Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I'm so sorry but all I can think of is The Oblongs...

I'll take a seat over there.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I still call her gimpy or peg leg to get a laugh out of her though.
    Get her a flaming cane so it looks like she's going fast.

Do you also throw her over your shoulder so you can get her going faster?

Pandaren were a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I have Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and I make a point of adding that information on my profile as I feel withholding said information to be dishonest
    How old are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    Why would someone choose someone disabled when there are healthy people out there?
    very very harsh truth...

Quote Originally Posted by vareck View Post
    Get her a flaming cane so it looks like she's going fast.

Do you also throw her over your shoulder so you can get her going faster?
    I've been on the look out for a pirate themed cane. Maybe for Christmas.

So I recently threw myself back in the 'networking' game and noticed a somewhat annoying trend. On the rare chance I got talking to somebody the conversation would ultimately lead to my disability and one of two things occurred; 1. they ignored me 2. they said it doesn't matter they're interested in the person etc. Now after 2 we would naturally talk more and curiosity would continue regarding my imparments (such as requiring a ventilator, limited movement, etc). Thus far this occurred with 5 different guys and all 5 eventually quickly ignored me upon finding out further.

Now should I be angry or understanding? Would you ignore somebody upon finding out?

Personally i'm currently feeling angry, frustrated and disheartened but at the same time understanding that not everybody wants to deal with that shit
    you find it surpising that they rather be with somebody healthy then be your personal nurse till the end of their life ? such a huge shocker , so unexpected -_-

also it dependso n what the disability is - if its minor like a little limping of good looking person ofc nobody will care but if its serius disease dont you find its unfair to put all that burden on another person ?
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-07-30 at 10:35 AM.

Deleted
    I think i'd do the same. Not only are you taking on quite a choir going with someone as disabled as you as alot of careing goes into it, also the knowledge that (i think i read it somewhere in one of your threads) life expectancy is an issue. And we havent even discussed kids yet.

Life dealt you shitty cards. Im afraid i cant blame the people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the person. Wouldn't matter to me, and I definitely wouldn't pry for details, if it makes the person uncomfortable. I mean, look at Nick Vujicic: you won't find many people more disabled than him, and yet he is absolutely amazing. All these external things aren't important.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

7+ Year Old Account
    So I recently threw myself back in the 'networking' game and noticed a somewhat annoying trend. On the rare chance I got talking to somebody the conversation would ultimately lead to my disability and one of two things occurred; 1. they ignored me 2. they said it doesn't matter they're interested in the person etc. Now after 2 we would naturally talk more and curiosity would continue regarding my imparments (such as requiring a ventilator, limited movement, etc). Thus far this occurred with 5 different guys and all 5 eventually quickly ignored me upon finding out further.

Now should I be angry or understanding? Would you ignore somebody upon finding out?

Personally i'm currently feeling angry, frustrated and disheartened but at the same time understanding that not everybody wants to deal with that shit
    Well first of all, are you hot? It would be greatly in your favor

Joke aside, i think that you should feel as you want to feel. Having a disability, that often end in premature death, is something, that is very hard for other people to cope with. Dating/getting together with someone, who might die a lot earlier then yourself, is very hard, since you might lose your love very soon. I understand the people, who want to be nice and say that the disability does not matter; it really dosent for most people, but the thought of you dieing soon is very hard to get over.

Be angry or be understanding, it does not change anything. If you are having bad luck when it comes to romance, maybe you should start looking for different relations.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    My wife is disabled. After cancer treatment 6 years ago, some complications of getting her cured caused her to have slight paralysis in her left side. She walks with a cane. But I buy her nice wooden canes with intricate details carved in them, not those lame ass medical plastic ones you get from the old people store. So she is more like a pimp than an old lady. I still call her gimpy or peg leg to get a laugh out of her though.

Other than that, she looks like any other 35 year old. Plus she has big boobs and freckles, which basically floats my boat. Giggity Giggity. And we get front row parking when we go out cause she is handicapable. haha

Is your wife single?

Deleted
    Holy Necrobump Batman!

FYI i'm 30