10+ Year Old Account

Why did miracle come back

Was it just the meta slowing down just enough for it to be viable again? Or some of their hard counters going away with naxx and gvg gone?

I was playing my nzoth rogue and had some pretty shitty draw I'll admit. I've got nzoth in hand going into round 10 but have had shit all deathrattles so far, maybe only a huckster, loot whore, and xaril. He throws down auctioneer...I've got a shadow strike in my hand so just waiting for him to end turn. Nope 4 spells and a conceal. I don't have anything to kill it stealthed so I dark iron skulker to damage it and throw down a huckster. Bunch of spells later he has a 12/12 van cleef and both of them concealed again. I can survive those swinging, and he has already burned both cold bloods, but of course down comes leeroy for the kill.

This deck just isn't even fun to play against. This guy could be playing against the AI for all the input I'm having once he gets rolling.

This isn't a looking for advice...just a gripe. Thought this deck was nerfed to hell specifically because blizzard didn't like the opponent having no recourse unless you can do 4 aoe damage at a moments notice.
    Last edited by Chuupag; 2016-06-25 at 04:10 PM.

I think it was the disappearance of the hard counter, specifically Loatheb, which made it viable again. It had got a bit of a resurgence from Tomb pillager but now with Loatheb out of the way it can be quite strong.

Deleted
    Just as some other decks its one of those "luck of the draw" decks.
    It can go horribly wrong, or kill the opponent with ease.

Personally not a fan of those on both sides (playing as and against).
    Its even used in tournaments though thanks to its random "win against anything" component.

1. Removal of Rogue hard counters. Not just Loatheb, but no more Sludge Belcher, Healbot, and Dr. Boom, all cards that really punished Rogue.

2. More mid game options to bridge the gap to Auctioneer. When Auctioneer got bumped to 6 mana it hurt Rogue because other then Azure Drake they didn't really have anything to play and would often have dead turns. Now you have Tomb Pillager and Xaril. Pillager in particular is very good as the coin you get out of it lets you either get to Auctioneer on turn 5 again or gives you another card draw.

3. Overall slower meta. Yeah you still have some aggro decks but there is no more Secret Paladin or Face Hunter. Even without Blade Flurry Rogue does well against Zoo. Face Shaman sucks to play against, but you can live with one bad matchup. But Miracle absolutely wrecks slow decks like most C'thun decks or N'zoth decks since it gives them time to draw into their combo.

Deleted
    Miracle rogue is not back, its really not a good deck. It loses to Zoo Locks, Shaman and Warriors horribly and those are all tier 1 decks.

Sure some people play it on the ladder, but some people play Priests or Druids also. Sometimes you get lucky.

Is Rogue the only class you can play Miracle with? Not a huge fan of Rogue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    without Conceal(rogue only), your Auctioneer is dead in 3/2/1....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    without Conceal(rogue only), your Auctioneer is dead in 3/2/1....
    I play Malyrogue and dont run a single conceal.
    It's mostly tomb pillager, Xaril and the fact the meta has slowed down thanks to gvg being rotated out. Although the removal of antique healbot really hurt miracle, that amount of healing keeps you going until those essential combo pieces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    No, you can play Miracle with Mage and Druid. Malygos + spells.

You can play Maly Druid with Auctioneer, but it isn't really "miracle." What makes it Miracle for Rogue is all the cheap if not free spells you cast that can completely swing a game by drawing a ton of cards, removing your opponents board, applying pressure, while replenishing your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    You can play Maly Druid with Auctioneer, but it isn't really "miracle." What makes it Miracle for Rogue is all the cheap if not free spells you cast that can completely swing a game by drawing a ton of cards, removing your opponents board, applying pressure, while replenishing your hand.
    Yea, the term miracle in terms of HS is specific to the Auctioneer interaction. It was in reference to usually they would get to turn 6 or 7 then just go off and draw a ton then conceal their auctioneer and continue it next turn until they got to their OTK,. Malygos in Mage or Druid aren't miracle, they are simply OTKs.

I think the combination of N'Zoth and Tomb Pillager just filled out their toolkit a lot more. Possibly a few other cards.

And yes, some more powerful decks/counters falling out of the meta.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Yea, the term miracle in terms of HS is specific to the Auctioneer interaction. It was in reference to usually they would get to turn 6 or 7 then just go off and draw a ton then conceal their auctioneer and continue it next turn until they got to their OTK,. Malygos in Mage or Druid aren't miracle, they are simply OTKs.
    I hate those two-turn OTKs! :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Miracle rogue is not back, its really not a good deck. It loses to Zoo Locks, Shaman and Warriors horribly and those are all tier 1 decks.

Sure some people play it on the ladder, but some people play Priests or Druids also. Sometimes you get lucky.
    It's... I dunno, second tier? Still if you're going to play Rogue it's probably Miracle now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Never knew that. Whenever Druid, Mage, or Shaman decks ran Malygos + spells they called the decks Miracle. They weren't really OTK because they required a tick of Emperor Thaurissan to pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    Never knew that. Whenever Druid, Mage, or Shaman decks ran Malygos + spells they called the decks Miracle. They weren't really OTK because they required a tick of Emperor Thaurissan to pull off.
    I know Maly druid ran auctioneer, and while it generally wouldnt work to the degree that rogue can that could be the reason. Not sure about Mage although i rarely see mages running maly (Since Antonidas is pretty much always better)