Thread: mushrooms

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

mushrooms

So what are your favorite mushrooms to cook with? I prefer the button mushrooms or shiitake. I also like the portabellas. I've been wanting to try those morel mushrooms as I hear they're delicious but I can't find them where I live.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So what are your favorite mushrooms to cook with? I prefer the button mushrooms or shiitake. I also like the portabellas. I've been wanting to try those morel mushrooms as I hear they're delicious but I can't find them where I live.
    Gotta wander in the forest if you morels.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Im assuming you're incredibly bored

Where I used to live there were some of the older people who picked mushrooms. They had this technique where they would take a small bite of the mushroom to see if they made a mistake and picked a "bad" one.

But some of the ones they found were wild morels. Pretty tasty.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I don't have any mushroom morels. Most of them are all pretty good.

My favorites are Chanterelle and Agaricus.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like mushrooms the texture is so strange to me :/

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Portabellas are too large for me, too much mushroom in one sitting. Obviously, common/button mushrooms are great, though. Morels are crazy good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fav shroom?
    King Bolete / Penny bun

unmatched flavor.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

15+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of mushrooms, the only one I can tolerate is self-picked Chanterelle fried in butter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Not a fan of mushrooms, the only one I can tolerate is self-picked Chanterelle fried in butter.
    with scrambled egg.. yummy.

"cook"... yeah right
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

shiitake is the only one I can tolerate, I hate mushrooms, they over power the dish and people use way to much of it. Mushrooms is the mayonnaise of the veggie world

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    shiitake is the only one I can tolerate, I hate mushrooms, they over power the dish and people use way to much of it. Mushrooms is the mayonnaise of the veggie world
    I feel the same way about onions.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I feel the same way about onions.
    Yeah they can too, or garlic. Funny story, I was trying a hamburger recipe and it called for 2 cloves of garlic, I used 2 bulbs..

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you haven't had a lot of different mushrooms.
    Not meant as a blame though, since sadly in the US shrooms are pretty much like most other stuff too, very narrowed down to three/four different ones you can oddly get all year long. And they're all sorta sub standard when it comes to flavors.
    Whereas there are in fact very delicious ones around that make for top notch quality dishes, which are in fact more expensive than any meat cut, or anyother dishes in the restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Sounds like you haven't had a lot of different mushrooms.
    Not meant as a blame though, since sadly in the US shrooms are pretty much like most other stuff too, very narrowed down to three/four different ones you can oddly get all year long. And they're all sorta sub standard when it comes to flavors.
    Whereas there are in fact very delicious ones around that make for top notch quality dishes, which are in fact more expensive than any meat cut, or anyother dishes in the restaurants.
    Yeah I am sure that is part of it, I grew mostly on Texmex, I didn't expand my taste for other things until I was an adult. All the good sushi and Chinese food I missed out as a kid...

15+ Year Old Account
    These kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I am sure that is part of it, I grew mostly on Texmex, I didn't expand my taste for other things until I was an adult. All the good sushi and Chinese food I missed out as a kid...
    Like I said, wasn't an attack

btw. the shroom I listed above costs around $50.00 a pound.
    And then there's truffle. The emperor of all foods. White European truffle costs nearly $4000.00 a pound.
    Not quite mayo level food lol

I like to make tea out of psilocybe.