Deleted

Tracking Finality - how?

I have been trying to find some way to track http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=197406/finality, without sucess. There is no buff gained, the spells dont change, I have tried making a weak aura with the buffed spells:

http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=1973...ity-eviscerate

http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=1973...ity-nightblade

However it just counts the normal ones. So I am at a loss on how to track this, anyone managed to do it? It sucks having to memorize "wait, is this the weak eviscerate, or the buffed one?" mid fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    are you using the Spell ID for Finality? 197406? or 197393 for Finality: Eviserate?

keep in mind last weeks build changed it so that the Finality: Evisc and Nightblade buffs no longer exist. so really they fucked over the only real way to track it, but i do expect after this change something like an illuminated border should be coming

Deleted
    I was using finality:eviscerate, yeah, didnt work that just tracks the normal one. Also finality itself isnt even a buff and doesnt show up anywhere, its just its own thing.

That begs the question, what is it?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah? is there anything's changing in your rotation from finality? Do you need to do 2 of the same finisher back to back for the bonus or it's just stored till next time you do the finisher?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    Yeah? is there anything's changing in your rotation from finality? Do you need to do 2 of the same finisher back to back for the bonus or it's just stored till next time you do the finisher?
    it's stored

but it's still important to know due to various stealth buffs and DFA

Deleted
    I would say it changes your rotation pretty substantially in that you would do a 1/2 cp finisher to fish for finality, then apply full cps to buffed finisher (i could be wrong but this seems a correct way to use it).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wunju View Post
    I would say it changes your rotation pretty substantially in that you would do a 1/2 cp finisher to fish for finality, then apply full cps to buffed finisher (i could be wrong but this seems a correct way to use it).
    I think you have a gambling problem

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Recuiem View Post
    I think you have a gambling problem
    I think you dont even know what you are talking about. Where´s the "gambling" here?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    it's stored

but it's still important to know due to various stealth buffs and DFA
    OK so you always want to have finality eviscerate for DFA but for shadow blade you want to have finality to snapshot stealth buff?

DFA is enough on its own to warrant the tracking of the finality buff. Making sure you are weaving Evis off finality and DFA on finality is a huge difference in damage.

Add to that the various stealth buffs, trinket on use procs, boss mechanics, etc, and it seems pretty important to weave finality properly to maximize damage in a predictable manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes0773 View Post
    DFA is enough on its own to warrant the tracking of the finality buff. Making sure you are weaving Evis off finality and DFA on finality is a huge difference in damage.

Add to that the various stealth buffs, trinket on use procs, boss mechanics, etc, and it seems pretty important to weave finality properly to maximize damage in a predictable manner.
    Yeah but realistically is this ever going to work out in practice? You're sitting at 5-6 CP with DFA off CD and Finality up. Your goal is to use DFA on CD, not sit on it waiting for trinkets and other stuff.

OK so you always want to have finality eviscerate for DFA but for shadow blade you want to have finality to snapshot stealth buff?
    The only stealth buff is Master of Subtlety. (I think? 4p hfc bonus aside). If you're using Master of sub, Finality:Evisc/DFA should be used within that window.

If you're using Weaponmaster (now that it's viable) then you should be pumping out SS during dance for ASoul and finishers outside dance. Though with Subterfuge you'll probably squeeze in a finisher.

Nightblade doesn't snapshot(so they say) so Nightblade:Finality and regular nighblade don't really need to be separately tracked.

So what's needed is a weakaura that counts +1 each time you eviscerate and resets at 99 or so, and then you track it based on odds/evens.

That's if blizzard sticks to their draconian policies they've begun implementing. We have to be more creative to get aroudn their bullshit now.

i really doubt we will ever be throwing out 1 cp finishers because of finality. we don't have the energy to waste for it and especially now it would just delay shadow dance even more

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    i really doubt we will ever be throwing out 1 cp finishers because of finality. we don't have the energy to waste for it and especially now it would just delay shadow dance even more
    I know I would because of a 20% damage buff on finishers.