Prepatch post question

I've seen a lot of people talking about how it was confirmed in a blue post that Demon Hunters and the demon invasion event will not be available at the launch of the Legion prepatch. Does anyone have a link to the blue post discussing this? I've looked for over an hour now and can't find it anywhere.

I can't see any statement myself at the moment, but what I do see is them stating that it will be available before release, with more information on the timing to be released at a future date.
    If they were planning, and confident in them being available from the pre-patch release, then that would be strange wording.
    It appears they are either covering their backsides in the event of it being planned but not working out that way, or that it wasn't the plan at all to be immediate access.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

It was commented on in one of the Thursday Q&A sessions, and the end result was that they don't know yet how long the demon hunter will be available, as different teams have different ideas on that, marketing wants it a bit shorter, devs want it a bit longer, etc.
    Personally, I would bet on *maybe* two weeks, not more.

For the invasion, the entire event probably happens in stages similar to most other pre-events, so it starts with the demon conversion in Stormwind etc, and then the Broken Shore and invasion events come up a bit later, maybe more and more invasions being active as we get closer to the release. They have not said much about the timing of it all though, but this is what history would suggest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphappyhobbit View Post
    I've seen a lot of people talking about how it was confirmed in a blue post that Demon Hunters and the demon invasion event will not be available at the launch of the Legion prepatch. Does anyone have a link to the blue post discussing this? I've looked for over an hour now and can't find it anywhere.
    I'm speaking on just the past at least (It doesn't mean they won't do something different this time around obviously haha) - Most of the time, Blizzard drops the Pre-Patch (this ones called: 7.0 or 7.0.3, because who the hell calls it a name anymore [Windows 10, MacOS 10.12 .. etc etc]) roughly 1 to 2 months ahead of the next expansion. During this time Blizzard usually ramps up events such as the demon invasion from TBC portal, Zombies from Wrath, Taking back the troll islands (I don't know what you filthy ass alliance did back then) from CATA/Elemental invasion, The scenario from dropping a bomb on theramore for MOP, and the Blasted lands Iron Horde invasion for WOD to pretty much the launch of the game where blizzard flips a switch, and quests/zones become available.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're looking for a time table, that VERY LATEST blizzard could possible release the pre-patch (7.0.3) is August 2nd, which gives only 4 weeks for the launch event, getting everything situated in class's before Legion hits on August 30th.

I am GUESSING the patch will hit July 26th, that way we have at least 5 weeks to get used to our newly revamped class's, and all that. But this is me guessing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphappyhobbit View Post
    I have not heard of this mentioned at all. The Legion invasion is part of the pre-patch. As well, the Demon Hunters are meant to be available at least 2 weeks before Legion, as many people pre-purchased the game to get this advantage.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I'm speaking on just the past at least (It doesn't mean they won't do something different this time around obviously haha) - Most of the time, Blizzard drops the Pre-Patch (this ones called: 7.0 or 7.0.3, because who the hell calls it a name anymore [Windows 10, MacOS 10.12 .. etc etc]) roughly 1 to 2 months ahead of the next expansion. During this time Blizzard usually ramps up events such as the demon invasion from TBC portal, Zombies from Wrath, Taking back the troll islands (I don't know what you filthy ass alliance did back then) from CATA/Elemental invasion, The scenario from dropping a bomb on theramore for MOP, and the Blasted lands Iron Horde invasion for WOD to pretty much the launch of the game where blizzard flips a switch, and quests/zones become available.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're looking for a time table, that VERY LATEST blizzard could possible release the pre-patch (7.0.3) is August 2nd, which gives only 4 weeks for the launch event, getting everything situated in class's before Legion hits on August 30th.

I am GUESSING the patch will hit July 26th, that way we have at least 5 weeks to get used to our newly revamped class's, and all that. But this is me guessing
    There was a leak in reddit by someone who apparently has been right before, he said the patch would release July 19th. I'm really hoping it's that day myself, I want to play but I won't sub before the patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodakhun View Post
    There was a leak in reddit by someone who apparently has been right before, he said the patch would release July 19th. I'm really hoping it's that day myself, I want to play but I won't sub before the patch.
    I would KILL to have that day as the 7.0.3!! Just so I can start getting used to all this stuff haha. Blizzard USUALLY gives everyone a HUUUGE big heads up like the one in MOP the whole post explaining the Legendary cloak retirement, and to look forward to the ring in WoD.. but I have only seen like a ghosted blue saying: "Bettah get cho' ring sukka's - shits ripinpeace SOON (TM)" - so I just only know the two week arena/rbg heads up.. other than that - I wish they would just tell us at this point.

I like when Blizzard gives us a BIG time heads up that way we all know we need to really tie our stuff up because it's about to be gone. Anyway, that's just ME.. I know they don't ALWAYS like telling us dates because they could have some big hurdle which takes servers offline for days #TBCPATCHDAYS

I saw an interview, I think it was, swifty's interview, but I could be wrong, they said they will turn dh a week or two into the prepatch, they haven't decided, they are gonna wait and see, apparently it'll be like flipping a switch.

The invasion events I think will be right at the start though.