Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    We don't have a parade to express our joy being ourselves. We have a parade to express our right to exist. We're told regularly that we should die, that we're abominations, that we're going to hell, that we're mentally damaged, and there are a host of countries where it is illegal for us to exist. Name one place where it is illegal for a heterosexual to be themselves? Yeah, now I hope you get it.
    While I agree, I still think the pride thing overall is silly, same with stuff like Black History Month.

PS: I am a homosexual, so yes, my opinion is 100% valid and anti-biased, actually.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Kinda silly, since noone has ever tried to banish heterosexually out of public life (which is kinda the point of gay pride right?) - but if you really care about both having their day, have at it I guess.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    On the other hand, if I was heterosexual, no doubt I'd be tired of this. Celebrating a sexual orientation should not be a thing. What's the difference between a homosexual and a heterosexual? Only the gender of the person you love relative to yours. It's quite a bit stupid to give so much attention on something so unimportant.
    I'm a homosexual and I'm already tired of it. Same with ethnicity months (again, Black History Month) and the like. Can't we all just be fucking humans?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hachidori View Post
    I think it's more of a poke at the idea that some pride is okay and some isn't.

Why is it alright for LGBT to have a parade expressing themselves but straight people can't?
    Because I have never been insulted or harassed for being heterosexual. Gay people have been oppressed and the parade is to celebrate their choice to be themselves.

Pride should come from accomplishing something. In terms of sexuality I've never had to overcome anything to be who I am.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't care if they get one of those. I mean we have all weird strange days for things that doesn't even matter, so why can't they have one of those days that doesn't matter too?

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    We don't have a parade to express our joy being ourselves. We have a parade to express our right to exist. We're told regularly that we should die, that we're abominations, that we're going to hell, that we're mentally damaged, and there are a host of countries where it is illegal for us to exist. Name one place where it is illegal for a heterosexual to be themselves? Yeah, now I hope you get it.
    I could go to Tumblr right now and find about ten people who want me to die for being heterosexual, a male, white, et cetera. If you want a real life example, just try going to South Africa as a white man.

We shouldn't treat oppression like some kind of Olympic event where we strive to seem like the most "justified" attacked group. This Twitter tag (and many like it) are obvious warnings against this kind of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    While I agree, I still think the pride thing overall is silly, same with stuff like Black History Month.

PS: I am a homosexual, so yes, my opinion is 100% valid and anti-biased, actually.
    Naw man you're just self-loathing. You're damaging your own cause you should be ashamed.

/s
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    They might as well hashtag #yaywe'renotoppressedprideday

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Not sure why they'd be trying to shame people for celebrating their sexuality. I thought that's exactly the kind of thing they were fighting against with LGBTQ Pride events... I guess celebrating who you are is only acceptable if you're a minority though, taking pride in being who you are in other circumstances is too offensive.
    If the people celebrating heterosexuality are being completely genuine and not trying to be funny or to spite gay pride, then sure. Doubt that's the case though. It's spiteful, petty, and tasteless.

- - - Updated - - -

I could go to Tumblr right now and find about ten people who want me to die for being heterosexual, a male, white, et cetera. If you want a real life example, just try going to South Africa as a white man.

We shouldn't treat oppression like some kind of Olympic event where we strive to seem like the most "justified" attacked group. This Twitter tag (and many like it) are obvious warnings against this kind of thinking.
    I mean white people did go to South Africa and systematically oppress them for 50 years. At least they have a valid reason for their hatred.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xada View Post
    Because they've never been #oppressed before, how am I supposed to score points by supporting them?
    We havent? Straight white males for the last 20 years have been told how horrible they are, how they're nothing but problems on society, that everythings our fault. How we deserve less because of some old straight white dudes hundreds of years ago.

I know its not "horrible oppression", but to be fair, most people born in the last 50 years havent been either. Its okay to be proud that you're gay... but god forbid you be proud to be a straight white male. Oh no! We wouldn't want that! Thats horrible!

People should just fuck off. Bunch of hypocrites who just need something to get mad about in this thread as it doesnt align with the liberal bullshit spewed all over these forums.
    Last edited by Cebel; 2016-06-29 at 03:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

The internet...
    It brings the worst out of the people.
    That natural shield behind ones keyboard, it makes some people untouchable and they misuse it.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

#Don't care who is fucking who day
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I don't know..."I love vaginas" doesn't really have the same ring as "I love cocks!"
    You might have known this but some gay people are female.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    If the people celebrating heterosexuality are being completely genuine and not trying to be funny or to spite gay pride, then sure. Doubt that's the case though. It's spiteful, petty, and tasteless.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean white people did go to South Africa and systematically oppress them for 50 years. At least they have a valid reason for their hatred.
    'I doubt that's the case though'.

Wow, okay. I guess it's just easier to assume everyone is trying to take the piss rather than just being like 'okay'.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    ^----pretty much this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I always had an idea that when PrideDay is going to happen that all hetero families with their children should go outside as well and do no damage to anyone
    Exactly, and support those who are different whilst celebrating LIFE

Without us heteros you wouldnt even exist, so let us have our prideday .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    We havent? Straight white males for the last 20 years have been told how horrible they are, how they're nothing but problems on society, that everything our fault. How we deserve less because of some old straight white dudes hundreds of years ago.

I know its not "horrible oppression", but to be fair, most people born in the last 50 years havent been either. Its okay to be proud that you're gay... but god forbid you be proud to be a straight white male. Oh no! We wouldn't want that! Thats horrible!

People should just fuck off. Bunch of hypocrites who just need something to get mad about in this thread as it doesnt align with the liberal bullshit spewed all over these forums.
    You filthy white cis gendered man how dare you be proud of being white?! You're cancer and should drop dead! /sarcasm.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Enjoy your Twitter like the rest of the sore losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I'm a homosexual and I'm already tired of it. Same with ethnicity months (again, Black History Month) and the like. Can't we all just be fucking humans?
    What a wonderful day it will be when we all don't have to declare different parts of who we are just to try and fit in while standing out.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."