Need some help. New Build, mostly Legion

Hello.

First of all, sry for the bad language. I'm a native german speaker.
    I know you get requests like this almost every day, but i need some help i couldn't find in other topics.

Current Build:
    Board: Asus M4A78T-E
    CPU: AMD Phenom x4 955
    Cooling: Scythe Mugen2
    Graphic: AMD HD 7850 2GB
    Memory: 12 GB. should be some Hyperx, but not sure
    Storage: Samsung Evo 250GB
    Powersupply: not sure
    Windows 7 64bit

so I really need some updates.

Budget
    1000-1500 €
    Resolution
    got a Acer S242HLDbid 60,1 cm (24 Zoll) Monitor (VGA, HDMI, 1ms Reaktionszeit, EEK A)
    Games / Settings Desired
    mostly WoW Legion. some Overwatch
    be save for other new games
    Multitasking: some Movies / Streams on 2nd Monitor
    Country
    Austria
    Parts that can be reused
    Storage i think. Maybe some of the memory
    Do you need an OS?
    Don't think so. Free W10 Upgrade?
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?
    No

I would really appreciate if you could help me.
    Thanks.

Greetings.

Deleted
    Will link you a rig with Germany prices, Austria shouldn't be far off i think. I won't include an ssd since you can re-use your old one but if you want your current pc to function you can just buy another samsung ssd for your need pc. I dont think you need an i7 6700k from what you describe so the i5 should be enough and 100euro less expensive.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (€246.57 @ Mindfactory)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler (€58.99 @ Aquatuning)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€142.84 @ Mindfactory)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory (€67.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€52.85 @ Mindfactory)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card (€506.99 @ Mindfactory)
    Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400S ATX Mid Tower Case (€85.45 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (€90.92 @ Mindfactory)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit (€98.44 @ Mindfactory)
    Total: €1350.94
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-30 12:04 CEST+0200
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2016-06-30 at 10:07 AM.

looking in the future. will the i5 survive 5years+ like my last one. or is the i7 the better pick here?
    could the i5 handle gaming and some multitasking on a 2nd monitor easy?

also. for the 1070. i'm a bit suprised of the price range. saw some 1070 around 400 bucks.
    i heard something about new amd gpu's. wait for the amd or go with the 1070, because they are awesome?

operating system. would you recommend to switch to 10. or stay with the 7?
    you listened a win8. never heard something good about 8. your opinion?

and yes, will take the storage out of my old one. currently 3 devices in. the evo. a western digital 2tb. and an old raptor.
    Last edited by Xetsch; 2016-06-30 at 09:59 AM.

Deleted
    If all you do is gaming the i5 is enough. If you were doing alot-regular video editing i would say grab the i7 then. Longetivity will be the same, it depends what you need the cpu to do. Gaming, 5years with this one should be solid.

There are some cheaper 1070's but those are the reference models not with aftermarket cooling solutions, you should avoid those. The new amd coming out is the RX480 which is expected to be really good for the value. We don't know how exactly will perform but is expected to be somewhere between a current gtx970-r9 390. I chose the 1070 which is better but also more expensive but again will hold you there for more years and fits in the budget. It will also play 1440p just find with all current games if you decide to upgrade that down the road.

About the os it was a misclick. I had win10 in mind and aparently i pressed the option above the one i intended, my apologies,i will edit the list.

Also for the case, which is somewhat personal preference, what you like, your taste etc. You can choose another you like and ask us if it is of good quality, has decent cooling, dust filters etc.

okay thanks. will look in some shops shipping to me. will report back if they can't deliver things on my list.
    case... i like the case. my current one is a antec 300. remembers me of the new one.

lookd my current power supply up. it's a be quiet! Pure Power 630 Watt ATX V2.3 N. 4years old. recommendation. get a new one for the new build, or pick the old one?

- - - Updated - - -

after research... mindfactory will be the best way to get the parts.

whats the points speaking for the evga 1070? difference between the zoatec amp extreme or the msi armor edition?

just another question. there are red and blue versions of the corsair vengeance. if my research is correct, they are faster?
    you pickd the black ones, because they will be fine for my needings? maybe someone could tell me the difference. should be something about the timings i think?

is the powersupply really enough? i had something of 600w+ for gaming rigs in mind. do new parts need less power?
    sry for the questions, i'm just that typ of guy who want's some background why pick this and this
    Last edited by Xetsch; 2016-06-30 at 11:41 AM.

Deleted
    Get a new psu, simple as that. 550w for the setup is fine, max load (very rare) will be under 400w. A good quality psu like the one i linked has plenty of headroom already. Watts aren't everything, ie crap psu that say 700w that are 500w in reality cause they cant get the amps or even the efficiency they say they do.

I don't understand what you mean by "whats the points for evga1070"? You mean why this one particular? If so then first of all you want to avoid any Founders edition cause that is what the new reference models by nvidia are. From the aftermarket solutions the Zotac i simply have 0 experience with it and its not an "A" brand for me like asus,gigabyte,msi,evga. The difference between msi and evga was 2euro. Basically nothing, the evga is a little higher clocked tho and is a little smaller in length/width thus why i went with it. We don't know which one is more quiet, i haven't seen any benchmarks out yet.

For the ram i just went with the cheapest one. Color means nothing other aesthetics. Anything with 2400/2666/3000Mhz will be fine really. If you can find 2666 cheaper than 2400 go with it. For gaming the impact between those 3 is pretty much nothing. Theoretically the higher Mhz ram could be better with higher cpu overclocks, ie more headroom for ram but thats debatable and depends on what you wanna do with it.

edit: about the gpu, there are higher clocked models as well but they will be more expensive and i don't see them available atm at all. Dunno how much are you in a hurry since you got some budget headroom. Again dunno if it will be worth it much for you atm, budget wise, since you are at 1080p.
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2016-06-30 at 01:34 PM.

so. if i could snag a GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming, i will be fine?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xetsch View Post
    so. if i could snag a GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming, i will be fine?
    That would be my first personal choice

We probably need to find another case tho. Cause the G1 is 280mm exactly how much the case can support with drive cages, so it will be a very tight fit.

- - - Updated - - -

Another two good options for case i would say:

NZXT S340 (Black/Red) @80euro
    Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic @ 92euro

okay =)
    then i think i need some help with the case. the vendor doesn't have the case you suggested. and i'm not willing to pay 20bucks shipping to the other vendor, just for the case, if there is another solution.

the NZXT is available. just some optical difference to the first case. or some useful things?
    Last edited by Xetsch; 2016-06-30 at 02:00 PM.

Deleted
    Which one? you refering to the original one or the other two i linked?

was refering to the original one. the vendor doesn't have phantek case's.
    but as i can see, mostly all others.
    » Aerocool (57)» Antec (20)» be quiet! (18)» Chenbro (2)» Chieftec (38)» CM Storm (1)» Cooler Master (26)» Cooltek (30)» Corsair (41)» Enermax (7)» Fractal Design (20)» Lian Li (79)» MS-TECH (12)» Nanoxia (9)» NZXT (36)» Sharkoon (48)» SilverStone (36)» Thermaltake (47)» Zalman (21)

Deleted
    okay =)
    the NZXT is available. just some optical difference to the first case. or some useful things?
    Both the NZXT S340 and Phanteks Enthoo pro M are good cases. Comes down to personal preference mostly. The three differences of those 2 cases i linked together that i know off is that the phanteks got 2x140mm included while NZXT has 2x120mm fans. Phanteks also supports optical drive bay if needed. The NZXT support 2+1 internal 2.5" and 3.5" drives but Phanteks only 2x3.5" and 1x2.5" drives. To get the full 7 drives support on the Phanteks you will have to buy additional drive bays.

- - - Updated - - -

was refering to the original one. the vendor doesn't have phantek case's.
    but as i can see, mostly all others.
    » Aerocool (57)» Antec (20)» be quiet! (18)» Chenbro (2)» Chieftec (38)» CM Storm (1)» Cooler Master (26)» Cooltek (30)» Corsair (41)» Enermax (7)» Fractal Design (20)» Lian Li (79)» MS-TECH (12)» Nanoxia (9)» NZXT (36)» Sharkoon (48)» SilverStone (36)» Thermaltake (47)» Zalman (21)
    Which vendor is that then? link?

vendor is alternate (dot) at.

Deleted
    From what i can see @ alternate, the 3 options i would reckon in the order that i list them:

- NZXT S340
    - Fractal Design Define S
    - Corsair Carbide Clear 400C

okay thanks. they have no space for optical drives i think? so some external device if i need some.
    can't remember the last time i used my optical ... but you never know. maybe you find some old discs with nice games =)

okay thanks. they have no space for optical drives i think? so some external device if i need some.
    can't remember the last time i used my optical ... but you never know. maybe you find some old discs with nice games =)
    Then just download the games elsewhere. Easy enough to do, I do it all the time. Download the .iso from some site, use the key I already have. Nothing wrong or illegal about that if you actually own the discs. Or buy an external drive. I have one of those too, though I never really use it. It's nice though, because I have 4 PCs in my home and I can us it on any of them if needed. Usually stays on the PC hooked up to the TV for watching stuff.

just send my order. i would really thank Kostattoo for the help. you are awesome.