Page 1 of 77
... LastLast

[Movie/Comic] DC Extended Universe

Starting this as a place for nonspecific talk about the DCU to go, similar to the Marvel thread. Obviously you can still start specific threads about movies/TV shows/etc if you feel it is warranted. Hopefully this will serve as a place to talk about stuff that is coming up, stuff that isn’t worth making a new thread about, or just general talk about the DCEU.

Link to wiki about the DCEU: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Extended_Universe

Spoiler warnings are not required here.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2016-06-29 at 05:27 AM.

May as well get the conversation going with the most exciting DC property movie to release for awhile.

July 26 release date, get hyped.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't approve of the direction Snyder has taken the DC property. i think the movies should feel like bigger versions of the tv flash instead of these attempts to try to make it ultra gritty and real.
    Hi

Deleted

Looks like the Ultimate Edition is the movie that Snyder wanted us to see.

Can't wait to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i don't approve of the direction Snyder has taken the DC property. i think the movies should feel like bigger versions of the tv flash instead of these attempts to try to make it ultra gritty and real.
    I think that tone fits Batman. It doesn't fit the others.

Then again, I've never liked the others.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Spoiler warnings are not required here.
    Can you put that in the title then? Same for MCU? It's a weird dance where eventually people are going to get mad, despite this post, because no one will read this post in like a few days. It would also be great if we could make these Movie/Comic megathreads as there really aren't enough posts to maintain solo comic threads, but many people want better discussion about it.

Do you think that is possible?

So like...this would be the [Movie/Comic]DC Extended Universe *SPOILERS* thread and then you could have the [Movie/Comic]Marvel Extended Universe/MCU *SPOILERS*. Thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    May as well get the conversation going with the most exciting DC property movie to release for awhile.

Is this just releasing straight to BluRay and on demand paid streaming, or is it like going on Netflix like some of their other stuff?
    BAD WOLF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnTSqgJPVl8
    I can't wait for this movie! I'm not a fan of the animation though.

Also anyone else see Marvel making fun of BvS in Spiderman/Deadpool and then making fun of rebirth in Spiderman?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post

Is this just releasing straight to BluRay and on demand paid streaming, or is it like going on Netflix like some of their other stuff?
    Should be a straight to Dvd jobbie

10+ Year Old Account
    So does the BvS Ultimate Edition actually help improve the movie in any substantial way? I mean in terms of characterisation, establishing Lex's motivation and at least trying to make us care about Superman or something along those lines?

Or are they just more scenes of grandiose monologues with little to no substance? I don't know if I can endure any more of that in one sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Can you put that in the title then? Same for MCU? It's a weird dance where eventually people are going to get mad, despite this post, because no one will read this post in like a few days. It would also be great if we could make these Movie/Comic megathreads as there really aren't enough posts to maintain solo comic threads, but many people want better discussion about it.

Do you think that is possible?

So like...this would be the [Movie/Comic]DC Extended Universe *SPOILERS* thread and then you could have the [Movie/Comic]Marvel Extended Universe/MCU *SPOILERS*. Thoughts?
    For now I'll leave spoiler out of the title. I really didnt want to make it an infractable offense in the GOT thread but people were seemingly only using to annoy others. If it becomes an issue here/Marvel thread I can change it but for now I want to leave it for an option for people to use. I can change the titles to reflect the fact that they do include comics/other mediums outside of the movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    For now I'll leave spoiler out of the title. I really didnt want to make it an infractable offense in the GOT thread but people were seemingly only using to annoy others. If it becomes an issue here/Marvel thread I can change it but for now I want to leave it for an option for people to use. I can change the titles to reflect the fact that they do include comics/other mediums outside of the movies.
    That would be awesome. We kinda already use these threads to do it anyways, so it would be helpful to have it clearly in the title so maybe people come talk that didn't know they could before.

- - - Updated - - -

Should be a straight to Dvd jobbie
    That's cool. Instant BR buy for me.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalcrab View Post
    So does the BvS Ultimate Edition actually help improve the movie in any substantial way? I mean in terms of characterisation, establishing Lex's motivation and at least trying to make us care about Superman or something along those lines?

Or are they just more scenes of grandiose monologues with little to no substance? I don't know if I can endure any more of that in one sitting.
    Ultimate edition is a better movie. It flows a lot more smoothly and you do get a better idea behind what Lex is doing amongst other things. I've seen a lot more positive reviews of this version about how it changes/fixes things. If your problem with the movie the first time was it was too choppy or felt thrown together too much, it will likely fix much of that. If your issue with the movie was how Batman and Superman were portrayed, how their actions unfolded and what they did then it probably won't change your opinion and now you've just got another 30+ mins that you won't like.

To be clear about where I'm coming from, while I thought the movie I saw in theaters had flaws in the story and the pace, I still liked it. I like the Ultimate edition much more.

So as a hypothetical discussion, what is Batman's standing the DCCinematicU (DCUU?).

It seems he's been at this awhile, and from BVS was known to the gotham PD. However, it seemed really odd that the daily planet didn't much care about his exploits, and I would think the US govt would be interested in him as well. Perhaps we'll get some clarification in Suicide Squad, but it seems Batman has been around long enough to gain some attention from someone, somewhere, yet by BVS, it didn't seem like anyone cared. Granted, a city may not care to deal with Batman if he is perceived as helping them out, but I'm sure others would take an interest (as did Luthor, who figured out who he was).

Nice thread idea. I personally prefer DC among all the comic publishers, so a lot of their media is in my wheelhouse of enjoyment.

Coincidentally, got tickets to see The Killing Joke in theaters on the 25th.

http://www.fathomevents.com/event/ba...e-killing-joke

Seeing it in RPX and hope it's gonna rock my face off!

Deleted

I think Leto will be a good Joker, just like Affleck was a good Batman. Drastically different from the previous ones, and that's what the character needed.

But I don't think the movie will be good. They'll waste 3/4ths of it introducing and giving enough screentime to every character and the actual plot will be forgettable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope...making out with Harley Quinn, generally sounding retarded....this is not the Joker. This is a joker.
    BAD WOLF

- - - Updated - - -

and the trailer

Last edited by t1saif; 2016-07-23 at 07:40 PM.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First official WW trailer!
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Got to say I like the look of Wonderwoman and Justice League.

Still not sure about double casting Barry Allen though.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30