Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Expectations for First Raid of Legion!

Howdy Raiders!

I was wondering if we could put our heads together and come up with a good resource of gear/artifact power/any other kind of "player power" that will be reasonably available before raids unlock (is it officially two weeks after launch?)

I am not in beta but I have been monitoring MMO-Champion, and various beta streamers and its still difficult for me to suss out exactly whats reasonably attainable so I can direct my raiders "Hey this is what we expect before you step into nightmare".

Anyone have some good ideas? As of now I know there are two weeks of Mythic Dungeon lockouts up for grabs, and "some" world quests. Any more specifics? Have your guilds set forth any expectations?

Deleted
    It's not hard to figure it out if you play. The main sources are world quests, 5mans and other obvious content. One has to make sure to not miss basic steps like progressing the halls, progressing the artifact research, giving lower priority to profession/levelling quests (they are a lot this time around).

The world quest feature in particular is the main new thing. It will be the main source of easy stuff for the entire expansion. It starts giving stuff applicable to what you need when you ding, but, as you progress you progressively get better stuff from them for doing the same effort.

The other new thing that needs to be stressed is that artifacts have work orders that make them stronger much faster. Miss that and you're wasting a lot of time. Those concepts are new and I'm pretty sure some players will miss them at first.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If we're given a full month from launch till raids release, it can be expected that the more hardcore players will fully max out all of the talents from the artifact, and begin working on the 20 levels of pure damage/stam/healing levels
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    If we're given a full month from launch till raids release, it can be expected that the more hardcore players will fully max out all of the talents from the artifact, and begin working on the 20 levels of pure damage/stam/healing levels
    Don't think it will be maxed in a month. Remember they have to have several alts done as well so not as much time on 1 char to do so
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping for Gear checks none of these raids where top us guilds can clear on day one.

and a learning Curve to keep progression interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Don't think it will be maxed in a month. Remember they have to have several alts done as well so not as much time on 1 char to do so
    I'm pretty sure it's mathematically impossible to max an artifact that early. Use one of the talent calculators for artifacts and see how the cost to them increases. There is an artifact buff that progressively makes it easier but it's not enough to even go half way there for the first weeks.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    I'm one of those people who are required to have more than one toon for split raids. I will have 2 mages for split raids, a Blood DK for alt raids/just general playing, and a Hunter that I will casually work on throughout the expansion. My two mages will absolutely have maxed out trees, as that will give me a leg up on any of my in-guild competition. It's still easily doable. After 2 weeks of research notes, you'll be getting a thousand artifact power per world quest

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's mathematically impossible to max an artifact that early. Use one of the talent calculators for artifacts and see how the cost to them increases. There is an artifact buff that progressively makes it easier but it's not enough to even go half way there for the first weeks.
    It's not. I've been playing Beta since day one. You can absolutely max out everything within a month, it will just require effort.

World Server Down.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    It's not. I've been playing Beta since day one. You can absolutely max out everything within a month, it will just require effort.
    What's your research buff? I find it hard to believe you can do 54 ranks within 4 weeks (the last one needs 4,605,000 artifact power). Never say never though.

I'm one of those people who are required to have more than one toon for split raids. I will have 2 mages for split raids, a Blood DK for alt raids/just general playing, and a Hunter that I will casually work on throughout the expansion. My two mages will absolutely have maxed out trees, as that will give me a leg up on any of my in-guild competition. It's still easily doable. After 2 weeks of research notes, you'll be getting a thousand artifact power per world quest

- - - Updated - - -

GL with that then : )
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    What's your research buff? I find it hard to believe you can do 54 ranks within 4 weeks (the last one needs 4,605,000 artifact power). Never say never though.
    You'll have what, 15 research rank ups after a month? and that 4 million one is for the level 1-20 final rank, isn't it?

You'll have what, 15 research rank ups after a month? and that 4 million one is for the level 1-20 final rank, isn't it?
    Oh sure, you've been playing beta since "day one" lol. Quit making things up. When the knowledge research isn't in catch-up mode it's 5-6 days per work order. You're not getting past 7 in the first month. The 34th trait alone costs 1.2 million power, good luck doing that at your 1-2k power per heroic or world quest.

Anyway @Halbrium:

Gear: 840+ with 3rd relic slot on artifact unlocked and filled (Order Hall Campaign finished, takes est. 7-14 days depending on class). Mythic dungeons drop 840, world quests drop up to 835 or 840, all of those can be randomly upgraded, and you can easily get 850 crafted gear. 840 before raids is easy, with around 850 being the maximum.

Traits: After 2 weeks you should be landing around 20 traits, plus or minus a couple depending on how the drop rates work out.

You have to be progressing your order hall upgrades because the last one lets you wear 2 legendaries (takes 45 days to get there though, so won't even be close when raids open).

You'll want to be doing Suramar for Nightfallen rep to unlock Arcway and Court of Stars if you plan on doing Mythic+ for gear too because you get kind of screwed if your keystone RNGs to one of those and people don't have it unlocked. It takes approximately 3-4 days to unlock Arcway and another 7-10 days after that to unlock Court of Stars.

Also people just have to play the game a lot to RNG their way into the proper legendaries. Data on how often you can expect to get them is hard to get right now, but it takes at least a couple of weeks of highly active play unless you get lucky.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Oh sure, you've been playing beta since "day one" lol. Quit making things up. When the knowledge research isn't in catch-up mode it's 5-6 days per work order. You're not getting past 7 in the first month. The 34th trait alone costs 1.2 million power, good luck doing that at your 1-2k power per heroic or world quest.

Anyway @Halbrium:

Gear: 840+ with 3rd relic slot on artifact unlocked and filled (Order Hall Campaign finished, takes est. 7-14 days depending on class). Mythic dungeons drop 840, world quests drop up to 835 or 840, all of those can be randomly upgraded, and you can easily get 850 crafted gear. 840 before raids is easy, with around 850 being the maximum.

Traits: After 2 weeks you should be landing around 20 traits, plus or minus a couple depending on how the drop rates work out.

You have to be progressing your order hall upgrades because the last one lets you wear 2 legendaries (takes 45 days to get there though, so won't even be close when raids open).

You'll want to be doing Suramar for Nightfallen rep to unlock Arcway and Court of Stars if you plan on doing Mythic+ for gear too because you get kind of screwed if your keystone RNGs to one of those and people don't have it unlocked. It takes approximately 3-4 days to unlock Arcway and another 7-10 days after that to unlock Court of Stars.

Also people just have to play the game a lot to RNG their way into the proper legendaries. Data on how often you can expect to get them is hard to get right now, but it takes at least a couple of weeks of highly active play unless you get lucky.
    https://m.imgur.com/5NMZdUl

The research notes got changed to a 2 day cycle about a week or two ago. But by all means, that's clearly not a pic I took from my cell phone, of one of my TWO beta accounts, showing that exact cycle.
    Last edited by Sylvaeres; 2016-06-29 at 11:16 PM.

Please, next time, know wtf you're talking about. The research notes got changed to a 2 day cycle about a week or two ago. But by all means, that's clearly not a pic I took from my cell phone, of one of my TWO beta accounts, showing that exact cycle. Game. Set. Match. Shhhhh
    Because the beta is already at increased speed. You will most likely be at 140% increase when raids launch, and the majority of the time will be spent with 0-50% increase, which is very low compared to the 200-375% you most likely have on beta. Somewhere around 19-21 traits is probably where you will be when launch happens. Maybe 1 or even 2 higher if you go really crazy with grinding.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Because the beta is already at increased speed. You will most likely be at 140% increase when raids launch, and the majority of the time will be spent with 0-50% increase, which is very low compared to the 200-375% you most likely have on beta. Somewhere around 19-21 traits is probably where you will be when launch happens. Maybe 1 or even 2 higher if you go really crazy with grinding.
    Is there a way to tell what % I'm at?

Please, next time, know wtf you're talking about. The research notes got changed to a 2 day cycle about a week or two ago. But by all means, that's clearly not a pic I took from my cell phone, of one of my TWO beta accounts, showing that exact cycle. Game. Set. Match. Shhhhh
    You're super far behind, that's why they are low. You are nowhere near level 15 artifact knowledge, or else your world quest AP items would be several thousand AP each, not 1k.

My main character's knowledge work orders take 4 days right now at knowledge level 6. My other character who is knowledge level 4 has 24 hours for the next work order that I started 2 seconds before this picture:

http://i.imgur.com/PyYWyXQ.png

Lower levels get faster and faster as the weeks pass as a catch-up mechanic for players that do not constantly keep them on work orders.

I know far more of what I'm talking about than you do. For example, I know how to grab things from my computer screen instead of taking awful cell phone pictures. I'm also not blatantly lying.

Is there a way to tell what % I'm at?

LOL priceless. Mouse over the big number on your trait panel, sweetie.

Artifact knowledge takes 5 days each and cost 500 resources now. Assuming Mythic opens in 3 week a so that's 4 knowledge points.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...htmlview#gid=0

Assuming you play 8 hours a day you will have 21 points.
    Last edited by Deliverer; 2016-06-29 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deliverer View Post
    Artifact knowledge takes 5 days each and cost 500 resources now. Assuming Mythic opens in 3 week a so that's 4 knowledge points.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...htmlview#gid=0

Assuming you play 8 hours a day you will have 21 points.
    By the way, that sheet is pretty inaccurate as far as estimating time to get AP goes. As the big red box says, it's missing a lot of sources of AP such as the dropped heroic dungeon boss items that each give about half of the AP of the repeatable daily queue item (can't remember the exact number). In reality you'd get 2-3x as much AP from dungeon farming as it suggests, as well as AP from follower missions.

Also it assumes knowledge stops at 1250% although I really don't understand why someone would make that assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I'm hoping for Gear checks none of these raids where top us guilds can clear on day one.
    Yeah that would be cool. boss with so tight tuning that you need close to BiS gear and to be able to pull 99% of your toons potency and decent rng to meet the dps check...

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    By the way, that sheet is pretty inaccurate as far as estimating time to get AP goes. As the big red box says, it's missing a lot of sources of AP such as the dropped heroic dungeon boss items that each give about half of the AP of the repeatable daily queue item (can't remember the exact number). In reality you'd get 2-3x as much AP from dungeon farming as it suggests, as well as AP from follower missions.

Also it assumes knowledge stops at 1250% although I really don't understand why someone would make that assumption.
    He is not taking into account mythic dungeon tokens but regular heroic dungeons I think which are far lower in power. At 7 knowledge they are worth 300 ap while mythic dungeon tokens are twice as that.
    It is still a good indication in my opinion and he will add more knowledge points when they get confirmed.
    Right now on beta I'm at 22 points and lvl 7 knowledge and I'm not doing anything else than daily world quests and random hc.