Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Give all healers a talent to heal by dealing damage.

Hello,

I've played WoW since the beta and I've only recently started to play healers. Always played mainly DPS or tank.

Now that I enjoy playing Restoration Druid I realized that the reason I enjoy it is because I can feel really involved in the fight.

I can cast entangling roots and cyclone, I can deal damage and it will heal my allies (Dream of Cenarius talent) as well as heal directly. I only wish the Dream of Cenarius talent used all damage you do as the heal, that would be so much fun.

I love playing support, but I need to feel like I can do a lot. I think I've mainly played DPS because it's such an obvious way of trying to win the fight, you kill the enemy as fast as you can. As healer, if the crew isn't taking damage, I'm basically just sitting there diddling my thumbs, and that makes it boring.

If I was able to just deal damage the best I could, and my damage was actually respectable, I would feel really good about it. And if that damage also healed everyone around me by a certain amount, that could actually be my main method of healing sans very high incoming DPS situations.

What do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically make every healer a identical pseudo-dps spec?

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally think no. Blizzard has already tried this before, it didn't work out too well. For a few classes, its fine, but not for everyone. If you don't enjoy a particular playstyle, swap to another, do NOT ask for that playstyle to match your liking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

What you're asking for is what disc priests will be in Legion. Go check that out.

Or what shadow was during cata (flat 3% of your damage dealt as healing to each of your group members).
    Last edited by ceall; 2016-06-29 at 05:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go Disc priest.

I play a healer because I don't want to have to heal damage and instead focus on supporting and healing my allies. I'm sure that's why many people play healers. Disc priests in Legion is the hybrid you are looking for...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh. I feel like healers should only focus on healing. And when content is overgeared, you simply go with less healers
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

In Legion, healers will be able to do relevant damage. It doesn't do any healing (unless you're a disc priest), but it does make a difference. You'll be involved in the fight, which is what you are asking for.

All healers do have this mechanic and will in Legion also.

Less variety and uniqueness. More repetition.

I feel like every healer could have some GAIN to be had by dealing damage, but it should be relatively minor. We've already had every heal spec get SOMETHING from damage in the past.

Discipline with Atonement, Resto Shammy used to get mana from Lightning Bolt, I don't remember what wrath did for druids, but it was something... Fistweaving monks did their thing and holy pally gained holy power from crusader strikes. I don't recall holy priest gaining anything, though...

But I don't really feel that it's that important. Some diversity is nice. Disc being the "I can DPS and heal!" spec seems perfectly fine.

If the damage is too low that healers aren't needed, then switch some healers to dps. All healers can press buttons when incoming damage is low, although the extra damage is mostly irrelevant. Should the damage be relevant? I'm of the opinion that it shouldn't be. Should more healers get damage -> healing abilities? Atonement in MoP which was the pinnacle of this healing style was frustrating to play with as any other healer, and wasn't very satisfying to the priest either.

To add to that, why aren't dps able to tank while dpsing or healers tanking while healing; lets just make a spec that can tank, has self sufficient healing and do high dps.
    There is room for this kind of stuff, but should be underpowered purposefully to prevent an arms race between the specs. Less is more sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    healers should heal. if you want to do damage, respec dps or get someone else to do it for you IMO.
    Hi

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They tried with Mistweaver: didn't work. They didn't learn from their mistake and are trying again for Disc: will not work or it will break the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bytch View Post
    All healers do have this mechanic and will in Legion also.
    No, they don't all have that mechanic come legion. Thankfully so. If the OP wants to enjoy a damage->heal mechanic disc is his best bet (followed by less encompassing versions of the mechanic in monks or pallys)

Quote Originally Posted by Bartolo View Post
    They tried with Mistweaver: didn't work. They didn't learn from their mistake and are trying again for Disc: will not work or it will break the game.
    DPS whine because they have no use in the game other than DPS, and when tanks and heals do damage, the poor DPS, in their multitudes, feel bad.

Thou shalt not break the Trinity, for without the Trinity, DPS have no reason to exist, and would have to do more than stand next to a target and pew pew.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Takanasi View Post
    Hello,

I've played WoW since the beta and I've only recently started to play healers. Always played mainly DPS or tank.

Now that I enjoy playing Restoration Druid I realized that the reason I enjoy it is because I can feel really involved in the fight.

I can cast entangling roots and cyclone, I can deal damage and it will heal my allies (Dream of Cenarius talent) as well as heal directly. I only wish the Dream of Cenarius talent used all damage you do as the heal, that would be so much fun.

I love playing support, but I need to feel like I can do a lot. I think I've mainly played DPS because it's such an obvious way of trying to win the fight, you kill the enemy as fast as you can. As healer, if the crew isn't taking damage, I'm basically just sitting there diddling my thumbs, and that makes it boring.

If I was able to just deal damage the best I could, and my damage was actually respectable, I would feel really good about it. And if that damage also healed everyone around me by a certain amount, that could actually be my main method of healing sans very high incoming DPS situations.

What do you think?
    This is exactly what Blizz is trying NOT to do... make everything play the same. If dpsing means that much to you, play a dps class/spec.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

If you think playing a healer is boring, then don't play it or go disc in Legion. Don't suggest this kind of crap, as someone who has been a healer for 10 years I hate dpsing in raids. If every class had this sort of talent and it actually was useful/required for endgame it would ruin healing for me.
    So no thx OP, I don't enjoy talents like DoC, spam wrath all day? Fun right?

You can play a disc priest if you want that type of game play.

Outside of that though, I don't think it will happen as the game is moving away from homogenization not towards it.

I agree with most of the other posters here, if you want to DPS and Heal at the same time, go Disc in Legion. There is no need to make all healers do this.

They did give all healers the ability to do some DPS when they get bored - however, this does not provide healing, just pure damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite time healing in WoW BY FAR was back in Dragon Soul on my Resto Shaman.
    The Telluric Currents talent allowed me to use my biggest, most expensive heals during high damage phases and regain my lost mana by spamming lightning bolt during down time. I wish they would have kept this playstyle as an option because it was hella fun.