Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

25 Children killed in Airstrikes

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/26/world/...cef/index.html

Mod note- As of this moment, there's absolutely nothing to suggest who committed this strike at all, but since there's still discussion that can be had, instead I'm snipping out the false accusations towards US and Russia. If any new info comes out, feel free to present it, but without any info right now, it's basically just bait blaming a country that has no evidence on them
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-06-27 at 03:38 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The commander in chief would have authorized the attack. Thanks Obama.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-06-27 at 01:07 AM.

Welcome to a warzone. Civilians always pay the price during war time.

Quote Originally Posted by Natiry427 View Post

So the US and Russia killed 25 children in airstrikes today.

And we wonder why we have terrorism. the US military must be the worst terror organization in the world.
    First, blood for blood. Muslim blood for American Blood. Balance is restored.

Second, US and Russia. While U.S. has to follow stupid laws regard minimizing casulty, russia does not have to. They don't spend so much on smart bombs, they just use regular dumb bomb.

I like how the title only mentions the US doing the bombings...

10+ Year Old Account
    And how many children have been sold, killed, and raped by ISIS?

It's war and unfortunately shit like this happens because scumbags like to use civilians and meat shield.

Sounds like OP is an ISIS sympathizer and needs looked into.

Quote Originally Posted by Varteras View Post
    I like how the title only mentions the US doing the bombings...
    Nation bashing is only allowed when it's about america.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

And we wonder why we have terrorism. the US military must be the worst terror organization in the world.
    More like Halfling Terrorists dressed as tiny humans!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Where does it say the US did that? Here's your link
    (CNN)Health workers pulled little lifeless bodies out from under mounds of rubble after airstrikes reportedly hit and killed 25 children in the eastern part of the Syrian province of Deir Ezzor, a U.N. agency said.

Three air attacks targeted heavily crowded areas, including a mosque during prayer time on Saturday, in the town of al-Quriyah, UNICEF said in a statement.
    Deir Ezzor city, the provincial capital, has been a hotbed of conflict since ISIS militants captured the northern suburbs in January. The city has been a critical junction for ISIS, with roads east and south toward Iraq and west to areas it controls in Homs province, including Palmyra.
    It is also surrounded by some of ISIS' most valuable oilfields, which have been intensively targeted by both U.S. and Russian airpower in recent months.
    Here's the UNICEF statement
    26 June 2016- According to Unicef’s local partners in Syria, 25 children were reportedly killed yesterday in air-strikes on al-Quriyah town, in the eastern countryside of Deir-ez-Zor.

Three attacks reportedly hit heavily crowded areas including a mosque during prayer time. Health workers were reported to have pulled bodies of children out from under the rubble.

Amid an intensification of violence, attacks on children in Syria are becoming commonplace with callous disregard for the lives of children.

Under international humanitarian law, the killing and maiming of children is a grave violation against children.

Nothing justifies attacks on children -no matter where they are- nor under whose control they live.

Unicef deplores these attacks and calls on all parties to the conflict to keep children out of harm’s way.

Does it involve guns inside the United States?

No? No one gives a shit then.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, from the available sources, we don't even know who's done the air strikes, and the thread and OP claims it was the US (and Russia).
    Interesting.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Your article doesn't even mention who is responsible for the deaths. All it mentions is that the US and Russia have both targeted the area in recent months.
    Last edited by anveena; 2016-06-27 at 01:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Hey listen, they can vote to take away our right to protect ourselves in america (the right to own guns) - but yet use our military to kill children. Great world we live in right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    First, blood for blood. Muslim blood for American Blood. Balance is restored.
    How barbaric. Do you really consider yourself better than them? That philosophy is as medieval as anything isis does.

oh well. they were probably kids of terrorists. thats the parents fault. if i was a cartel boss with a family and my family gets killed because of the work i do, can i really blame the killer? it would be entirely my fault.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

If you can't attack places where children are, they'll just keep children everywhere. Life's not fair, war is grim, and the sun rises another day. Welcome to human existence.

10+ Year Old Account
    They use children as shields. Learned that during my four tours.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I don't know if this is the case here, but Terrorist groups have been known to use human shields to protect themselves because the US military will do everything in its power to NOT hurt civilians, even if it means losing a target.

ISIS and jihadists more generally aren't even in the same fucking Universe regarding war tactics. They literally TARGET civilians. Your false equivalence is fucking stupid. Now go away, your ideas are not valuable.
    Last edited by Eviscero; 2016-06-27 at 01:41 AM.

Civilians tend to get caught up in wars and end up dying...this includes kids. Most of the time it would be the place the civilians are from fault for fighting a war when they cant protect their citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    they just use regular dumb bomb.

totally read that in a Russian accent