Graphics Card not recognized

I recently bought the "Unicorn" build with a new gtx 1080, but I cannot get the graphics card to be recognized at all. I've tried both pcie slots in the mobo, the fans turn on and it lights up, but there is zero recognition in the BIOS. I've disabled onboard graphics in the bios and in windows. Ive also attempted to swap in a gtx 970 to check the ports, that doesn't work either. The rest of the computer works fine! How likely is it for both pci-e slots to be dead on a brand new Mobo? Any suggestions? I've done everything I can think of and googled a bunch of stuff and none of that has worked either. Should I just send the Mobo back and get another?
    Thanks for the assist!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylepoints View Post
    I recently bought the "Unicorn" build with a new gtx 1080, but I cannot get the graphics card to be recognized at all. I've tried both pcie slots in the mobo, the fans turn on and it lights up, but there is zero recognition in the BIOS. I've disabled onboard graphics in the bios and in windows. Ive also attempted to swap in a gtx 970 to check the ports, that doesn't work either. The rest of the computer works fine! How likely is it for both pci-e slots to be dead on a brand new Mobo? Any suggestions? I've done everything I can think of and googled a bunch of stuff and none of that has worked either. Should I just send the Mobo back and get another?
    Thanks for the assist!
    Easy things to do:

Update the BIOS of your mobo and try again, if still nothing then ... what Power Supply do you have and are you connecting the power cables to the GFX cards?

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOV...ag=mmochamp-20

Is my powersupply.

I've been connecting the cable to the card from the power supply, ive swapped out cables as well, no go. Ill try the BIOS update.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylepoints View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOV...ag=mmochamp-20

Is my powersupply.

I've been connecting the cable to the card from the power supply, ive swapped out cables as well, no go. Ill try the BIOS update.
    Well assuming the PSU is not defective (try a different port on the PSU side) there are only 2 other options left:

1. CPU is busted (CPU houses the PCIe lanes)
    2. Mobo is busted.

To be certain try the graphics cards (with the same PSU) in a different test mobo if you can.
    If that works I'm pretty sure your mobo is busted, it's very rare for CPU to not function.

I figured it was the mobo, just kind of shocked that literally everything else works except the pci-e ports, even the other slots for network/sound cards work. Worst luck ever I guess.

I did do the BIOS update, still nothing

- - - Updated - - -

Your assistance is appreciated ;D