Some crunch time feedback

Nice, I’m finally back again. And WOW, with the Alpha closing, the Beta opening, release date set, and the movie recently just released, it feels kind of “crunchy” in here, so it’s time for some crunch time feedback.

IMO, I think the real juiciest feedback is the final one at the bottom of this thread…lol. Anyways, let me goes.

------
    Blizz… I really think the red quest name tags lighted up need to go, like this:

Ya…you REALLY have to get rid of it.

It used to be that when I entered a quest area and say my quest objective was to kill a certain gnoll or a certain high elf, I’d use my eyeballs to identify them. For an example, let’s say a quest wanted me to kill “Brute Gnolls”, I would arrive at the quest area and see that one out of the three types of gnoll is wearing a dress, and I’d go “WOW THAT GNOLL IS WEARING A WHITE DRESS!”…”He must be some kind of a caster”. I look and what do you know? It’s a “Mystic Gnoll”, then I’d go on and look around and see another type of gnoll, and this one seems to be “slightly bigger” than the other two with one big shoulder pad, and it’s dual wielding two big looking and intimidating weapons; that’s how I’d know that it’s the “Brute” type…it looks slightly bigger with the visual identifications than the other 2. Then there would be the third type of gnoll, and it looked smaller than the other 2 and underwhelming, no dress, no big shoulder pad, wielding just one weapon, and he just looks smaller in general… and what do you know? he’s just a “Regular Gnoll” based on his name tag. You just know you’re going to try to ignore and try to not agro him carefully while you try to take out the other two. Now what happens with the red quest name tags lighted up? Well, what happens is that the environment gets blended into the background and kinds of become like “blurry” like the new motion blur technology of consoles now a day or whatever it’s call, well not exactly like that, but I’m just trying to make a point here. With the red quest name tags lighted up, you become a fly, and the red name tags become the irresistible ultra violet light that eventually attracts you to your DOOOOMMMM. Why is this so? Why this is so is that the red name tags now become the center of attention, being above the NPC’s head. It draws your gaze, eyeballs, and vision to it like some kind of a super magnet and then everything else becomes the peripheral vision and feels blurred out. Once you enter a quest area, you feel rushed and hurried over to try and kill the “red quest name tags” lighted up. Once the red name tags are all gone, because you’ve killed enough of it to finish the quest, what happens? What happens is you sweat, and you’re taken out of the environment, or rather, out of the World of Warcraft. You really feel the sweat accumulating and coming down the back of your neck due to the pressure of the “red quest name tags” lighted up exerting a pressure on you once they’re gone. You feel this pressure to rush to the next area and kill more red name tags because you feel that is efficient? and you feel like you’re wasting your time in this area of the environment if you linger around even a moment longer because you feel you’re “done with it”, once the red name tags lighted up are gone. Yah, the red name tags really automatically take you out of the environment involuntarily by affecting your psyche or so without yourself wanting to be taken out of the environment in the first place. It just “bloops” and takes you out. Just take a look at this picture of what I mean:

Somehow I go from the ocean back onto the surf board without doing it myself cause the red name tags teleport me on it.

Then what happens after all the red name tags are gone? First the sweat built up on the back of your neck if you think about staying, you feel the pressure, then you zip out of the quest area like a maniac on a horse to go to the next area to kill more red name tags, what did you leave behind? How many logs were there? How many bushes or grass patches were there? How many acorns were there? How many enemy tents were there in the enemy’s camp? Were the camp fires by the tents lighted up with fire or were they extinguished? Were there enemies standing by the tents, one or two? and the fire might be lighted up or not? more importantly, was there a TREASURE CHEST in the camp by the tents or so? Maybe close to or guarded by the enemy npcs? What about a cave by the enemy’s camp? Was there a cave? Do you want to go inside the cave to see if there is a silver dragon in there, natural resources like mine nodes or mushroom or herb, or a quest item that starts a quest that you can pick up, or a (hidden) NPC that gives out a quest? In the cave? Again, let me go back to the logs, how many logs were there? Was there a POND or PUDDLE? Or flowers or butterflies? How many trees and rocks or small hills? You don’t know Blizzard, nobody knows because the red name tags lighted up suppress their ability to absorb in the environment and make the world feel big and alive. One of the things that makes the world feel big is that you can see the environment with your eyes balls, it not being in the peripheral vision, and you can absorb it in as you’re in it. With the red name tags lighted up, you zoom into the quest area, rapidly, quickly kill the red name tags, feel pressured not to stay any longer and then zip right out. You couldn’t absorb in anything, try to get the treasure chest, notice a cave and go in, cause you feel pressured by the red name tags lighted up to go to the next area in the name of efficiency? Yes, so you need to get rid of the red name tags in the quest environment so I can absorb in the environment (this includes enemy NPCs wandering around) when I arrive and still lingers around and not feel pressure to be at a different place once I’m done killing enough NPCs for the quest.

These has to go too, I’m srry Blizz, I’m rl srry. Replace with sparkly notification. The sparkle blings doesn’t show up when you’re far away, I think, or it’s less visible until you get closer and so you get to take in and absorb the environment up until then. Aside from that, shiny sparkle contributes to an exciting loot experience in WoW, although it’s not actual loot; it till works the same way and possibly make you look forward to experiencing the actual loot.

Yah, I used to enter a quest area and can clearly identify two types of high elves, along with everything else that is the environment, one wearing a red dress and one wearing a teal or blue dress, now I just see red name tags, and I can’t absorb in anything and feel pressured to rush and zip. Yes, the red name tags lighted up destroy the game. So you have to get rid of it.

------------
    OK, next, it seems as if the 5 pieces tier set was merely a victim of circumstances Blizzard, like Pandas, HOWEVER LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR RIGHT NOW IN CAPITAL AND BOLD THAT THE 8 PIECES TIER SET WILL ALWAYS BE SOOO MUCH BETTER THAN THE 5 PIECES TIER SET NO MATTER WHAT, yes like my bold and caps as I attempt to EMPHASIZE that 8 pieces > 5 pieces. However, this doesn’t mean that the 5 pieces set is completely useless, dead in the water, garbages in the dumbs, irrelevant, and discarded into oblivion for an eternity. It seems as if the 5 pieces tier set does have a place in maximizing WoW’s loot experience. The real enemy, which causes the 5 pieces set to be the victim in this circumstance, is the 4/5 set up or rather, not having a completion bonus for collecting all the pieces. Yes, the collection and being rewarded for completing is exciting to look forward to. So, as long as the 5 pieces have rewards for attaining and completion, like 1-3-5 or 3-5, FIVE BEING HAS TO BE THERE, then the 5 pieces would be good. However, as I said earlier, the 5 pieces has ITS PLACE to maximize WoW’s loot experience. What is the place of the 5 pieces? The place is that it will be of “off-set” out of the more exciting “regular sets” (arhem, 8 pieces). So what do I mean by this? What I mean is 3 out of 4 tier sets will be 8 pieces while 1 out of 4 should be the “off-irregular-set”, be it 5 pieces, 6 pieces, or whatever. So, example: 8 pieces (dungeon set), 8 pieces (first raid tier), 8 pieces (second raid tier), then 5 or 6 pieces (third raid tier or Dungeon set of the next expansion) etc. Yes... this will ensure that the 5 pieces set or 6 pieces set will be the off-set to work along with 3 out of 8 pieces of the 8 pieces tier set being irregular also, being found in a treasure chest, dropped of trash, crafted through profession, or reputation buy, or fished out of a pond or ocean, to keep WoW’s loot experience, specifically the 8 pieces, feel as refreshing as possible without making it feel a bored or bland after a while. So 3 will be 8 pieces and 1 will be 5 pieces or 6 pieces or so, making 4 total in a cycle that continuously repeats. Since the 5 pieces won’t have boots, bracers, and belt, this would probably be a good time to stuff in more tiny sets in there to off-set the missing 3 pieces, like 2 dual wield swords or daggers, a cape and a two hand sword, two rings ya… or like a trinket and a ring or something. However, you can’t always make this too regular or else it’ll feel predictable and like a trope so sometimes the 5 pieces will just be by itself, and there won’t be any tiny set to compliment it.

Next, what the hell is this Blizzard:

OMG…*puts face in both hands and shake both hands and face*…it’s very good that you’ve decided to go back to the class-stereotypical tier gear art Blizz and stay away from environmental themed gear art, YAH STAY AWAY FROM ENVIRONMENTAL THEMED FOR FOREVER YO…they make you feel the bland and start to get you to see the trope instead of the immersion that is. However, based on the warrior Tier 19 tier art, I can tell, the people at the HQ are like “class theme!” “class theme!” “warrior class theme!”…ermm…”what’s warrior class themed yo???” So they just put anything together that they think is warrior class themed without being sure if it’s actually warrior class themed, and we get the warrior T19…just randomness, just something put together that “seems” like it’s warrior class themed but is not warrior class themed lol…at least stereotypically, more expected, and hence immersive.

So what is warrior class themed? What is the theme here? Let’s take a look at some GLOOOOOOOORRRRIOUSSSSSSS and STAR STRIDDLED examples of what is PERFECTLY warrior class themed from the past shall we? Let’s see:

1)

2)

3)

What is warrior class themed here? That….CHA-CHING CHA-CHING…it’s----HERE IT COMES------made out of---METAL!!!!!-----SEE how SIMPLE THAT WAS!?!? What is the stereotype here? The gray or silver or platinum color of metal, especially the third one. I really like the genius of the way the third one shows the stereotypical warrior class theme without straightforward doing it. When you look at T2, at first it looks purple and you’re like how is this warrior stereotypical at all? But you get it right away just a second later after absorbing it in. How is Tier 2 warrior stereotypical? It’s stereotypical because you can tell VERY quickly, once you get pass the purple color, that the base of the armor, the layer AT THE VERY BOTTOM, is made out of metal or steel, you know, gray, stainless, spoon/fork/eating utensil silver, or platinum color. It starts out like this, however, someone got a bucket of purple paint and started painting purple over the gray color of steel. But what happens? What happens is, as they’re painting and painting and painting, and they get to the top of the shoulder pad and helmet, the bladed part, they ran out of paint. So there’s a part of the armor that’s protruding out and remain unpainted, and you can see the stereotypical form of warrior armor, that it’s made out of steel and metal, being gray or silver light. Yah Blizzard, so make all warrior armor now and in the future’s art form seem like it’s made out of steel and metal by making most of it or some of it clearly displaying the stereotypical color of gray, stainless, silver, or platinum of steel and metal. It would be very convenient for me if you did this. Yah thanks.

Next, we get to the Paladin tier armor. Don’t worry Blizzard, don’t worry, you nailed it perfectly with Paladin T19 armor. No complaint from mere here except for a tiny suggestion of a quick swap since there is like 4 recolors (which I’ll mention later). However, for all future Paladin tier gear armor, what is Paladin stereotypical? It seems as if the theme here is: iPhone GLORIOUS. It looks GLORIOUSLY like an iPhone. Specifically, focus on: Gold Plate, Gold Trim, and Priceless Ancient-Looking Archeological-Dig-and-Artifact-Finding Valuable-White-Marbles, and Glorious Looking Protrusion. LOL.

Yes, let’s take a look at some GLORIOUSSSS pass examples of what Blizz ABSOLUTELY GOT RIGHT. Just keep in mind before we go, make: 1st tier: Gold Plate, 2nd tier: Gold Trim + White Marble, 3rd tier: White Marble, 4th tier: Offset-irregular-tier-art-that’s-still-gloriously-stereotypical, 5th: Final raid tier of an expansion should have big (+longer) GLORIOUS PROTRUSION off of the top of shoulder pads and helmet. Let’s take a look:

1) Gold plate

2) Gold Trim + White Marble

3)White Marble

4)Irregular-but-still-Glorious

5)Glorious Protrusion

TBH, I wouldn’t mind if you put some gems in there, like diamonds, sapphires, emeralds, ruby, and what not. I mean if it works, I can’t tell until I actually see some designs on a live iteration of the game.

Yes, stay away from stuff like these:

The Tier 3. Jesus Christ I just want to curl up and die looking at them. I swear to god, the only people who would like these twos would be the insane min-maxing, theorycrafting Mythic Transmoggers, Pure Pvpers, 35-Alt Aholics, or LFR Raiders. I swear to god. Just what in the hell were these? I mean let’s start out with the warrior T3 or “Dreadnaught” as they called them. Just WTF is this shit seriously Blizzard?

I mean, let’s take look at it again:

Literally, it felt as if while someone was raiding Naxxaramas, they took a chisel with them, they went inside the necropolis, used the chisel and chiseled out large chunks of Naxxaramas’s walls and then used the chunks that was the walls to craft into the Dreadnaught Armor. It’s ENVIRONMENTAL THEMED AS HELL. I swear to god Tier 3 is when it probably started to kind of go. Aside from this, pick color that stand out, or standout from the environment and still making sense, and not blend in.

Next, let’s take a look at Paladin T3:

JUST WTF is this? Am I some kind of a Phantom of the Opera with that overly pretentious mask? Jesus Christ man someone kill me. Looking at the Phantom of the Opera mask makes me CRINGEEE so hard. And then after that, what the hell is the protruding from the shoulder and helmet? It looks so small and underwhelming as hell. IDK, maybe the protrusion from the shoulder works, I’m 50/50 and not convinced, but the helmet and its protrusion ruined it. First the helmet looks too separated and not attached to or at least closer to the rest of the armor, as you can see a lot of the neck exposing. OMG man. Small isolated looking helmet is bad. Protrusion from the helmet is not gloriously big enough. IDK…however, I’d consider the color scheme of the rest of this armor, chest piece, leg piece, gray and sapphire gemmed and so on for the 4th irregular-but-still-gloriously stereotypical armor.

Yes, so for stereotypical paladin armor just cycle between the 4: Gold Plate, Gold Trim + White Marble, White Marble, Irregular-but-still-Glorious, and final raid tier of an expansion have glorious protrusion from shoulders and helmet. That’s good. Gold is valuable, money is valuable, iPhone is valuable, so whenever you can just make your armor in WoW looks like each iteration of an iPhone, I mean at least for Paladin and Warrior, LOL. I mean, whenever you can or when it’s applicable. I can’t imagine how it would work for Druids cause Druids wear like green nature bush or whatever.

Oh yes, earlier when I mentioned a slight suggestion to tweak T19 for Paladin, I think you should swap out:

Obviously, there’ll need to be some smaller tweak to make the helmet as glorious as the original planned T19 if this was to go through…and if there was any time left for this…

I noticed that you’re trying hard to make world PvP work with insane stuff like ram ridding, free for all areas etc. Well don’t worry, all you have to do to make world PvP work is to make loot valuable, i.e meaning it’s effective in PvP, I think the planned 10% difference will be adequate, and it looks good…and removal of catch up mechanics…and removal of free and welfare epics from LFR or so…and make blue gear, and pretty much the quest cycle and epic tiers higher than blue gear, takes about 3 months or so to get…thought the quest phase can be a little shorter I suppose… and extend that noob cycle. Armor, or loot, in game is like money in real life, it shows your social class. Once you get enough armor/loot, i.e money, your social class got big, even if yours is not the biggest, owning something higher even if it’s just dungeon set blues just feel nice cause it feels like it’s worth something, and what do you do when you got a lot of money IRL? You feel the pressured to spend it, i.e it’s wasted if you don’t or what’s the point of getting all this money if you don’t spend it? so you feel bad. So what does this mean in game? You feel pressured to “spend” your hard earned armor, and how do you “spend” it? You either do it by 1) showing it off and/or 2) use it. This is where world PvP comes in. You go out into the world to show off your loot to allies and enemies and then kill enemies and stuff in their towns in harassment because you got a lot of “money” and “power” and you feel bad if you don’t try to “spend” them after going through all the trouble of getting them (loot) in the first place. Not me thought, I don’t gank people, unless I was involved with a horde. So basically just make armor valuable by making it look good make it effective in PvP, make it valuable by removing catch up mechanics, removing welfare LFR epics or fast craft, an extend the noob cycle, increase time, maybe through RNG, to get gear, and people will do world PvP automatically. The only thing you can do after making armor valuable to encourage world PvP is to strategically place mid-size towns in the middle of attention, like in the middle of a zone in the world map or so maybe, maybe it’ll work if they’re to the sides of a zone. Put NPCs there who are obscured lore-wise but still feels “middle management man” intimidating in an elite golden dragon frame, and the rest will play itself out. Yah, average people don’t care about performance in 1v1 or min/max skills and knowledge or whatever. They enjoy the horde. Hey, I’m in blues, that guy who is harassing the town, no doubt to show off his phats is decked out in epics, maybe I can team up with 2 or 3 other guys in blues to try to take him out, that’s how the horde or hordes form. Average people don’t care about the pressure to perform in 1v1 skills, they just want to be with a horde and use the horde to alleviate any failures. It feels bad if you get owned in 1v1, but if you get owned in 100vs100, it’s not your fault, the group failed so you feel the responsibility diluted to everyone. It’s more fun this way IMO. No need for rams riding and for FFA. Lol…

So since I feel Blizzard should go 8 pieces, 8 pieces, 8 pieces, 5/6/X pieces, repeat (for raid and dungeon set tier gear), I think the 5/6/x pieces only can be a bit more throw off like it could be environmental themed if the artists are super bored. Maybe 3/4 of 5/6/x can be stereotypical and 1/4 can be environment themed. However, all 8 pieces should be class themed.

Anyways, I think for Warrior, 3 out of the 4 armor sets in a cycle should be grey or silver metal stereotypical themed as described above and the 4th in the cycle should be an off-irregular-set that is also stereotypical but not metal themed, if the artists are bored of drawing metal and making it gray or silver shine like forks over and over again, like T6:

The 4th in the cycle should looks something like that. Or maybe sometimes it could be environment themed too if everyone is very bored lol.
    Well, that’s it for me on and my feedback on what is class stereotypical for Warrior and Paladin as these are the only two I am interested in in WoW. I won’t speak for other classes like Druid cause I don’t play them so I’d just let a druid enthusiasts come here and give feedback on what they want their armor to look like.

Next, for all expansions in the future Blizz, can you make starting out armor from the beginning through the final quest zones as UNDERWHELMING looking as possible? Like, make them look like they’re homemade or something. Just look at the underwhelming examples of the chain and scale mail armor from early Vanilla for inspiration, or even if not, just make them underwhelming and small looking, not glorious looking. Make it so that when I run up to someone at the end of the expansion with my gloriously protruding gold plate trimmed with gems T3 armor of an expansion, their underwhelming and small and dull looking armor will let them be WOWED OUT MAXIMIMALLY by my loot. BWAHAHAHHAHA!!! And really be WoW out by it…yes… I’ll be really happy that I WoW them out after all my efforts to get all my phat lewds, and they’ll feel super WoWed out and AMAZED! so all will be happy.

In fact, emphasize the armor in the noob cycle as being as HOMEMADE as possible because only expensive and high technology and LARGE GIGA factories from first world or developed countries have the man power or capabilities to produce glorious looking non-homemade stuff, like armor from dungeon set, tier 1, tier 2, and tier 3 equivalent of an expansion. Oh yes, these are definitely made in high technology and large expansive factories with AI technologies, industry 4.0, internet-of-things goodness, and stuff. White and green gear from starting quest zones that you buy from noob vendors through final zones should be made at home, or seem like it.

Let’s take a look at some examples of things that can ONLY be made in expensive, expensive, multi-billion dollar factories that are high technology and large and GIGA-like with advance AI technology:

iPhone

YEAH!

2015 Ford Transit

YEAH BABY YEAH!!

2015 Chevrolet Cruze

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!

Google Car

HOW GLORIOUS AND ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY AND NOT HOMEMADE!!!

2015 Audi

WOOOO!!!!

2015 Buick Lacrosse

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!

Yeah, you guys are starting to know what kinds of car I like, despite mentioning BMW in the past, if car makers wanna make lots of money, they better start making all cars from 2017-end time look like these cars yeahh…these are the kinds of cars everyone likes. And avoid stuff that looks like:

Of all the cars companies playing with fire, Toyota has to be the one dangerously playing with the most fire:

…Hey what the hell is this? GMC Forum? Toyota Forum? Ford Forum? I’m giving feedback on a game not customer-to-car manufacturers feedback. This is getting kind of off-topic. Anyways.

Let’s take a look at some underwhelming homemade stuff:

WoW, how underwhelming and homemade.

Also, Bliz, can you make the helmet and shoulder armor as scarce and underwhelming as possible from the starting area to the final quest zones? For every expansion in the future, once you finish the first quest zone, you should get white shoulders and a helm, or so…and they look underwhelming and bland as hell…preferably small and with as little protection visually as possible…and you don’t get any new ones, cause they’re rigged to be scarce. Maybe, you get your first green shoulders 2 quest zones after the first quest zone and the first green or blue helmet in the final quest zone through profession, reward, or maybe you don’t get any helmet period til you dive into the dungeon in the final zones, or something like that, just make them scarce you get the idea. So you start getting green shoulders in the third quest zone and only new helmet in the final zone. LOL. This will only…let people appreciate and be excited at their armor more and be more WoW by it when they get more glorious armor later down the road as the game progresses and maximizes the loot experience…yes…this would be convenient for me.

Also, I just wanted to say, as a person who loves tiny set, like dual wielding two swords weapon set by warrior and rogue, or daggers, it is inconvenient for me as a ret pally since I can’t dual wield. So, can you make it so the ret paladin have the equivalent of 2 sword or dagger tiny set? Make it so it’s a CAPE + Two-hand sword or a Ring + Two-hand sword or Neck + two hand sword. I saw that cape was made part of a 6/6 set…IDK…I don’t think this is a good idea since capes aren’t part of the main armor covering. It doesn’t make much sense, or it’s less immersive, and less convincing or exciting. Cape as part of the big set makes it feel trope-like instead of immersive probably, kind of like a 16/16 set probably. You see the trope with a 16/16 set. You should save and pair cape with 2/2 or 3/3 tiny sets or something. Cape + Neck + Two-hand sword or Cape + Two-hand swords only. Nice!

--------
    Next, Blizz, this is a huge and an important one. You need to make sure that you make the WORLD---BIG. As big as at least Vanilla was. Let’s see what makes the world big? There’s two components to making the world BIG:

1) People have an excuse to move around in the world so they end up LOOKING at the environment with their eyeballs and absorb it in.
    2)There are more “stuff” and “things” in it, or just “more”, and less stuff removed.

I honestly did not make this game and put it together as you guys were the one who made its DNA so you know what “stuffs” and “things” you put in to make the world big and immersive. Let’s see, let me use some examples so you would remember what stuffs and things you put in the game initially to make the world has more “stuffs” and hence big:

1) Elite patrolling in the Barren, NELF start out area, Arathi Highland.

2) More than one entrance to a dungeon (more entrance = more stuff = BIG WORLD; LOL)

3) MORE NPC littered around in dungeons/raids involved with quests or not and giving you quests. Those neutral dwarves in Uldaman holed up behind some barricade, what the hell were those? Those neutral prisoners in BRD, what the hell were those? Those neutral night elves in Diremaul, what the hell were THOSE? And they were made to be so they immerse you in the world instead of making you see the trope. Like, they had a characteristic to them that make the environment feel alive and give themselves an identity. Like, NPCs at the beginning as you first walk in that is just conveniently standing there, and everything just there at the entrance, giving you a quest or 2 or 4 every time in every instance/dungeon/raid? That’s making you see the trope instead of immersing you like prisoners, barricaded dwarves, and neutral elves in Dire Maul. Obviously they can’t just be along some linear path in rigged linear, small, underwhelming dungeons that you always encounter.

4)Quest items filling up your bags. Quest items showing up in your bag = more stuff in game = BIG WORLD; LOL! But seriously, removing quest items being placed into your bags just make the world smaller and less immersive, despite it serving the transmoggers. Sometime or I feel like every time I head back to turn in a quest, I like to open my bags during the way and look at the raptor heads or tiger paws and mouse over them so I can see the “quest items” labeled as some kind of a hunting trophy. This kinds of add to an exciting loot experience. It also helps players to establish memories about the game world, aside from making the game world feel bigger. When a person sits there and not playing, if they are able to remember that they opened their bags to look at their hunting trophies, i.e quest items, that is the raptor heads or lion’s paws, that memory will make them feel enthuse to log in again. Honestly, the only thing exciting about bag space is keeping them empty. That’s right, the more empty bag spaces you see, the more fun it is. The primary goal is to keep your bag space as empty and see as many empty and not filled squares as possible so you can fill them up with stuff like natural resources, greens and white or gray to be vendored or auctioned later, and quest items. That’s the point of bag space, it’s fun to TRY and keep them as empty as possible. It’s like a resource you have. It defeats the purpose if you just fill it up with useless garbage like transmog stuff. See nobody get transmoggers because they want to do the opposite of what you do by filling their bag space up with junk instead of trying to keep them as empty as possible, so you can fill them up with legitimate stuff. So, primary: keep as many bag space empty as possible at all time so you can see many empty squares, seeing the empty squares is fun, secondary: fill the empty squares up with vendorable stuff and natural resources and QUEST ITEMS and try to vendor those stuff ASAP to make your bag space empty again for more stuff later to repeat the cycle. The mini game is to keep empty bag spaces so you can have more room for stuff that you collect so you can sell so you can return to empty bag spaces again and keep them as empty as possible at all time. LOL. Not permanently occupy them with useless stuff like transmog green or min max gear. I’m glad you’re going back to just primary BiS tier set so there’s no min max gear.

Adding on to this, I really, REALLY, think you should remove all automated LFG (or is it called Dungeon Finder tool?) matchmaking features that automatically puts you in a party of 5 for dungeons and then TP you INTO the dungeon afterward, skipping so much landscape between where you are currently and where the instance entrance is (hello small world feeling and not feeling motivated to log in while sitting there and not playing because I can’t remember the environments that I would’ve seen while traveling to a specific instance entrance and a feeling of less opportunities to run up and show off ur loot to people traveling in the world), specifically dungeons in this case since you use the Group Finder to find parties for raids so I don’t have to complain about raid. That one is good. I think you should remove the automatic LFG match making system, and let players use the Group Finder find party for dungeons too, JUST LIKE RAID, yes…whether if my suggestion about recruitment boards are used, and players goes to the region where the dungeon is located to use the recruitment board to find a party for the dungeon or use a different recruitment board many regions away to find a party and then fly or use a portal or TP there afterward, or if there is no recruitment board, and it’s just the same old same old Ipad + Wifi tab of the Group Finder currently on live (which I hope not LULZ), this will make the world feel bigger and more exciting cause it’ll let players have a feel for who’s out there trying to put a party together to do something or letting players start a group and search for others in the world, it’ll up the social aspect and make the game world feel real and big, letting people feel the people “out there” and letting them interact with each other like that. Not using the Group Finder to find groups for DUNGEONS TOO and not just raid will just make things feel automated like quest items not showing up in your many many many empty squares bag space and hence making the world feel smaller and not too exciting to experience. Yah…so plz Blizz, of all the suggestions I give, I think this is quite an important one, let players use the Group Finder to find group for not only raids….but also DUNGEONS TO!!! Hardly not much will change, where before it’s insta find by the computer, now you’ll use the Group Finder and have like 15 million people available, but it’ll still be just as fast so nothing much will have changed except the world, and hence game, will feel much more sociable and MUCH MUCH BIGGER…cause of the people “out there” feeling, YA!...thx Blizz.

5) Going to vendors to buy stuff. Going to a vendor to buy stuff (a vendor) = more stuff in game = BIG WORLD; LOL! I’m aiming at the PvP change here where you just get a box that randomly give you loot, and you remove the vendor. Remove going to vendor to buy stuff (remove vendor) = less stuff in game = small world. LOL! Plus going around will let you see the environment with your eyeballs and absorb it in and also make the world feel big and hence immersive and less trope-like. So the vendor and the environment makes the world feel big. Maybe have a few vendors, like 3, at different places selling the same stuff or so. I mean nothing much will have changed. I understand and agree completely with making loot RNG from a strongbox that you get after a BG. This will ensure that PVP loot aren’t easier to get than PvE loot. So what you should do is, keep everything now with the strongbox that gives RNG loot, except when you win a BG, you get something called a “supply voucher” or “ration ticket” or “ration voucher”…(presumately your superior officer or quartermaster clerk or supply squire gives the voucher/ticket to you after you win a BG as part of the fantasy)…and you take the voucher/ticket to an NPC and then you buy a strongbox from the NPC which then will give you loot by RNG when you open. Maybe the strongbox can also give you some useless gray, white, natural resources, or whatever, food, drinks, the more stuff you get the more exciting lol…since u know, it’s call a ration/supply ticket/voucher. If you’re lucky, aside from the regular stuffs (gray, white, natural resrouces, bandages, food, etc), you get some premium, from-the-blacksmith-shop equipment. So add the vendor back in, add in ticket/voucher you get when you win or lose a bg or whatever, have the vendor sell you the strongbox when you trade in the ticket/voucher. This will make the world feel big cause the vendor is not removed and is in the game, and people have an excuse to move around and absorb in the environment as they go to trade in their voucher/ticket for a dance of eye-melting loots.

Also, an add-on to this part of making the world big (regarding PVP vendor), this one is going to be about an exciting loot experience. Bliz, do you remember what I said about an exciting loot experience from boss kills? What did I say in a thread past? What I said was, when you kill a boss, he drops “a lot of loot” when you loot his corpse and open a window FULL of loot. You go “WOW SO MUCH LOOT!” even if nothing drops for you. That’s an exciting loot experience. You kill a boss, he drops a lot of loot, it just makes sense, it just clicks, it’s immersive and part of the fantasy. You don’t question or notice anything wrong with killing a boss, and he dropping a lot of loot. It. Just. Makes. Sense. Lol. That’s the identity of the PVE environment. Anyways, you somehow managed to recreated this exciting loot experience in the PvP environment in the past, but not mimicking it so it seems exactly like the PvE environment, and trope-like. You manage to retain the exciting loot experience for PvP but also gave it an identity of its own. What did you do? What is the fantasy when it comes to an exciting loot experience in PvP? The fantasy is you going to an ARMORY. RIGHT? Remember that scene in Warcraft(2016) where King Llane, Lothar, Medivh, and some guards were standing around a table in the basement of Stormwind’s Castle, and there’s a huge armory in the background with helmets, shields, swords, pikes, etc all nice and neatly lined up? That’s what it felt like in prior expansions when you go to a PvP vendor, they kind of “open you” to the armory, and you see ALL THESE LOOT! This is when the vendor menu opens, and you see lists after lists of loot. Do you see something familiar? It’s similar to the list of loot that’s dropped by PvE boss! So for PvE, the boss drops a window full loot, and for PvP, a vendor opens a window, big, full of loot, i.e “the armory”…so what’s overlapping here? a window full of loot! The exciting loot experience except with their own identity for the particular context! Furthermore, what’s the difference between going to the PvP vendor, opening up a window full of loot, and seeing three different boots, despite slight variation in stats, and going to a Macy? Not much! Have you ever gone to Macy and go to the girl boot or shoes section? You see many boots right? All the different boots really immerse you and excite your shopping experience doesn’t it? Cause there’s so many different boots! Well, that’s what it feels like when you talk to the PvP vendor and open the window full of loot and see three different boots. It’s nice and immersive and an exciting loot (i.e shopping) experience like that. See, this is kind of like the character stat panel situation all over again. The Mythic Raider and/or Pure PvPer, they like the loot vendor because they know how to min/max so they want to buy the exact +43 or +63 numbers etc so they can min/max, they don’t see the big world, the fantasy, the exciting loot experience, the exciting shopping experience, none of this matter to them, their interest is purely in buying the number and min/maxing and “gameplay”. However, for an average player like me, I do not understand the min/max and do not care to buy the numbers, I care about the big world experience, the immersive factor, like going to an armory, talking to the quarter master, seeing a huge window of loot opens, feel that exciting loot experience, a nice shopping experience. It just seems to OVERLLAP. Yet, again. So, what I suggest from here is have TWO versions of the PvP loot experience for alternating expansions. The first form is what is described earlier with the Supply Ticket, Supply Voucher, or Ration Ticket to go to a vendor to buy a supply crate or strongbox and get loot via RNG. The second form, for a different experience perhaps, is to bring back the huge window full off loot when you talk to a PvP vendor and open up the shop, i.e (the armory), and have a currency called “recommendation” or “recommendation points” that lets you buy the loot in the PvP vendor’s window once you accumulate enough. How do you get “recommendation” or “recommendation points”? similar to the ticket voucher earlier, when you win a BG, instead of getting a Supply Ticket, Supply Voucher, or Ration Ticket, what you should get is, by RNG, one out of a possible of three or four rewards called “Recommendation Letter”, i.e, small recommendation letter, medium recommendation letter, BIG recommendation letter, HUGE recommendation letter. Once you get these letters, perhaps one for each BG win or match, you right click to “harvest” or “gain” the recommendation points from the specific recommendation letter which you were rewarded (assumed from your unseen superior officer by the fantasy as the battle ends just as the score point pops up). Obviously the small recommendation will be common. It is all by RNG, if you get a HUGE recommendation letter, that’s a lot of points you gained once you right click, and you can use all these points to buy a big piece of purple PvP gear (or even huger gear). So getting a BIG or HUGE recommendation letter would be equal to getting an epic or legendary item out of a strong box yes. Both form would be the same, retain the RNG factor to make PvP loot the same effort to get as PVE gear but retaining the big world, exciting loot experience, immersion, and that fun experience of going shopping, like at a Macy. Yes. Cause alternative to this, right now planned, all you got is a small world RNG strongbox after you win a BG, it feels VERY VERY trope like, there’s no vendor, not loot experience, no shopping experience, no armory experience. You just see the trope instead of experiencing the immersion as you play the game. Nothing. It’s a dead game with no soul. Yes, so plz consider my suggestion about using both of them. Thx! How would the vendor with loot listed work if there’s BiS gear now? i.e how can you see three different boots? just do the ultimate and penultimate set + a blue set. The blue set and penultimate set would require less recommendation points to get, but they’re not BiS, the ultimate set is the BiS. The penultimate and blue set doesn’t need some unique or flashy design that takes a long time to create, just put in some obscure past model that’s recolored, or do something like the unique LFR set. The plate LFR set can be shared by all the plate wearers, the LFR cloth and leather set can be shared by all the cloth and leather wearer, so three different set serve 10 class, save time from designing too much. IMO I think you should remove LFR and divert these LFR design into these spots (of penultimate PvE or PvP loot). I mean even if the blue and penultimate set was not in and the BiS set is there only with just 1 boot, that’s still an exciting loot experience cause you get to see a window FULL of loot when you talk to a vendor and open that loot window.

6) Ghost world. Yes, this one is a super important one. Have the ghost world = more stuff in game = Big World. LOL! Remove the ghost world = less stuff = small world! It is very important that people are able to absorb in the environment so that when they’re sitting there and not playing, they remember something about the game/environment so they want to log on again. Like for an example, a guy can sit there and he can go “WoW, I remember the black and white color of the spirit world and especially the ghostly singing of a girl (when I was running back to the instance to get my corpse) let me log on and collect some herbs now”. See, people sit there and they remember the black and white of the ghost world, and then they want to log on again to play. Obviously, this isn’t Vanilla or TBC so long runs might be too unbearable, so kind of like reduce the running to entrance, 1 minute to entrance after flight or NPC portal or teleport whatever. Long distant should be portal or teleport, medium distant to smaller should be flight. The time it takes to go from landing/arrival by flight, portal, teleport, etc to the entrance of a dungeon/raid should be equal to the time it takes to go from here to UBRS entrance:

Compared to the landing(from flight)/arrival(from TP/Portal)--->entrance time, the ghost world run should be that cut by half. Ghost run to instance should be 30 second…or maybe 20 second to be honest. 20 second is probably best. Because right now, my immersion feels VERY VERY VERY disturbed when I just popped back to the beginning of the instance after releasing from a boss wipe without ghost running my body and seeing the black and white and mist evaporating from my character’s soul and a lady chanting in the background. I bet the decision to cut out the ghost world from instance body run was due to mythic raiders or pure pvper. I swear to god, they’ve spent the last 10 years trying to prune the world, and it became pretty pruned alright. If things had progress more this game will eventually turn into Final Fantasy 14 where you spawn right in front of the boss, then eventually the game will become this:

Yes, the black area is what used to be trees and environment and stuff and things. I was going to originally add a loot vendor or a mailbox that the Mythic Raiders can just go to and buy all their epic loot instantly or get mail-me-epics for the Mythic Raider’s world, skipping the RNG boss drop entirely that’s making their life inconvenient or annoying, so they can have an easier time min/maxing their stats without worry, but then I thought, why need these? Just convert all the loot into 5 extra buttons, more mechanics or number, since they’ll just transmog and do not understand the loot experience. Mythic raiders will prune and prune until there’s nothing left but “maximum gameplay”. It wouldn’t matter to them if WoW was just a smaller dot fighting a bigger dot, and it’s just black and white. None of it matter to them as long as there’s “maximum gameplay”. I swear to god, Blizz, I walk into a store to buy a game not gameplay OK? At least that’s what I feel the average people do anyways, so a mixed of good enough gameplay that stimulate the mind, maybe attention to mechanics and easy rotation, but not soo much that burn the mind or make things into a mental treadmill, and also more cinematics, just being able to take in the environment and improved graphics, both rendered in real time, and not necessary cutscenes, cutscenes, cutscenes 24/7, that’s Hollywood i.e not rendered in real time; don’t believe the “improved graphics doesn’t matter, just gameplay” hype, and immersive factors, not just pure “max gameplay” alone which make you see the trope of gameplay and suppresses your ability to feel the immersion factors like notice the environment. I need the tree and stuff, ghost world, lady singing, mist evaporating off of your character’s ghost. So if you have to, in the right context, reduce but not remove, and don’t reduce at the expense of making the world smaller. Run time to instance = 1 minute after flight/portal/teleport etc; ghost run = 20 seconds. So bring back ghost world running, but reduce it to 20 seconds when you wipe in instances. Cut and paste graveyard or just pick some spawn point for the character’s soul that’s 20 seconds from the entrance without graveyard to cut out more work from creating graveyard art. I swear it’s the same for Pure PvPer, if they have their ways, they’ll prune the game into oblivion, just look at that picture again and replace the “Mythic Boss Room X” with “Arena Room X”. And don’t think it would end with these two either, the LFR Raiders and 50 Alt-a-holic will want you to prune in the name of QoL until there’s nothing left too but blackness. Just look at that picture, remove the corridor leading to the “TP Pad” room for the LFR Raiders and 35 Alt-a-holic. So the LFR Raider and 60-Atl-a-holic will log in, get the mail-in-epic or buy-me-purples from the vendor, and that’s it sooo much QoL, they’ll log out after ward or go onto the forum to complain about “lack of content” that they asked you to prune down into exact that room, every content and their form, into that maximum QoL room. WoW isn’t real life with technology and efficiency. It’s people wearing 2 tons armor running around and hence getting ripped 6 packs, nice legs, big round gluts, riding horses, and using camp fire instead of electricity and microwave or oven so enough with game destroying QoL.

(Ok, enough with this mini side rant for now).

IMO, the run time to instances entrance and ghost world body run should be roughly around the start here:

Yeah…this will help extend the noob cycle adequately…but more important, to let people absorb in the environment and give them that feeling of a big world…yeah…so they can remember something while not playing and log in again when sitting there. Like WOW! Do you see HOW MUCH environment the players walk, run, or travel through on their epic horses as they tried to go from when they land by flight, arrive via TP or portal, and run to the instance entrance? Sooo much environment was absorbed in. Medium – long distance should be a TP or portal and small – medium distant should arrive via flight maybe, and then the 1 minute walk/run/mount ride begins!

7) Hero’s Blood – what the hell was that? It was just something in the environment I interacted with. It’s probably attunement ya, attunement is stuff in the game so it’s big world factor like Hero’s blood, also being stuff in game.

8) Quel’serrar quests/Dungeon Set 0.5 quests/Pristine Hide of the Beast – what the hell were these? Some epic quests that existed in the world hence making the world big that either needed RNG to start or RNG to finish. Hide of the Beast and Quel’serrar took RNG to drop, so to start. Dungeon Set 0.5 quests needed RNG to finish, as in you needed to roll the dice and hope that the group you pugged with and got in was strong enough to help you finish some quests like that Stratholme one to rescue someone on time. Yeah…so just more epic quests to get phat loot that require insane RNG to start or finish…which in turn result in insane replayability too. Yes…insane RNG to start or finish…yes…insane…RNG…insane. Replayability. Slot machines in Las Vegas has insane replayability.

Anyways, I’m not saying to bring everything back or bring them back as 100% carbon copies, my whole interested here is to describe what made the world feel big. There was either an excuse that made you move around in the world and made you look at the world and absorb in the environment or it has a lot of “stuff” and “things”, like buying stuff at vendor, ghost world running to instance, epic quests to get HUGE LOOT (that involve RNG), patrolling elites, more than one entrance to instances, neutral NPC littered around in instances, some big and immersive instances environment that were not linear of obvious boss room and hall ways, storing quest item in your bags, stuff with attunement, some stuff on top of a mountain. BIG WORLD.

Honestly, people say “oh, I hate the Sunken Temple, I get lost” or “Oh, I hate LBRS, I get lost”…but they didn’t factor in the Group Finder. If the Group Finder had existed, with more handicap stuff like 1 min to entrance after TP, portal, or flight or etc and 20 seconds body ghost world run to instances and significantly reduced trash spawn but still spawning in very small 1 – 2 packs and wont spawn again til these small packs are kill, they’d likely end up doing these instances 100 times? 500 times? 1000 times? How many times does it take for someone to get familiar with a place even thought it’s big like Sunken Temple or LBRS? Obviously spamming /2 on a server with 4000 players and longer run to entrance or corpse runs or ridiculous trash spawn reduced the amount of attempts so you feel getting lost was “always”…but I cannot for the love my brain understand why these people, when they complain about getting lost, they never made the disclaimer “but IDK if it would be the same if the Group Finder had existed with the good amount of nerf (mentioned above) in Legion time, and I end up doing the instance 500 times…if I’d still get lost”. They complain about hating big instances in Legion
    time as if the Group Finder doesn’t exist with its nerf, and they’ll just do it a max 4 time.

Yes, so I just wanted to described some of the things that made the world feel bigger, so you can factor that into design of future expansion and not leave everything out. However, I really think ghost running to instance after wipe needs to be bring back as well as buying stuff from vendor. Reduce where necessary and in the right context but not remove at the cost of making the world smaller, again.

-----------------
    Finally,

We get to the most important and exciting part of this feedback thread, the part I’m looking forward most too. Yes, this part involves making the world feel big again (I have to say, people on the forum has been getting it wrong lately. It’s not “make WoW great again”; it should be “Make WoW BIG again”…as in BIG WORLD), and it has to do with the easy quest marker. I was watching some alpha footage of someone playing and questing maybe about a month ago (and spoil things for myself a little, did this happen when I was 13 before buying Vanilla? No), and I noticed that the easy quest marker is still in the game. Along with J. Allen Brack’s comment about speeding up leveling, I can sense, there’s a feeling of fear in both J. Allen Brack’s and Ion Hazzikostas’ eye kind of like:

When it comes to removing the easy quest marker from the game. Everyone is fearing something called “Sudden Players Unsubscribed Syndrome” (SPUS, abbreviated for laughs), where the fear is players suddenly unsubscribing, in the millions, just because the easy quest marker is not IN the game, and I can understand. I understand the reason behind this fear, it’s very rational. Perhaps designers fear that 10+ years in, players might feel TOO overwhelmed if the quest marker is removed, like a tsunami of “too much work” perhaps, and then they outright stop playing and unsubscribe, in the millions. Yes, it’s a rational fear, and I don’t think anything I can say for reassurance, for an example like say if I was to say “Players will continue to play and quest and use websites, without easy quest marker, because you can depend on them getting “hungry” again after logging off from a previous session, so you can depend on starvation for players to continue to play even if the quest marker is removed”, will give 100% confidence and remove the fear so the easy quest markers can be removed from the game. To counter that scenario, someone else can just say even if players do get hungry again, I fear that it might still feel TOO overwhelming and that’ll over power the hunger. Yes, I get it. I get this very rational fear.

My beef with the easy quest marker is that it makes the world feel smaller because it prevents players from absorbing in the environment. When they go around in the world, they look at or feel pressured to look at the world map constantly, and the actual environment goes into the peripheral vision. They can’t absorb it in, be immersed, and they rob themselves of being able to remember something about the game when they’re not playing so they can say I am going to log in again. This inability to absorb in the world’s environment added with a chory feeling, and hence a linear COD-like and less immersive feeling of being in the world, of a to do list of 1 and 2 labeled on the world map can be detrimental to the motivation to log in and play since players feel pressured to move around constantly to be efficient and forego stuff like, hey maybe I should go into that cave to see if there is a silver dragon or else in there, as well as making things like the Nessingwary quest line feels like a chore so makes you hate it and want it remove, so chory, made chory cause of 2 seconds NPC rapid kills and 1 and 2 list marked on the map, COD-like linear feeling combined with less immersion is the danger, but removing the easy quest marker gives you the other dagger of “SPUS” LOL!

I really think you should bring Nessingwary quest line back maybe once every 2 expansions or when it makes sense, along with its camping fantasy that you probably don’t have to do much about. If finishing the quest line feels more rewarding because it feels less like a chore, rapidly killing and following markers on the map, with fleeting reward, and you feel more immersed and absorbing in the environment then the quest will be liked much more. If the quest line is slowed down so it’s made to feel longer so it’s finished in more sittings, maybe 2 or 3, and you get something huge at the end that lasts a while, maybe last 2 quest zones? to make the reward feels valuable and well-earned then this quest line will be good again. It’ll feel less like a chore and linear and more like steady progress. When you log off and on for multiple sessions to finish the quest line, it’ll feel like you slept in the tent they set up lol, since that’s prolly where you’ll usually log off when you’re trying to finish the quest line. If this quest became unpopular, it was probably because it was made to feel linear and chory due to how fast you kill NPC now and how relentlessly you move around the map and not looking at the environment in the name of efficiency, then it feels tiring, and the quest line doesn’t seem like it’s being steadily progressed in the background or so maybe while you’re doing other quests.

…and I have to say, you walk into a MMORPG like WoW with the mindset that it’s a MMORPG…for a game like CoD, your mind might be set for things to be more cinematic, like watching Bands of Brother or Saving Private Ryan so you’d want it to be more cinematic and hence expect or accept its linear form and maybe less like a Mass Effect RPG. I hope the new CoD Infinite Warfare will do well or adjust accordingly for the future. They keep saying RIP COD At E3 streams when BF1 comes on lol.

Anyways, so what is the solution regarding the easy quest marker? This is the part I am excited about. This next suggestion is like one of Tim’s Cook presentation about a certain iPhone feature like 3D Touch or Night Shift or Touch ID or Apple Pay that makes people want to buy a new iPhone. The solution is a hybrid solution of what I like and the easy quest marker merged into one thing. What I liked about using a website is (after you give up on your own initially, whether right away or after some attempts first of exploring and reading the directions from quest texts) after minimizing the game, you learn where the objective is but when you maximize, the immersive world comes back, the map is not marked, so when you move around, you can absorb in the world more, since it’s not in the peripheral vision, since there’s no easy quest marker to pressure you into always having the map open as much as possible with the rapid tabbing of M, only minimizing the map to see if your mount is stuck. So, website = no marked map = no distraction. Next, the easy quest marker is pretty much “always on” by default since turning it off is inefficient. In the middle, where the merg is, is laziness. Usually, you attempt to do the quest yourself through exploration and reading the quest text for direction because you’re lazy and don’t want to go to a website right away. You give up THEN you go to the website, so laziness is key. So what happens? What happens is that you merge the website and the easy quest marker into one button called “Quest Help” that marks thing on the world map for 10 seconds and then the easy quest markers disappear afterward. However, the “Quest Help” button is on demand, and you can always press it anytime you want to, and the markers will appear every time you hit it and disappear 10 second afterward. Obviously, if the players want it to be “always on” then they have to keep pressing it every 10 seconds, which they won’t because they’re insanely lazy, I’m describing myself. The most likely thing that will happen is that they will press it once for the quest they are interested in, the marker will show up on the map, they furiously try to memorize the spot, if they keep the map open, the quest markers will disappear after 10 seconds, and then they have to press the “Quest Help” button again, constantly, which they won’t because it’s nauseating and requires too much work. So, what will happen is, they will try very hard to remember it the first time, probably close the map afterward, when they open the map again to see if they’re on the right road, the markers won’t be there, they’re too lazy to press “Quest Help” again, so they just close the map most of the time, and they will run and look the road, the environment, maybe there’s a Satyr by the tree, they’ll notice those…and oh man will they absorb in the environment. Before, it’s rapidly opening the map and looking at the markers and move, closing the map only to make sure you are not stuck and then rapidly opening the map again. Now, it will be rapidly opening the map to make sure you’re on the road or in the correct direction, sees a naked map with no markers, close the map and spend the rest of the time absorbing in the environment! Despite still checking the map to see if you’re on the right road or going in the right direction, the environment now moves from the peripheral vision or from the back of the mind now to main focus or to the front of the mind. Before when the markers are always on, the environment goes to the peripheral vision and to the back of the mind. I’m really excited
    of this suggestion, it’s really like one of those announcement about an iPhone feature that makes u want to buy it lol.

Well, there’s just two more extra things I want to say about this. When someone press “Quest Help”, not all the 1 and 2 and ? etc should show up right away, it should show up in order of a “loading fashion”. You know how the load bar goes from left to right really fast? Imagine the beginning of the load bar is “1”, the middle of the load bar is “2”, ¾ of the load bar is “3”, and the ending of the load bar is a “?” or whatever. When “Quest Help” is pressed, 1 should show up first then 2 follow, then 3, then any other markers like “?” afterward. It shouldn’t be simultaneously instant. One after another. The second thing I wanted to say about this, you should add in some kind of a fluff to it, like this is optional and is just discussed just for fun. Like make it seems like a sonar graphics that a dolphin would probably see in its head. Well, dolphin don’t see graphics when they use sonar. It’ll probably be like what we’d see in a submarine when the sonar ping on the display:

This is complimented with the pinging sound you hear in the movie “The Martian”(or something like it)…yes, when players hit the “Quest Help” button, the sonar graphics will scan the specific region of the world map that you’re in in a purple or pink sweeping color instead of green and you hear a pinging sound, and the markers show up for 10 or 15 seconds in a loading order and not simultaneously. The markers pop up in a lagging and “loading” fashion of “1” first and then the final markings about 1.5 second later instead of simultaneously all at once to help prevent spamming of the button so players will have great opportunity to absorb in the environment the whole time. Yeah, 1.5 second lag between the first quest help marker on the world map showing up after hitting the “quest help” button and the last marker show up isn’t much, but I think that 1 - 1.5 second will be enough to cause some dread and prevents spamming. There’ll not be much harm beyond this since the quest help button is there and is on demand, and the quest help markers will always show up whenever needed and the button press and called for. However, this stuff about the probably unnecessary and excessive extra sonar radar graphics and ping sound that has to be created for this new improved quest helper feature is just fluff talk just for fun.

---------------------------
    WoW! Finally, we get to the end of the “Crunch Time Feedback” thread. This was all kind of like tweaking feedback, like putting the oils on all the knobs and between smaller gears to make sure they run smoothly, or aligning all the smaller gears between all the bigger gears to make sure the machine is as tuned and as optimized as possible for da future, and possibly even currently for Legion if anything is taken into consideration……These are getting harder and harder and longer and longer to write. But it’s OK, I feel we’ve reach the end of the road. This is Intel’s 5nm processor, where it takes longer and longer to make up to then and the tick-tock cycle is ruined and also the end of the road for general computing (thought I have to say if “general computing” means real life graphics in real time rendering in video games then that is INSANE for “general” around 2021-2023?). Things are starting to plateau. TBH, I’m satisfied with all my feedback at this point. If I was to get abducted by an alien UFO tomorrow while walking or driving home, I’m satisfied with all the feedback I made to WoW, and nothing is left unsaid. It’s pretty thorough. Ya…

…I have to say, anything can happen for Legion and forward, it could jump up to 15 mil right away again and fast, jump to 30 mil, it could jump back to 15 million but slowly overtime like in a span of 5 to 10 or so years, or it could do nothing, a lot of things and scenarios can happen, and you’ll just have to wait and see the data to see what happens. However, one of the thing I would just like to say is that to look for the possible scenario of the game being at least rigged to capture the “maximum minimum” number of players or subscribers for all time, compared to like WoD’s form, whose maximum is like 30,000 players IMO LOL. So possibly from now on til the end time, maybe it will only stabilize that 500K, which was what was originally aimed for in 2004, or maybe it will stabilize at 2 million or 3 million subscribers, these three numbers being the “maximum minimum”. It’s not bad, you’re still making bank with a stable 500k, or 2 million, or 3 million subscribers lol. I’m just wary of this scenario because players all got do what they had a hard time doing in WoD, which was raid a lot and “got to the end”, despite not really if they quit at the end of BRF or beginning of HFC, and see the loot experience…and they might not feel so compelled to purchase again, and the cyclical cycle might seem like it might not repeat and hence break. Part of the reason why the cyclical cycle happens I think is because players were distracted, they never raided easily, and they keep after the loot experience without completely being aware of how the game was changing around them as expansions went by. Since they never got to experience both satisfyingly, the raiding but mainly looting experience, and never managed to “reach the end”, with Vanilla starting out this trend where everyone ended at Dungeon Set while trying to get into MC-Nax and seeing mythic raiders with phat, and they kept going for that loot experience themselves, so that kept the cycle going up to WoD, just trying to raid, trying to relive the experience of exciting loot, and trying to get the biggest phat you can. But now they were able to reach “the end” of the loot experience, and they were able to raid, they might not chase after that loot experience this time or in a bigger number, kind of like similar trends, but not related at all or connect in anyways lol, in the slowdown of iPhone sales and computer sales recently. In a business, but dirty sense, WoW might do better business if the Group Finder was NEVER released even if developers know about it and what its capabilities would allow players to do because this will cause subs to plummet (but I feel this is due to design and game forms up to then not the Group Finder itself). Players will still be perpetually distracted by trying to complete the raiding and looting experience and hence the cyclical nature will go on indefinitely, ensuring a good amount of sub money coming in. However, this is unethical, if you know about the GF and DON’T RELEASE IT, IMO since art content that takes much to create is not being seen and players not being able to enjoy and be entertained and get great value for the money they spent and plus the rot of the game wouldn’t have been identified and exposed and maybe who knows what else that could’ve still caused an explosion or explosions anyways, like PvP, that would have still caused sub plummeting but perhaps still a slower death. It all came together at the wrong time and in the ugliest alignment. Maybe the game could’ve done well, with sub retained and not dropping so fast or at all, if the Group Finder had existed but the game was in much better form, bigger world, exciting loot experience, appealing and easier to form interact with, and immersive. Anyways, it was not a coincidence that I came and complained furiously at the exact same time the Group Finder was released LOL. HOWEVER, that being said, I am EXTREMELY biased because I’ve been giving feedback like INSANE, like INSANE, on this forum so I feel kind of burnt out, and I kind of feel like I kind of know how the game is going to be by following MMO Champ’s front page and the forums (such spoiler, much WoW, not like 2004 at all!). The rest of the people, they’re not here giving INSANE feedback like ME, they’re probably out there with their family eating popcorn or playing Uncharted 4 or Doom or other console games and not giving any thought about WoW, not aware of feedback or anything, so they’re not as biased as ME.

…WoW gluck guys!

----------------
    Anyways, if you still have your eyes or brain after reading this feedback thread, you should go see Independence Day: Resurgence, I think the CGI in it will surely melt any eyes or brain you still have left. LOL.

wut.

...in all seriousness. That's a lot of effort and not a lot of page breaks. Plus about two pages worth of cars.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2016-06-29 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LairenyX View Post
    Sniiiiiiiiiiiip
    I... I am at a loss for words. Look... I am glad you provided feed back but wall of text crit me for 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999. Use some paragraphs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendou
    Also, Kodo is on fire. Bad Taurens! Fire bad for Kodo! Oh look it's dead now....oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    Blizzard, HOW DARE YOU! How dare you spend precious development time making a new, interesting feature and then turn around and try to make money off said development time. I AM ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING YOU EVER MAKE FOR FREE BECAUSE I BOUGHT THAT GAME THAT ONE TIME.
    Credit goes to Chris Hanel of The Daily Blink for the beautiful avatar picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem here is the Legion launch date will have passed before anyone at blizzard could finish reading all these suggestions.

scrolling.... scrolling.... scrolling.... scrolling.... WTF.... cars, reggie.... this is madness!
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

i really prefer the paladin helms witout a visor...i think they look way better. i cant wait to see what sets i can transmog from old raid tiers that i can go solo farm.........
    Last edited by Ornerybear; 2016-06-29 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corb View Post
    The problem here is the Legion launch date will have passed before anyone at blizzard could finish reading all these suggestions.
    I think the problem is that everyone will have passed away before reading all these suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendou
    Also, Kodo is on fire. Bad Taurens! Fire bad for Kodo! Oh look it's dead now....oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    Blizzard, HOW DARE YOU! How dare you spend precious development time making a new, interesting feature and then turn around and try to make money off said development time. I AM ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING YOU EVER MAKE FOR FREE BECAUSE I BOUGHT THAT GAME THAT ONE TIME.
    Credit goes to Chris Hanel of The Daily Blink for the beautiful avatar picture.

I think Half Life 3 will be released before anyone finishes this.

I don't like to resort to overused simplifications such as TLDR - but that is exactly what it is.
    Too Damn Long.

Summarise it, get rid of the fluff and repetition.
    You don't need to repeat a statement as if it were gospel.
    Go make a blog somewhere as you don't appear to want a discussion, but rather telling us what you say is absolutely wrong with the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    scrolling.... scrolling.... scrolling.... scrolling.... WTF.... cars, reggie.... this is madness!
    Reminded me of this:

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detai...d=350217&no=31

...minus the part where I didn't sleep for two weeks afterward. Well...maybe not, but at least for a different reason.

Deleted
    I hope you get insta banned again. Your first 2-3 sentences were fine, retarded from thereon.

Quote Originally Posted by otaxephon View Post

holy shit i had my speakers very loud and it's 2 am! My heart!
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Reminded me of this:

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detai...d=350217&no=31

...minus the part where I didn't sleep for two weeks afterward. Well...maybe not, but at least for a different reason.
    This one too, though perhaps after the first one had its impact this one didn't seem as effective.

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detai...d=350217&no=30

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    holy shit i had my speakers very loud and it's 2 am! My heart!
    Always fun introducing new people to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now that the movie's coming out...?
    OP was making this post since a month ago, yikes.
    I didn't read it btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this as hardly anyone will read all of it which makes an actual discussion close to impossible.

And several dozen pictures of cars. That too. This belongs on a blog. Not here.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."