Deleted

Help with upgrades.

Hi.

I've built computers for me and my friends the past 15 years so stuff like that is not a problem however i am not that good
    at knowing what parts are the best or what my bottleneck is, aswell as optimizing the system like overclocking etc.

I dont even know if i need to upgrade or if i can just buy a good cooler and overclock my shit.

Currently i have:

Mobo: Asus Z97-A
    CPU: Intel I7 4790K (Not clocked)
    CPU Cooling: Antec Watercooling.
    PSU: Corsair like 700-800w~
    RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600MHZ (Not clocked)
    GPU: Asus GTX970 Strix Factory OC
    SSD: Random corsair 120~ gb drive
    HDD: Some random 1TB drive

My first thought here is to get 2x 250gb Samsung 850 evo SSD's and go Raid0 with them, since i also want some more storage for more games.

And get a proper Aircooler for my CPU and overclock it?

What are your thoughts guys.

I mainly play games like WoW/CS:GO but obviously i want to be able to experience the odd witcher 3/Uncharted style game on max graphics.

I also have a 144HZ asus monitor at 1080P so therefor i strive after atleast 144FPS in every game to get all those frames out.

What do you guys think about this? Can i get any good overclocking with it?

https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NH-D15.../dp/B00L7UZMAK

- - - Updated - - -

Do you guys think its worth getting a 1070/1080? Or do you think my SSD/CPU is a bigger bottleneck.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your SSD cant help you get better FPS they only help in load time. Second there is no bottleneck with you system. watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9XuCz1FQEU
    and you will see what bottle necking is

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmos View Post
    Your SSD cant help you get better FPS they only help in load time. Second there is no bottleneck with you system. watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9XuCz1FQEU
    and you will see what bottle necking is
    Well, i think my fps is rather shit in some games, so it feels like something is wonky , sometimes my system even freezelags and loads alot longer then it should.

Could it be that my SSD has lived long enough?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would do a fresh install of windows and you games again to see if that helps

Deleted
    Is my rig even good though?

I get like 150-250 fps in CSGO on low settings i see streamers on like 500-600 fps WHILE streaming.

Your PC is nearly twice as fast as mine for games and i have no complaints with performance. Its most likely something is goofy with yours, id try a reinstall of windows like suggested above. If thats too much of a chore first try reinstalling graphics drivers and make sure you have all proper drivers installed. (right click this PC>properties>device manager, there should be no yellow exclamation points)