Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Depends on the turtle...

Aligator snapping turtles (even regular snappers if they're big enough) can easily kill kids and outrun them. You can't "handle them easily" either without training, you could lose a hand or foot in a split second.

These things go after alligators and can get up to 300 pounds, twice that size.
    Those are not likely to be in a backyard and if you kid is ruming alone in marshes maybe youre not the best parent. And also theyy very rarely get this sizeThey are endangered aren't they ? meaning they are monitored and ones that size are most definitely tagged
    Telling your kid to climb a tree in the off chance a giant turtle attacks them isn't too hard either

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't news worthy. Who cares? Last time I checked, snapping turtles aren't endangered. Honestly, what's wrong with people now a days? You can't take a shit in the woods without someone catching you on camera and people getting offended on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xx420baby420xx View Post
    Those are not likely to be in a backyard and if you kid is ruming alone in marshes maybe youre not the best parent. And also very very rarely. They are endangered aren't they ? meaning they are monitored and ones that size are most definitely tagged
    Telling your kid to climb a tree in the off chance a giant turtle attacks them isn't too hard either
    They're listed as "vulnerable," which is threatened, but not yet endangered.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    They're listed as "vulnerable," which is threatened, but not yet endangered.
    True, I'm sure that they are under some level of observation in that case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those are not likely to be in a backyard and if you kid is ruming alone in marshes maybe youre not the best parent. And also theyy very rarely get this sizeThey are endangered aren't they ? meaning they are monitored and ones that size are most definitely tagged
    Ha ha ha ha ha. Bruh I live in da swamp. Dem mothas are nasty, but they tasty. The eggs are good too. (I bet no body in this thread ever even gaffed turtles before, prolly neva even ate turtle before, probably never even touched a turtle before.) Ain't nobody taging them turtles where I live. And let me tell you, In about March, the canals are chock full of em. You ride your bike by the canal and all you hear is them sliding down in the canal. Even a little one can take off your finger. Actually even after you cut the head off, you still gotta watch cuz the head can still bite for a while after it's cut. My grandma almost lost a finger that way.
    And don't let anyone ever fool you that turtles aren't fast. That's the same people who'll tell you chickens aren't smart.
    There ain't always a tree either nu.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Hemak View Post
    Ha ha ha ha ha. Bruh I live in da swamp. Dem mothas are nasty, but they tasty. The eggs are good too. (I bet no body in this thread ever even gaffed turtles before, prolly neva even ate turtle before, probably never even touched a turtle before.) Ain't nobody taging them turtles where I live. And let me tell you, In about March, the canals are chock full of em. You ride your bike by the canal and all you hear is them sliding down in the canal. Even a little one can take off your finger. Actually even after you cut the head off, you still gotta watch cuz the head can still bite for a while after it's cut. My grandma almost lost a finger that way.
    And don't let anyone ever fool you that turtles aren't fast. That's the same people who'll tell you chickens aren't smart.
    There ain't always a tree either nu.
    I work with animals so I'm fully aware that many animals are dangerous. I just don't see the reason to flip your ship anD torture an animal rather than just think it through. Yeah there isn't always a tree but turtles are not naturally agressive either. Plenty of ways to minimize harm to yourself and the animal without bashing it to bits slowly.

Small dogs can be incredibly ruthless, but you still get into shit if you bashed it to death. but unless there is some bizarre hypothetical situation in which all other means are unavailable then sure killing the animal may be necessary, 95% of the time it's not

Though swamp living is different than a good chunk of people's experiences.

Gotra commend you if your just pulling my leg though. You're dedicated

Clearly an act of cruelty but I don't think this is worth a criminal record.

10+ Year Old Account
    At my cabin a few years back there was a huge snapping turtle under the dock, and my step dad was concerned because people have lost digits to these things. Toes, fingers, or more. So we ended up catching it in a net, which it completely tore apart, and we shot it in the head with a rifle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I work with animals so I'm fully aware that many animals are dangerous. I just don't see the reason to flip your ship anD torture an animal rather than just think it through. Yeah there isn't always a tree but turtles are not naturally agressive either. Plenty of ways to minimize harm to yourself and the animal without bashing it to bits slowly.

Small dogs can be incredibly ruthless but unless there is some bizarre hypothetical situation in which all other means are unavailable then sure killing the animal may be necessary, 95% of the time it's not
    Yeah, I mean I don't agree with what he did either. He should a took the turtle for the meat, or at lest the shell, or thrown the damn thing back in the water to feed the fish. (Well the buzzards and ants would have ate it on the land.) But I also don't get why this is even news. You know how many dead turtles I find just flattened on the road? Nobody cares about that. People run em over all the time. You don't even notice unless its a big un.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemak View Post
    Yeah, I mean I don't agree with what he did either. He should a took the turtle for the meat, or at lest the shell, or thrown the damn thing back in the water to feed the fish. (Well the buzzards and ants would have ate it on the land.) But I also don't get why this is even news. You know how many dead turtles I find just flattened on the road? Nobody cares about that. People run em over all the time. You don't even notice unless its a big un.

Some people do care a lot about road kill. Most people probably don't. This in particular is different because it was meditated and intentionally drew out the suffering of the animal.

It's news because what people In Hollywood wear is news these days
    Last edited by Xx420baby420xx; 2016-06-27 at 05:12 AM.

Turtles are vicious creatures that hunt you down relentlessly, give the man a break...

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people do care a lot about road kill. Most people probably don't. This in particular is different because it was meditated and intentionally drew out the suffering of the animal.
    Hey now I didn't say no one cared about road kill. I know many a fine individuals who pick up fresh deer and alligator road kill to make sausage.

It's news because what people In Hollywood wear is news these days
    Ain't dat the damn truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Really should have psychiatric help rather than be thrown in prison. Putting him in jail will only make him worse. His act was despicable but we know what's next.
    Both is a very viable option as well.

Get the criminals off the streets and into forced psychiatric help. Frankly, I'd rather see us spending out tax dollars on medium to high security mental hospitals instead of jailing every little stupid offense or keeping low risk flight people locked up until their trials, which can take upwards of 6 months.

Way to move the goalposts. You said "it's easy to handle a turtle", I concisely showed that it isn't easy with all types.

As far as your other comments:

1. They're not endangered.
    2. They easily get to the size in the picture. In the video they say that's 100 pounds, they can go up to 300.
    3. They don't only live in the swamp, they're all over the US where there's freshwater. So yeah, they could be in your backyard. The females routinely travel onto dry land to make nests.
    4. If one of these attacks your kid, they're not going to climb a tree, they're probably going to die or at the least, lose a limb. It's also not like kids can just magically climb up trees whenever needed. Not all trees are climbable and there always isn't a tree in your immediate vicinity.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Who carries a hammer when out walking by a lake?

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    He's not only beating that dog with a rock, but after that he begins to eat it, which is kinda fucked up. There were also some people who didn't do anything...
    Shame someone didnt shoot the guy
    PROUD TO BE CALLED A CONSPIRACY THEORIST

10+ Year Old Account
    They're a menace to crops something should be done to reduce their numbers though that itself would be self defense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MCO Readycheck View Post
    Who carries a hammer when out walking by a lake?
    The only one asking a relevant and legit question, so far.

The man is obviously a loonie, no doubt - And i sincerely doubt "Self defense".

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Way to move the goalposts. You said "it's easy to handle a turtle", I concisely showed that it isn't easy with all types.

As far as your other comments:

1. They're not endangered.
    2. They easily get to the size in the picture. In the video they say that's 100 pounds, they can go up to 300.
    3. They don't only live in the swamp, they're all over the US where there's freshwater. So yeah, they could be in your backyard. The females routinely travel onto dry land to make nests.
    4. If one of these attacks your kid, they're not going to climb a tree, they're probably going to die or at the least, lose a limb. It's also not like kids can just magically climb up trees whenever needed. Not all trees are climbable and there always isn't a tree in your immediate vicinity.

The one pictureD there is an Aligator snapping turtle which has a much smaller distribution than the common snapping turtle. Common snapping turtles can get big (not as big as the alligator turtle) but they are also very docile unless threatened.

I was not suggesting that climbing trees were the only thing. I was only highlighting the fact turtles while they can be quick are not agile and able to climb anything very well.

It's far easier to teach your kids about these dangers instead of thinking up hypothetical situations where you murder a turtle.

Teaching your kid what an agressive turtle will do aND what a calm turtle is like is much more effective than just hoping it doesn't happen. Most turtles will stand you down rather than chase you down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    The only one asking a relevant and legit question, so far.

The man is obviously a loonie, no doubt - And i sincerely doubt "Self defense".
    Lots of trades people always carry tools. It's not an insightful question lol

Deleted
    Lots of trades people always carry tools. It's not an insightful question lol
    ALWAYS? Even in your free time, of just being civil status?

When the f'ck did you last see a person carry a f'cking hammer in public, that is just plain civil status