Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It's just bad game design, like any other game that requires you to fall back on the collective knowledge of the internet to get something done.

*Of course this thread has posers talking about hand holding. To these people this is the height of video game design: https://youtu.be/V4we8iFk-fY?t=285
    Last edited by frymastermeat; 2016-06-30 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frymastermeat View Post
    It's just bad game design, like any other game that requires you to fall back on the collective knowledge of the internet to get something done.
    LOL. Ok yeah it's bad game design when the game actually makes you try and do something yourself yeah? You think those guides would be up there the minute the legendary quest went live? People writing those guides had to learn it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    LOL. Ok yeah it's bad game design when the game actually makes you try and do something yourself yeah? You think those guides would be up there the minute the legendary quest went live? People writing those guides had to learn it themselves.
    People figured out how to finish PT. That doesn't make it a good game.

People figured out how to finish PT. That doesn't make it a good game.
    So one bit of a quest that doesn't hold your hand in an RPG and makes you actually work for it is bad game design? Ok got it you want everything handed to you on a silver platter in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So one bit of a quest that doesn't hold your hand in an RPG and makes you actually work for it is bad game design? Ok got it you want everything handed to you on a silver platter in WoW.
    Spare me the elitism. I play this game with zero addons, the horrendous map markers turned off, and a macro that disables the minimap. That doesn't mean I can't call out stupid design when I see it. If there was a hidden item out in the ocean that you had to go pick up before you could get to level 110, would that be awesome game design as well?

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention the fact that this could only be done with a raid, so of course someone in that raid is going to look up what to do. Have you ever been in a raid where people learn the mechanics of a boss on their own? Of course not. That information is available almost immediately for 99.99% of the player base and you are looked at like a leper if you don't know exactly what to do before raid day.
    Last edited by frymastermeat; 2016-06-30 at 01:41 AM.

Deleted
    Not to mention the fact that this could only be done with a raid, so of course someone in that raid is going to look up what to do. Have you ever been in a raid where people learn the mechanics of a boss on their own? Of course not. That information is available almost immediately for 99.99% of the player base and you are looked at like a leper if you don't know exactly what to do before raid day.
    Silly you do realize BEFORE someone writes a guide, this someone HAS done it without a guide?...

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Silly you do realize BEFORE someone writes a guide, this someone HAS done it without a guide?...
    Someone found out how to kneel at the corner with a random item equipped so the tornado would pick them up and take them to the next level in Castlevania II. That doesn't make it good game design. I can't believe this needs to be explained.

Someone found out how to kneel at the corner with a random item equipped so the tornado would pick them up and take them to the next level in Castlevania II. That doesn't make it good game design. I can't believe this needs to be explained.
    And how is Blizzard adding elements to a MMORPG which may only be perplexing for literally the first day they're released (after which point people will simply follow a guide) any worse of a design? I mean fuck dude, I get that hating Blizzard is super fucking cool these days but comparing the Firelands legendary quest line to Castlevania II is pretty ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    And how is Blizzard adding elements to a MMORPG which may only be perplexing for literally the first day they're released (after which point people will simply follow a guide) any worse of a design? I mean fuck dude, I get that hating Blizzard is super fucking cool these days but comparing the Firelands legendary quest line to Castlevania II is pretty ridiculous.
    I don't hate Blizzard. I feel like I'm one of the 8 people that thinks the game is still good. I'm almost always defending them from rabid idiots regarding this or that stupid topic. I just think that you shouldn't design a quest with the idea that "oh, they'll look it up, they're raiders".

And Blizzard usually doesn't. This is just a single quest in a game with thousands of them.

- - - Updated - - -

And I didn't compare the quest to Castlevania II. I used Castlevania II as a counter argument to the "well somebody figured it out, huh" argument.
    Last edited by frymastermeat; 2016-06-30 at 02:06 AM.

One of the very few quests in the game that requires more than a "I can barely tie my shoes" level of of brainpower. You'll get it.