Page 9 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i wonder where all the people who said there was a bias against dc are now, maybe they'll claim wonder woman only got good reviews and good word of mouth and made a bunch of money because feminists

just goes to show, just like logan, a good movie is a good movie.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

At the Warners Bros. panel at San Diego Comic Con 2017, eight films were officially announced for the DC Extended Universe. Over the next few years, fans will get to see Suicide Squad 2, The Batman, Shazam, Justice League Dark, Flashpoint, Wonder Woman 2, Green Lantern Corps, and Batgirl.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by t1saif View Post

At the Warners Bros. panel at San Diego Comic Con 2017, eight films were officially announced for the DC Extended Universe. Over the next few years, fans will get to see Suicide Squad 2, The Batman, Shazam, Justice League Dark, Flashpoint, Wonder Woman 2, Green Lantern Corps, and Batgirl.
    what the hell is wrong with cyborg why does he have stick arms and legs.

ok it was a solid trailer not gona lie. At least steppenwolf doesent look like an orc from LOTR. Seem fitting for him to attack the amazons first too. I wish, but know we wont get anything about fury out of it, but still it might show he has history with amazons. Im kinda scared at the line up, did i miss a justice league 2? Justice league dark is not exactly the same thing, does it mean they are showing us Steppenwolf because the secret villain, will be darkseid in this movie, i hope not or its gona feel rush again.

At least on the list, flashpoint , ww2, the batman & batgirl can be very intersting. I always hoped we get a good Barbara Gordon on screen, fucking shame that joke batman and robin had on screen. Im not asking for perfection, out of all super heroes movies, only TDK came close to as good as a movie a super hero movie got on its own. I just want fun enjoyable movies that reflect how these characters are in their most popular portrayal, i just want a superman that never gives up and sees the good in everyone as soon as hes revived.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-07-24 at 01:15 AM.

Where Supes?

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Where Supes?
    Busy doing reshoots for a different tone on the back of wonder woman making bank.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of those reshoots. Henry Cavill (Superman) has grown a mustache for his role in Mission Impossible 6 and that is causing problems for the filming of Justice League.

Hes under contract with paramount to keep the stache, so DC is going to have CGI his stache out of the film haha, so they confirmed superman is in the film (obviously)

Most likely hes just in the film for the third act though

I enjoyed Wonder Woman but I maintain that MoS and BvS have created a foundation that no decent film could possibly be based on, and the trailers I've seen have done nothing to assuage that concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought you DC fans would be interested in this, not sure if it's old news or not but I love Kevin Conroy and here he is reading Christian Bales' famous Dark Knight speech from the Dark Knight...

or if you want the dub

Last edited by Orby; 2017-08-06 at 11:42 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I thought you DC fans would be interested in this, not sure if it's old news or not but I love Kevin Conroy and here he is reading Christian Bales' famous Dark Knight speech from the Dark Knight...
    Infinitely cooler than christian bales gruff batman voice. But i'm biased because kevin conroy in the animated series is batman to me.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6556890/?ref_=nv_sr_1

new animated movie with kevin coming out soon. Batman and Harley Quinn

Batman vs Harley Quinn is out. It was okay...goes for a more comedy route that works in places but is mostly awkward. Trailer does a good job of showcasing this. It doesn't hold a candle to the original animated series really

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Batman vs Harley Quinn is out. It was okay...goes for a more comedy route that works in places but is mostly awkward. Trailer does a good job of showcasing this. It doesn't hold a candle to the original animated series really
    I saw it, it seems a bit more adult, I found it enjoyable enough if you don't take it too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I saw it, it seems a bit more adult, I found it enjoyable enough if you don't take it too seriously.
    Decent. Watchable. Probably only worth a purchase if you dig Melissa Rauch's performance as Harley. Definitely not meant to be taken seriously, and I think suffers for some of the serious scenes it does have.

EX: The fight at the end between Batman, Nightwing and Floronic Man should have just been background noise to Harley and Ivy's fight. What is easily the most intense fight in the film is really just a waste of the obviously low animation budget and is dragging down the tone of Harley and Ivy's fight.

I'm optimistic for Justice Leauge. However, I did not hate MoS or SS or BvS. I thought MoS was actually quite good. SS was entertaining, which is all I was really hoping for. BvS was a bit forced because they were trying to shove in the ground work for the wider D.C. Universe. Still BvS was ok. I'm optimistic Jos W can fix the problems test Snyder left behind and it will be good.

I'm a huge Batman fan, and if I had to choose just one I would probably read DC comics. I have no expectations for the DC movies at this point. No hype, no excitement, nothing. Didn't even watch Suicide Squad.

do you guys think this stuff with ben affleck groping people and knowing about weinstein is going to impact the dccu?
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    do you guys think this stuff with ben affleck groping people and knowing about weinstein is going to impact the dccu?
    Yes. How could it not? Affleck will be gone if this turns out to be true. Also going to put Gadot in a hard situation being the new feminist icon.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I’ve been wondering this as well. There have been rumors of him leaving the character for months now. I wonder if this will be the straw that does it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Yes. How could it not? Affleck will be gone if this turns out to be true. Also going to put Gadot in a hard situation being the new feminist icon.
    Gal has a connection to him too?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Gal has a connection to him too?
    No, but she can't defend Affleck without alienating pretty much her entire fan base. She can't attack him without harming her movie. She's in a shit situation.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    of course it will fade, even mel gibson is still getting steady work, unless it comes out that he raped someone himself its not the end of his career.

but the dccu is fighting an uphill battle, batman vs superman was panned by fans and critics alike, suicide squad was panned by critics but did really well in merch and had mixed reception from fans (although i question how many people just like it because 'er mah gerd im ser merch lerk herley quern' im so god damn sick of hearing dumb preppy girls saying shit like that, no you're not like harley quinn shut up)

wonder woman is there only solid entry so far on all fronts, if justice league doesnt stick the landing AND they have this shit swirling around the movie its going to be toxic for the franchise.

i can only imagine certain sites posting clickbait like "batman the rapist"

it would be like a bigger scale jeepers creepers 3, which is a solid horror movie but will never see the light of day because the guy who made it is a pedophile and rapist and that will forever taint the movie nomatter how good you are at separating art from the artist

im not saying affleck raped anybody because i dont think he would do something like that but he was close friends with him and i very much doubt he didnt know and you never know what he might have been roped into doing or covering up on his behalf. we have to remember this is one of the most powerful people in all of hollywood and this has been stomped into submission for decades, decades of which him and matt damon were close friends with him and collaborated on alot of projects. he pretty much owes his whole career to him