Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    When was the last time this happened? There was one ad that was causing performance issues but it should be gone now.
    100% gone btw, I think whatever happened it hasn't shown up for hours. I guess I spend too much time here hahha. Thank you a ton, it's working flawlessly now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    while using html5 instead of adobe flash player is a good move towards preventing the installation of rootkits and other various malware, dont be fooled.

html5 does have vulnerabilities and the database continues to grow as attackers switch or introduce additional code to exploit it...

so HA! or something like that.
    Yeah I hope all of that stuff continues getting a patch, exploits are rough because they can get through to any system regardless if it's Windows/Mac/Linux/Unix (for all you l33t haxxorz) - nothing will ever be perfect, but I LOVE HTML 5 over flash ALL DAY EVRYDAAYYY

Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    Adblock stops your man chaud from keeping Mmo-C alive. It's better to help him find the ads that cause these issues. If you could provide ad urls that would help immensely in tracking down the issue.

And turning on click to play requires no effort and fixes the issue untill he can track down the issue.
    That's a wonderfully idealistic notion. While you support the page by clicking on dodgy ads I'll enjoy my smooth running, virus free, annoyance free experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    That's a wonderfully idealistic notion. While you support the page by clicking on dodgy ads I'll enjoy my smooth running, virus free, annoyance free experience.
    You know I have never clicked an ad. Never got a virus or any malware. Seems you sir are doing something wrong. Turning on click to play makes the site run super smooth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually had to install adblocker at work for issues with this site constantly crashing shockwave player in Chrome. It'd been going on for months, I just couldn't be botherd complaining about it.

You know I have never clicked an ad. Never got a virus or any malware. Seems you sir are doing something wrong. Turning on click to play makes the site run super smooth.
    Am I? Because like you I never have any issues, but you seem to be an anecdote in this thread considering people are having issues with the ads on the site, and you just happen to be not having a problem. I will never have issues.

Also if you aren't clicking ads you aren't really supporting them. Clicking ads is how they make money.

7+ Year Old Account
    Disable Flash (assuming you're on chrome) I haven't tested anything other than Firefox and Chrome but Firefox doesn't have flash installed by default which fixes the issue I'm seeing. And disabling it on Chrome fixes it aswell.

To disable Flash on chrome to type in "about://plugins" to your search bar. Then look for "Adobe Flash Player" and press the disable button which should be under it.
    My Flash player is disable but the problem is still there. Is very annoing... I dont understand why we dont have any support from the site admin...
    Last edited by Tartys; 2016-07-09 at 11:20 AM.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    My Flash player is disable but the problem is still there. Is very annoing... I dont understand why we dont have any support from the site admin...
    You do. Chaud posted in the thread earlier and I can only assume is looking into the issue.

I've had the same thing happening to me lately, opening MMO CHAMP totally freezes my Firefox to the point where I have to use task manager to close it, so I switched to Chrome for mmo champ only, but since yesterday the same thing has been happening to Chrome as well. :S

Deleted
    Problem solved after installing adblocker. I'm blocking 36 ads when i open MMO-Champion...

Thanks for the info guys.