Poll: Should we be able to roll as many times as we want on a single boss?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Working as intended.

I'd almost rather they cut down the tokens to 1 a week period. Maybe 2. Even on my alts that can use gear, 3 feels like too many, and ends up reducing the joy from the actual boss drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yeah, no. One bonus roll pr. kill, I would rather have. Mostly because the multiple bonus roll will bring another complaint, "why have I gotten multiples of a piece" etc etc etc.
    Holy shit. This is one of the dumbest refutations I've ever heard. You don't want people to be able to bonus roll more than once on a boss because they *might* complain about getting multiples of an item? That's the inherent risk you take bonus rolling.

@Avaddon: The reason we can't is because Blizzard wants the gear treadmill to be long and arduous. Why give you the opportunity to get the one item you need in a single raid night, when they can get you to raid that same boss 5 times over 5 weeks instead?

You already get so much loot, so My answer is NO.

It took me like 2 weeks to get My HFC hc 4 Tier pieces...

I'm now raiding casually (i am only doing a couple of specific bosses each week) for like 2 months now and have BiS heroic gear except weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Working as intended.

I'd almost rather they cut down the tokens to 1 a week period. Maybe 2. Even on my alts that can use gear, 3 feels like too many, and ends up reducing the joy from the actual boss drops.
    Then limit it for yourself and not want to do it for others.

I rather not kill a boss 20+ times and finally get my drop.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Im more interested why can we bonus roll at all.
    We gear up faster and get bored faster if we get all the loot we need.
    The bonus roll is their way to help keep the RNG in check to some degree. In previous expansions you got currency from the bosses and could purchase gear through that, and these days you get your own personal chance for some extra loot which serves a similar purpose (and bonus roll also has bad luck streak prevention)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Holy shit. This is one of the dumbest refutations I've ever heard. You don't want people to be able to bonus roll more than once on a boss because they *might* complain about getting multiples of an item? That's the inherent risk you take bonus rolling.

@Avaddon: The reason we can't is because Blizzard wants the gear treadmill to be long and arduous. Why give you the opportunity to get the one item you need in a single raid night, when they can get you to raid that same boss 5 times over 5 weeks instead?
    It's not a 'might' complain, they will. They already do just by recieving one of the same pieces..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It's not a 'might' complain, they will. They already do just by recieving one of the same pieces..
    People already complain about this and continue too. So letting someone roll multiple times would be completely acceptable. That's RNG. Ive rolled the same piece of gear from the same boss multiple times. You get a little upset and life goes on. Saying we shouldnt have the ability to burn off lots of coins on the only boss we need just because people would complain isnt much of an arguement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumskittles View Post
    People already complain about this and continue too. So letting someone roll multiple times would be completely acceptable. That's RNG. Ive rolled the same piece of gear from the same boss multiple times. You get a little upset and life goes on. Saying we shouldnt have the ability to burn off lots of coins on the only boss we need just because people would complain isnt much of an arguement.
    I've had people quit raids in attempt to write tickets to Blizzard to have their token returned because they got a duplicate. As well, having multiple rolls defeats the general build up of the game where you are to go through the process, not just burn off tokens because you just had some gold to buy them (WoD example).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Then limit it for yourself and not want to do it for others.

I rather not kill a boss 20+ times and finally get my drop.
    But..but...wasnt like that in praised vanilla?

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    You already get so much loot, so My answer is NO.
    It took me like 2 weeks to get My HFC hc 4 Tier pieces...
    I'm now raiding casually (i am only doing a couple of specific bosses each week) for like 2 months now and have BiS heroic gear except weapons
    And you being a lucky son of a cupcake is relevant exactly how? Me had no full tier even after 3 months of farming, so what? I wonder when you people would realise that this game is not about YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU, its about the group effort, and coins reward group effort, not decrease it. If you bonus rolled a piece of tier set, that means that your fellow co-raider from the same token group will get his piece faster, which means your raid will get to full power faster, which means more killed bosses. Gear is for raiding, not raiding is for gear, ffs.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I've had people quit raids in attempt to write tickets to Blizzard to have their token returned because they got a duplicate. As well, having multiple rolls defeats the general build up of the game where you are to go through the process, not just burn off tokens because you just had some gold to buy them (WoD example).
    I still dont understand this idea of people being upset about getting duplicates. You could get a duplicate item this week. Then get it again the next week. Your rage quit raider's would still be mad whether they waited through the "process" of weeks of failed rolls from killing the boss once a week or rolling all 3 or however many stocked up coins they have. The result would be the same. The time consumed reaching the failed or successful roll would just be significantly reduced.

Remember when you killed a raid boss once per week and just had to hope he physically dropped your item and that you had the DKP or won the roll?

I think the bonus roll system and bad luck protection and all that are already liberal enough tbh. I'm okay with not being able to dump 10 rolls into one boss and fish for the weapon/trinket I want. If you did this players would increase in power at a faster rate and gear out sooner. This would hurt the longevity of raid tiers imo.

In progression, people would horde seals till their guild killed the boss they wanted instead of just using them every week and helping their guild progress.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    And you being a lucky son of a cupcake is relevant exactly how? Me had no full tier even after 3 months of farming, so what? I wonder when you people would realise that this game is not about YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU, its about the group effort, and coins reward group effort, not decrease it. If you bonus rolled a piece of tier set, that means that your fellow co-raider from the same token group will get his piece faster, which means your raid will get to full power faster, which means more killed bosses. Gear is for raiding, not raiding is for gear, ffs.
    ???
    I don't get what your problem exactly is, but I'd suggest you to chill a bit

I am not lucky by any means... bosses simply drop so much loot already (compare ICC 25man Drops with hfc <15man Drops), it's riddiculous + you have your shipyard, table AND event-quests which can give you random hfc gear

I just gave an example, that you already get loot so fast, that making it even faster would be stupid IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Avaddon View Post
    How am I going to kill a mythic boss a hundred times a week.
    I saw that coming v_v

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Remember when you killed a raid boss once per week and just had to hope he physically dropped your item and that you had the DKP or won the roll?

I think the bonus roll system and bad luck protection and all that are already liberal enough tbh. I'm okay with not being able to dump 10 rolls into one boss and fish for the weapon/trinket I want. If you did this players would increase in power at a faster rate and gear out sooner. This would hurt the longevity of raid tiers imo.
    ^
    THIS /10char

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Pretty sure the reason Blizzard gave for this was to make sure a group of players who'd been farming an instance for ages on {x} populated server couldn't mass transfer to {y} dead server with a lockout at the final boss then defeat it for a sweet realm first.
    I transferred to reset raid lockouts back in the ICC days.

So you wont be carried to X boss, half ass the fight, roll all 20, get the loot you want, and bounce.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    But..but...wasnt like that in praised vanilla?
    !@#$ no. I remember playing other MMOs at the time and hearing about WoW's droprates.... even the "unbearable" 5% droprate he mentions would be crazyhigh compared to the 0.01% droprates some of the stuff we'd farm was.

But yeah, I don't get why people are complaining about droprates in Mythic raids. If you can't stand the heat, there's 3 other difficulties for you. One of which LITERALLY allows you to roll as many times as you want on a boss a week as in the original complaint.

All I can really hope is that they're trolling, cuz I'd liken this complaint to any other "Why isn't Mythic more like LFR ?" complaint where people want to queue to get into mythic raid groups or something.

So that people like me won't smash our heads into the desk after failing on 9 consecutive rolls in nine seconds. The disappointment has to be staggered.