Page 1 of 96
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

[TV] Disney+ Star Wars: Ahsoka Tano

So, the rumours were true. Unclear if it will be 'current' Ahsoka or Clone Wars one, I'd prefer the latter for them to do the prequels right through her eys, but that is perhaps too much to wish for, the budget would be insane..

Oh, they could do the continuation of SW Rebels, with Ezra & Thrawn.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1362277..._=nv_sr_srsg_0

After the fall of the Galactic Empire, former Jedi Knight Ahsoka Tano investigates an emerging threat to a vulnerable galaxy.

Full Cast & Crew

Series Directed by
    Rick Famuyiwa
    Dave Filoni
    Jennifer Getzinger
    Steph Green
    Geeta Vasant Patel
    Peter Ramsey

Series Writing Credits
    Dave Filoni ... (created by) (8 episodes, 2023)
    Dave Filoni ... (written by) (8 episodes, 2023)
    George Lucas ... (based on STAR WARS by)

Rosario Dawson - Ahsoka Tano
    Natasha Liu Bordizzo - Sabine Wren
    Wes Chatham - Captain Enoch
    Hayden Christensen - Anakin Skywalker
    Ray Stevenson - Baylan Skoll
    Mary Elizabeth Winstead - Hera Syndulla
    David Tennant - Huyang
    Temuera Morrison - Captain Rex
    Diana Lee Inosanto - Morgan Elsbeth
    Lars Mikkelsen - Grand Admiral Thrawn
    Ivanna Sakhno - Shin Hati
    Eman Esfandi - Ezra Bridger

‘Star Wars: Ahsoka’ Sets Official August Premiere Date at Disney+

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/sta...us-1235635951/
    By Joe Otterson - Jun 7, 2023 9:05am PT

The live-action series “Star Wars: Ahsoka” officially has a premiere date at Disney+.

It was previously announced that the show would debut in August, but it is now confirmed it will premiere on Aug. 23. Rosario Dawson stars in the series as Ahsoka Tano, whom she first played in Season 2 of “The Mandalorian” and again in “The Book of Boba Fett.”

The official logline states, “Set after the fall of the Empire, ‘Star Wars: Ahsoka’ follows the former Jedi Knight Ahsoka Tano as she investigates an emerging threat to a vulnerable galaxy.” Disney has also released a new TV spot for the series, which can be seen below.

The cast also includes Natasha Liu Bordizzo as Sabine Wren, Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Hera Syndulla, the late Ray Stevenson as Baylan Skoll, Ivanna Sakhno as Shin Hati, Diana Lee Inosanto as Morgan Elsbeth, David Tennant as Huyang, Lars Mikkelsen as Grand Admiral Thrawn, and Eman Esfandi appearing as Ezra Bridger.

Dave Filoni serves as writer and executive producer on the show. Jon Favreau, Kathleen Kennedy, Colin Wilson, and Carrie Beck also executive produce. Karen Gilchrist is co-executive producer.

“Star Wars: Ahsoka” is one of several live-action shows set in the “Star Wars” universe on the way. There is also “The Acolyte” starring Amandla Stenberg and “Skeleton Crew” starring Jude Law. Neither of those shows has a premiere date at the time of this publishing. In terms of continuing shows, “The Mandalorian” recently aired its third season while “Andor” is prepping its second.

Ahsoka | Teaser Trailer | Disney+

Star Wars
    Apr 7, 2023 #Ahsoka

Warrior. Outcast. Rebel. Jedi.

#Ahsoka arrives August 2023 on @DisneyPlus.

Ahsoka | Official Trailer | Disney+

Star Wars
    Jul 11, 2023 8 minutes ago

Once a rebel, always a rebel.

Watch the brand-new trailer and experience the two-episode series premiere of Ahsoka, a Star Wars Original series, streaming August 23 on Disney+
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2023-07-11 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    So, the rumours were true. Unclear if it will be 'current' Ahsoka or Clone Wars one, I'd prefer the latter for them to do the prequels right through her eys, but that is perhaps too much to wish for, the budget would be insane..

I wouldn't be surprised if it is the former and they used the Mando episode as a backdoor pilot, with her leading up to finding Thrawn.

I thought that her leaving the Jedi Order at the end of Clone Wars was a nice send off for the character.

... But then they just had to bring her back. Why? Why ruin a character who had a satisfying ending? Probably because they wanted to milk her, just like Thrawn and the EU that Disney so vehemently claimed that they didn't want to be tied down on.

Not interested.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP...
    Youre really under selling everything they announced.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

What is Rangers of the Republic supposed to be about?

Everything else announced is utterly meh.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    OP...
    Youre really under selling everything they announced.

The Bad Batch I actually had to make a triple take because I was certain it was called The Bad Bitch.

I feel like they're doing TOO MUCH.

It's great to see more stuff, but don't make the mistake of every studio ever trying to bombard us with 50,000 projects of which 49,995 get cancelled because they're shit. Even Marvel couldn't make that work and they've basically been printing money.

This is over YEARS people, not all at once.
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

It's great to see more stuff, but don't make the mistake of every studio ever trying to bombard us with 50,000 projects of which 49,995 get cancelled because they're shit. Even Marvel couldn't make that work and they've basically been printing money.
    Its really only 6 projects we have not heard about. We probably won't see one of 6 until 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    It's the current, it's supposed to have interconnected stories with The Mandalorian and Rangers of the New Republic.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

They're going to make the same mistakes they did with movies, trying to release one almost every year. The difference here is it might not backfire or lose them as much money because this is all about sustaining Disney+, meaning fans will keep subscribed to watch the next episode even if the previous episode or series was bad. "Ok, maybe the next series will be good, and besides, what's $6.99 a month?" Genius, really. Announcing 12 series planned, all to be released subsequently guarantees subscriber retention and growth for years.
    Last edited by Kyphael; 2020-12-11 at 04:15 AM.

I would watch Lando just because of the logo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I would watch Lando just because of the logo.
    Donald Glover is exceptionally charismatic. He can certainly carry a show of his own.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious about The Acolyte

Obi-Wan definitely has potential, especially with Hayden Christensen retaking his role. I hope he'll nail it, that could be insane

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Donald Glover is exceptionally charismatic. He can certainly carry a show of his own.
    Apparently Glover hasn't been confirmed...but I don't see why they would not go with him. They did renew his FX show so we know he still has a working relationship with Disney.

He has been a lot of Disney money. They should go ahead an put him Spider-Man again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    I'm curious about The Acolyte
    That one caught my eye as well.

I might be reading too much into the title and font, but a show about the whole Force training thing from the perspective of a young Sith acolyte might be interesting.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

I have no hopes what so ever for any of this, as a life time fan of SW since seeing the first one on release in theaters, it just seem to me that besides 4-5-6 & Rogue 1 its been a tad too family friendly. The Mandalorian is ok, but it lacks the final oomph as the audience are families, and we wouldnt want them to see stuff like cutting off lukes hand, nor any real danger. Mando is like a god in his armour, and if the .... hits the fan, he can allways use his missile bracelets and then 30 Storm troopers die. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I thought that her leaving the Jedi Order at the end of Clone Wars was a nice send off for the character.

... But then they just had to bring her back. Why? Why ruin a character who had a satisfying ending? Probably because they wanted to milk her, just like Thrawn and the EU that Disney so vehemently claimed that they didn't want to be tied down on.

Not interested.
    Her story wasn't over..... it's not "milking" the character when that character still has story to tell and show. And that ending in Clone Wars was anything BUT satisfying to me.

Not to mention she was already brought back in Rebels with a pretty massive cliff hanger.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Her story wasn't over..... it's not "milking" the character when that character still has story to tell and show. And that ending in Clone Wars was anything BUT satisfying to me.

Not to mention she was already brought back in Rebels with a pretty massive cliff hanger.
    Well since she wasn't in the old movies im going to guess vader killed her.