View Poll Results: What is your opinion of Legion as compared to WoD?

Voters
7. This poll is closed
  • I am impressed with WoD and will be with Legion

0 0%
  • I am impressed with WoD and hope I am with Legion

0 0%
  • I am impressed with WoD and am undecided about Legion

0 0%
  • I am impressed with WoD and am not hopeful about Legion

0 0%
  • I am impressed with WoD and am disappointed with Legion Beta/PTR

0 0%
  • I am neutral with WoD and will be neutral with Legion

0 0%
  • I am unimpressed with WoD and will be impressed with Legion

0 0%
  • I am unimpressed with WoD and hope I am impressed with Legion

2 28.57%
  • I am unimpressed with WoD and am undecided about Legion

0 0%
  • I am unimpressed with WoD and am not hopeful about Legion

1 14.29%
  • I am unimpressed with WoD and am disappointed with Legion Beta/PTR

2 28.57%
  • Other – My option is not shown

2 28.57%

Question Your Take On Legion

After seeing information about the Beta, or possibly experiencing it for yourself with the PTR, what is your opinion about Legion based on what you have seen and/or experienced?

I've been in since Alpha, and I really think this expansion has some potential if blizzard continues to release content. There's so much content already at end game, I just hope they can keep releasing good content throughout the expansion.

Overall in beta I'm having a blast, I have to restrain myself from leveling any more characters up so I have new content to do when live hits.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

I have also played since early Alpha and I must say that while the effort is great, there is very little meaningful content for the majority.

Shocker. Let me explain.

All of the endgame mechanics that are currently in the beta are shameless skinner boxes, except one - Suramar zone. Let's dissect it one by one, at least the more prominent features.

1) World Quests - let me tell you, I felt amazing doing those for a couple of days. But once the rewards became more or less pointless (don't come at me with Titanforged bullshit, I'd rather do something productive with my time than play a slotmachine in a RPG game), there was really no point in running those.

2) Artifact Power - this one is closely tied with point 1, at first, I thought: 'Man, this is gonna be awesome, I can progress my character for so long!'. But It became very apparent very fast that unless you want to raid, and go ham at that, there is ABSOLUTELY zero reason to farm it. Basically you would only be farming it in order to be more efficient at farming more of it. Exceptions apply - top end pvp and top end pve. In any other case you are simply better off putting in work orders for Artifact Research for 2 months, at which point you will be bored of the game anyway and it will be for nothing. Farming first 20 traits is ok. After that, it becomes very demotivating very fast - you get very little for your effort.

3) Running dungeons. So yes, you just dinged 110, AWESOME. Sooo what can I do? Obviously, a lot of people will queue for normal dungeons while progressing in Suramar. This is fine, you need to do maybe 10 or 15 of them before you are good to go heroic through the finder. So you do that, getting from finished leveling ilvl of 790 to 825 heroic gear in about 2 days of 'hey, new game, let's play it' type of play. When doing heroic, you already get hard deja vus, but wait! there's more! After finishing with heroic, you can press 'I' and find a random group to run normal mythic dungeons with. In 825 gear, you won't have trouble clearing it, believe me. And at this point, you start questioning your life choices, since you are now running that Darkheart Thicket or Halls of Valor for the 6th time in 4 days.

4) Suramar. I've said that Suramar was the one bit of hope that I have for Legion. But it's not without its own flaws. The first huge one is the rep gating, which effectively turns into time gating, as you are basically tunneled into doing world quests in Suramar every day, though perhaps the pacing is better now, my character seems to be a bit bugged and cannot complete certain quests in Suramar. I'm fine with running around collecting Ancient Mana, because it's kinda fun and if the server is at least somewhat balanced, a lot of world PvP will happen. World Quests here get repetitive fast though.

Those are the main reasons that I think there is not enough engaging content in Legion. I have obviously skipped some, because it either doesn't matter, as you will be done with it quickly (order hall campaign) or it will apply to a minority (mythic+ dungeons, that cannot be ran for the first couple of weeks anyway) or they are just pure grinds (PvP prestige levels).

The content is obviously there if you really want to play it. But it's the kind of content the developers want you to play over and over and over until you puke. I found there to be very little exploration content (because the zones are so small and so few, Suramar is an exception regarding size).

Rant over.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't hate WoD, I enjoyed what was there though I recognize that there was not as much when compared with previous expansions, and as a result I simply didn't play it as much as I did previous expansions. But what was there was fun. That said, I am waaay more stoked for Legion than I was for WoD. The overall concept of WoD was just 'oh... huh, that's weird.' Legion has got me really pumped, everything about it looks great, and it seems like there's a ton to do between questing, raids, dungeons, and all the class stuff. Stuff looks great so far, very hopeful that Legion will have much more to do.