View Poll Results: Do you feel brexit supporters and Trump supporters are being duped?

Voters
8. This poll is closed
  • Need more info

0 0%
  • No

3 37.50%
  • Yes

5 62.50%

Do you feel brexit supporters and Trump supporters are being duped?

Looking at the news a lot of people are saying voters are being duped, they say things like a lot of the older brexit voters thought NHS would get more money with a brexit, Trump voters are called "racist", etc. Some seem to think these people are being tricked by elites, Trump and Boris.

I feel that Trump and brexit voters are similar. In my opinion they are voting the way they are due to globalization pressure. Worry about your, or your children's, economic future is the oldest motivator voters have. When you worry about your economic future you become concerned about immigrants competing with you for work.

But I could be wrong.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Some Brexit voters wanted out of EU since they didn't like what EU was becoming.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Republican voters are getting duped in general since the party's position is a tried, tested, proven entirely false platform of deregulation, lower taxes (mostly on the wealthy) under the false premise that them having more money and less regulation creates jobs (correction, it does, just in Asia). Plus their party is never going to undo the things they complain about (welfare, social security, medicaid, etc.), those things are here to stay, so all their lowering taxes ever accomplishes is massive deficit spending increases.

Trump voters aren't getting duped anymore than any other voter in the US though. Voting based on what a presidential candidate promises to do is rather absurd since the president has no power to actually implement any of what they promise. I guess Trump a little more so than usual since his own party is opposed to him, so he has literally no means of making good on anything he says even in the best case scenario.

7+ Year Old Account
    Considering they base their campaign on: Fuck experts I know better. Yes I think they are being duped.

I think some brexit and Trump supporters are just angry and are throwing a wrench into the works on purpose. They want to be heard.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I wouldn't say duped but very similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brexit yes,
    Trump not so sure ...seen too many videos of them saying "ya, we know he's lying, but he'll change things"

so I think they would vote for the Dark Knight Joker thinking after the world burns, the soil will be great again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Some Brexit voters wanted out of EU since they didn't like what EU was becoming.
    +1

You can dislike EU for more reasons than just the lies politicians spew. You can dislike the direction it's moving in. Some just wanted a trade union and nothing much else.