Auric Basic Multi-map Metas

I am guessing that they will stop the practice soon but multi map metas are taking off in a big way. The price of rares on the TP is crashing because of it. Basically the idea is that you join a squad that has 3+ maps on it. At the end of the event people jump to the other maps and then loot the big chests on them too. Obviously you need to wait for those maps to finish the meta but you get the picture. If anyone needs more of an explanation I can give one. Lobbies, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, take a look at T6 mats, if anything AB Maphopping is a bandaid solution to the level of inflation mats got.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see them reworking the large chests to a once-per-meta thing. It just feels like a cheesy way to get more loot out of the game without actually playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It reminds of how people exploited SW to all hell back in the day until the chest where neutered there too, even when HoT came out they servely cut the drop rate of shovels.

Its funny how these types of things come to be in GW2. Its not like they really changed anything in AB (it was still one of the most rewarding maps BEFORE they upped the loot). The technique was known but like the case in SW the masses would say that you were full of shit until 1 month later it becomes meta.

Might be the unpopular opinion, but I hope Anet breaks the hell out of it. Enjoy it until the next quarterly patch, which I think is in 2-4 weeks. One change I see is them making chest behave like rich harvesting nodes (but with a shorter cooldown). You can't just map hop to gain access to particular rich nodes because the cooldown for the node persist across all maps, I see chest being changed to work in a similar fashion.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2016-07-01 at 10:19 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    I can see them reworking the large chests to a once-per-meta thing. It just feels like a cheesy way to get more loot out of the game without actually playing the game.
    You could actually play the game and get loot at launch, but people made to much gold. God forbid you don't open your wallet every time you want/need something.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    You could actually play the game and get loot at launch, but people made to much gold. God forbid you don't open your wallet every time you want/need something.
    I'm really not sure I follow, could you quantify the bolded part? I feel fairly well rewarded, and I've never even thought to throw money at the game for the sole purpose of converting gems to gold for anything.

In the case of Auric Basin, doing more than just the Battle for Tarir is pretty lucrative: lots of champ bags and aurillium, along with a lot of extra keys so you never actually have to buy them (thus saving aurillium for more useful things).

Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    I'm really not sure I follow, could you quantify the bolded part? I feel fairly well rewarded, and I've never even thought to throw money at the game for the sole purpose of converting gems to gold for anything.

In the case of Auric Basin, doing more than just the Battle for Tarir is pretty lucrative: lots of champ bags and aurillium, along with a lot of extra keys so you never actually have to buy them (thus saving aurillium for more useful things).
    Because they nerf'd everything that was a reward, but that wasn't enough, they came up with a better idea and put a cap on loot. I quit playing the game simply because if I wanted something I had to go get my wallet, working for it was a long drawn out BS process simply because GEMs.

Even at 15 a month on gems, you feel cheated, or I did, as well as a few friends that played as well.

I quit playing when dusk/dawn was 60g on the AH, and you could farm the zone by Arah all day.
    Last edited by Pickynerd; 2016-07-02 at 06:49 AM.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    actually "farming stuff" isnt even hard atm, you can make gold even sneezing now =P
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    actually "farming stuff" isnt even hard atm, you can make gold even sneezing now =P
    I have noticed that a lot of things give level 76-79 rares that used to give level 80. Same way the zone completions give a 76 and 78 now for Orr.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."