Poll: Whats witholding you from rolling a new main?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Whats witholding you from rolling a new main?

I've played quite a bit on my druid (hitting 1 year played soon). Druids havent been in the best place as of late and while balance is great for getting old stuff done quick, i cant help but feel i want to go back to (demon)hunter. One problem, i cba to do the 23k achievment points (91% of all achievments done) all over again and abandon all the time invested. If all achievments were account wide id switch in a heartbeat.

Is there anything witholding you from swapping mains? And if so, what?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Whats witholding you from rolling a new main?
    1. Primarily that my account is inactive.
    2. After having played the master class for so long, Druid(Resto), there really is no other viable option.

Time invested. Unobtainable items. All reputations at exalted. Nostalgia. List goes on.

I have enough 100s as it is. And none of other classes/specs interest me enough to play, except havoc dhs.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    I've played quite a bit on my druid (hitting 1 year played soon). Druids havent been in the best place as of late and while balance is great for getting old stuff done quick, i cant help but feel i want to go back to (demon)hunter. One problem, i cba to do the 23k achievment points (91% of all achievments done) all over again and abandon all the time invested. If all achievments were account wide id switch in a heartbeat.

Is there anything witholding you from swapping mains? And if so, what?
    I am Injustice. I am the wall from behind which my guild defeats the enemies of Azeroth. That is reason enough.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Achievements/reps
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Deleted
    i just like playing my shaman, get bored on every other class i've tried pretty quick

Deleted
    64 exalted reps on my main (know some ppl have a lot more) but the thought of redoing that ><

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's stopping me from rolling a new main is that I still very much enjoy my old main and intend on keeping her even during Legion.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I am Injustice. I am the wall from behind which my guild defeats the enemies of Azeroth. That is reason enough.
    Damn Pali's always taking it to the next level - nice guild btw Injustice

- - - Updated - - -

OT: too lazy to level another.. I only leveled my warriors, the Pali I run main now, and the spriest are the boosts (free) - really love free btw haha.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I'd say reputations, as more and more achievements and toys become account-wide, I have one character that dominates reputations, having only a handful of reps not at exalted. That and the collections of Legendaries, which I'm only missing one on that character.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Whenever an expansion comes, I'm always excited to try out new spells, animations and stuff but I keep coming back to my Retri mostly because I enjoy the theme and melee-spellcaster gameplay the most.

This won't be the case in Legion though, since the gameplay is vastly different and I don't like it that much, so I guess its mostly flavor and gameplay from holding or not holding me to roll a new main. :P

OH MY LORD I've been dwelling on this for days and days!

It boils down to *only* the fact that I don't want to have to make ALL the engineering goodies over and over again, Jeeves specifically.

And that's ENOUGH of a fact to destroy my will to make any more characters. I can't live without Jeeves but he's such a pain to create!

the fact that i cant make up my mind which class i want to go lol...outlaw rogue, unholy dk and hunter, demon hunter and mage overall look so good...it's like being a kid and having to choose which candy you get

Absolutely nothing. in fact, I'm rerolling in legion.

Time invested and the logistics of getting another character to max level.

I like my main too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Priest has been my main since TBC and I have ~1 year played on her.

The achievements I don't mind since the amount is account bound and it's not as if I'm going to delete my Priest ever.

But, I'm not particularly liking where Shadow is going from what I've seen from PTR and beta feedback. The guild I run with (on another server) won't need any more healers, so it's looking less likely my Priest will be my main going into Legion.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Combination of achievements (some of which are unobtainable FoS), reputations (some of which are unobtainable), quests completed (including pre-Cata Loremaster), professions (some recipes are now unobtainable) and time invested.

my main will always be my enhancement shaman, started in vanilla beta that way and no reason to stop now. I have since leveled one of every class on both horde and alliance so it's not like if something were to happen that I wouldn't be set to pick up and go with whichever seemed better, cuz you never know when the good old nerf bat will rear its ugly barbed head!!!