Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Why do republicans only care about the 2nd amendment? Why don't they give a shit that Trump wants to put limitations on the 1st amendment?

Oh, and the 2nd amendment isn't in danger of being taken away either. It's all fear mongering.
    The 1st amendment isn't a cash cow like the 2nd one is.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    I love how protective you guys are about your 2nd amendment and how the constitution can never ever change and its stuck there no matter what.

amendment
    1. the act of amending or the state of being amended.
    2. an alteration of or addition to a motion, bill, constitution, etc.
    3. a change made by correction, addition, or deletion
    So call for a fucking Constitutional Convention. Thats how it works.

Btw please do, Because shits gonna hit the fan for the left when it does. Thats why the left states dont bring it up.
    Last edited by Oktoberfest; 2016-06-27 at 07:29 AM.
    PROUD TO BE CALLED A CONSPIRACY THEORIST

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    No I would not.

I've experienced direct family gun death for the record. I'd go into detail, but you have some real classless basement dwellers on here that would abuse that information to no end.
    If you have that sucks and you would be the exception not the rule. As soon as tragedy hits peoples doors they do a 180 or even worse adopt some do as I say not as I do nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    If you have that sucks and you would be the exception not the rule. As soon as tragedy hits peoples doors they do a 180 or even worse adopt some do as I say not as I do nonsense.
    I don't disagree.

Funny enough, I became a gun owner after a female family member (completely unrelated event) was attacked with a knife in the bathroom outside of the ICU inside a god damn hospital.

Before that, I had never considered owning a gun, I actually had no idea I could even carry one. My knowledge on guns was isolated to video games or television.

I'm not sure that the majority of the country has common sense. Either way the 2nd amendment isn't going anywhere anytime soon. If nothing else the NRA has a death grip on Washington and that isn't changing without one hell of a fight.
    It's not going to change until the citizen's mindset changes. If sometime in the future the extreme majority of the country agree on taking out the 2A, it would happen rather quick. As it is now? Too much support from the citizens so democracy won't allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    At the end of the day the second amendment isn't about hunting, or even self defense. It's about giving citizens the ability to fight their govt if it became tyrannical.
    I'm glad that's admitted by someone. However, we will need far more than firearms if the government were to go tyrannical on us.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51
    At the end of the day the second amendment isn't about hunting, or even self defense. It's about giving citizens the ability to fight their govt if it became tyrannical.
    That isn't exactly clear, although I'm aware that it is sometimes cast in that light. Now, you have served on active duty -- rhetoric and Red Dawn aside, do you realistically assert that armed citizens stand a snowballs chance in hell of an armed resistance to the active duty military? The last time that was tried was in the 1860s, when the gap in weaponry was less. It didn't work out so well.

We cannot have it both ways. We cannot say the American military is an unstoppable juggernaut on the world stage, while at the same time hallucinating that legions of Rambos will rise up to battle domestic tyrants.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

The 1st amendment isn't a cash cow like the 2nd one is.
    I don't know, the media seems like a pretty big industry.

Trump says ban Muslims and terrorism will go down, and his supporters shout in agreement.
    But tell them ban guns and massacres will go down, and they light up the torches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    Bit of a thought bubble: Martin Briant was a law-abiding citizen until he bought an assault rifle then shot and killed 35 people at Port Arthur in 1996. Now law-abiding citizens in Australia aren't able to buy assault rifles and we haven't had a mass shooting in 20 years.

I also feel vastly safer not living in such a virulent gun culture because I know the statistical probability of having a disagreement that escalates to getting shot by some drunk idiot with a concealed-carry permit is basically zero.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by dr2022 View Post
    Trump says ban Muslims and terrorism will go down, and his supporters shout in agreement.
    But tell them ban guns and massacres will go down, and they light up the torches.
    Better yet, propose a gun ownership ban for Muslims and it will get some support by the same crowd.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    I don't know, the media seems like a pretty big industry.
    You can still have media without it though. The illusion of it being free would just be gone.

If that was completely true we would have access to tanks, jets and other machines of war. When we all were fighting with muskets things were a bit different. Seeing how the rules didn't expand with the technology says something.

- - - Updated - - -

If it was about money for them it would be easier to agree with them. It wasn't until the damn Brady bill that they got away from thinking responsible gun ownership was as important as being able to own a gun. Now all that matter is being able to buy as many as you can.
    Common sense would say the rules evolve with technology.

I mean, unless you think freedom,of speech only extends to papers and oral speech. The constitution doesn't say anything about the internet.....so, guess you better get off mmocot

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll believe Trump is a supporter of the second amendment when he proves that he's a supporter of the first and fourth amendments.

(His plan to ban even American Muslims from entering the country simply because they're Muslim is definitely a violation of the first amendment, probably a violation of the fourth).

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    That isn't exactly clear, although I'm aware that it is sometimes cast in that light. Now, you have served on active duty -- rhetoric and Red Dawn aside, do you realistically assert that armed citizens stand a snowballs chance in hell of an armed resistance to the active duty military? The last time that was tried was in the 1860s, when the gap in weaponry was less. It didn't work out so well.

We cannot have it both ways. We cannot say the American military is an unstoppable juggernaut on the world stage, while at the same time hallucinating that legions of Rambos will rise up to battle domestic tyrants.
    I'd say it is.

Most folks I knew in the service would be appalled at the idea of going to war with their own citizens. My guess is in the event where they were asked to, most would refuse the order.

Of millions of people were in physical resistance to the remainder of the military, it would be hard pressed to maintain order, much less win a protracted conflict, unless the govt is willing to destroy entire cities, which I doubt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    I'll believe Trump is a supporter of the second amendment when he proves that he's a supporter of the first and fourth amendments.

(His plan to ban even American Muslims from entering the country simply because they're Muslim is definitely a violation of the first amendment, probably a violation of the fourth).
    How?

Non citizens are not guaranteed to right of entry, and are not protected by the constitution unless they are in American soil.

If what your saying was the case Jimmy Carter would have been impeached.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post

His plan was to ban any non-american immigrant muslim from entering US. You can't ban an american citizen. Tho you could put him on the no-flight list like Obama administration did.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Yes, of course, a new guy joins the forum and his first post is to jump into a gun related thread.

Sure buddy. Carry on.
    My first post at a wow site wasn't about wow it was GoT! oh wait no it wasn't, it was about wow...

If Trump wants to protect people's freedoms so badly, why is his entire campaign based on taking away people's freedoms?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    If Trump wants to protect people's freedoms so badly, why is his entire campaign based on taking away people's freedoms?
    Nice try, troll post. He doesn't take any freedoms away if you are an american citizen. Illegals should be deported.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    what freedoms is that? Serious question I am asking because I can't recall any but I don't read very many stories about Trump.

Deleted
    BUH MAH AMENDMENTS

You Americans sure love debating amendments