Poll: What is the best video game of all time? The best ever made

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Gotta vote wow. I think it's treadmill style gameplay has made it outstay it's welcome for many but I can't really say anything else was ever such a thrill to play.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Game for me isn't on that list but here it is anyway. Phantasy star 1-4 on Master System and Mega Drive. Phantasy Star 4 is the reason alone I love RPGs.

Asking about best video game and then listing "series" as answer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

I feel like posting this on a primarily WoW based forum is likely to give you very skewed results. In addition, it's very difficult to even compare many of the games on your list as they are all over the place. It's also a very highly subjective poll. While many may feel that X game is the best of all time, many others may simply hate it. Personally, I voted for Final Fantasy series, as I have sunk many many hours into nearly all of the Final Fantasy games, including both the online ones.

The more I think about it, it really has to be WoW. No other game has or even could have kept me playing for 11 years straight like it has. I have played other great games. The Legend of Zelda, LoZ A Link to the Past, The Half-Life series, Final Fantasy up to VII, Witcher 3, Need For Speed, etc. but once you finish those games that's it. You may go back a year or two later and play them again but you may not. Yeah, it has to be WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

An audience that was not the target audience of a game kept insisting for the game to get changed until it suited them. Why? Why did they not just move on to a different fucking game if they hated this one so much?
    If the one who said that was talking about WoW, I'd like to know what they think was the original target audience for the game. Since the game at release had NO raids and minimal PvP and was all about questing, exploration, leveling, and otherwise building up a character, wouldn't the target audience be the people who enjoy those aspects of the game? It wasn't about epeen and elitism, those things only started raising their ugly heads during Blackwing Lair as I remember it. It started a little bit after Molten Core was winding down. The elite raider was never the target audience of WoW. It never should be either.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

If i had to choose one it would be wow without a doubt. Been playing since launch and still here today.

multiplayer probably world of warcraft, it was fantastic for ~6 years and remained enjoyable altough somewhat diminished for another 5

single player portal 2 by FAR and it's a huge shame that you dont have it in your list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Needs more X-COM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

just throwing this out there before anyone takes this seriously or takes offense for some reason to results, this is like posting on a mario forum asking what the best game of all time is and expecting any answer other than mari, of course it was going to be WoW.