Thread: Season 7

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    -snip-
    Major issue here. Blizzard basically believes that sets should be what define character builds, so it's either more sets or rebalancing of current ones. Or more legendaries for the same sets. But that doesn't change the fact that someone will therycraft the shit out of them and everyone will go for the "GR 8169685918659+ best build".

Actually, taking out some exceptions where the set is simply not viable at endgame (lolwastes) other sets are pretty balanced. Problem is some classes have a better synergy and the "meta" will always revolve around the same stuff - there's space for only one #1.

Problem is that Blizzard recently "addressed" the Wastes issues: they're fine with it being crap because ddue to the damage mechanics (tornadoes, rend, etc) servers simply cannot handle it and they're fine with people not playing it. Or in their words they're "happy with the set filling a niche goal". LINKY HERE

There's a completely different direction between what players want/need and what Blizzard thinks is good for the game. And i suppose it's due to the itemization system which was designed around sets and they don't actually have much room around it until they break everything and redo from scratch.

Atm our and their best bet is the Paragon system. Revamping it is way easier and instead of it being a passive +stats increase table it can become some sort of huge talent tree that grants new powers/effects to our character. This way we will have a major degree of customization with builds and a more interesting reason to play more after we're done with the season journey (or even non season).

And obviusly we need more endgame stuff than GRs. ounties are good only for reagents which you won't need after you've found your items (pretty fast) and the GRs become the best source for everything, not counting the ONLY source for increasing Legendary gems levels.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I think I'm done with Season! Finally got Guardian done.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Major issue here. Blizzard basically believes that sets should be what define character builds, so it's either more sets or rebalancing of current ones. Or more legendaries for the same sets. But that doesn't change the fact that someone will therycraft the shit out of them and everyone will go for the "GR 8169685918659+ best build".

Actually, taking out some exceptions where the set is simply not viable at endgame (lolwastes) other sets are pretty balanced. Problem is some classes have a better synergy and the "meta" will always revolve around the same stuff - there's space for only one #1.

Problem is that Blizzard recently "addressed" the Wastes issues: they're fine with it being crap because ddue to the damage mechanics (tornadoes, rend, etc) servers simply cannot handle it and they're fine with people not playing it. Or in their words they're "happy with the set filling a niche goal". LINKY HERE

There's a completely different direction between what players want/need and what Blizzard thinks is good for the game. And i suppose it's due to the itemization system which was designed around sets and they don't actually have much room around it until they break everything and redo from scratch.

Atm our and their best bet is the Paragon system. Revamping it is way easier and instead of it being a passive +stats increase table it can become some sort of huge talent tree that grants new powers/effects to our character. This way we will have a major degree of customization with builds and a more interesting reason to play more after we're done with the season journey (or even non season).

And obviusly we need more endgame stuff than GRs. ounties are good only for reagents which you won't need after you've found your items (pretty fast) and the GRs become the best source for everything, not counting the ONLY source for increasing Legendary gems levels.
    If that's where they're going to stay, I can't say I'd be much interested in the game, unless everything else around the sets were revamped/changed/expanded on. It's a shame.

Finally i am done too with S7. It's been a drag tbh - mostly because of the 3x50 caldesann grind; which could have been avoided if i did everything else before and used the leveld up gems socketed on ancient gear. however it felt very cheap and not immune from workarounds, so i must say it's not been a fancy trip (may have been due to Barbarian being the class of choice this time).

Now we need to wait for Blizzcon and see what it's going to be announced. Because SOMETHING is going to be announced, right?

P.S: i'm going to do Avarice as conquest each time it's available. Doing a couple of sessions t10 split bounties is a nice break from GRs, gameplay is much faster and then opening 170 crates all together is nice to fill the entire screen of stuff

Meh, i came back to season 7 few days ago because i didn't want to leave the journal incomplete but i'm hating the t13 speed run achievement. Of course it's easy to do it when you have 3 other players fully geared but this late is hard to find them and i can't be bothered to spam chats for that... I wonder why they still put them in since it's again about finding a high density rift and some money pylons in good positions.... bah.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    Meh, i came back to season 7 few days ago because i didn't want to leave the journal incomplete but i'm hating the t13 speed run achievement. Of course it's easy to do it when you have 3 other players fully geared but this late is hard to find them and i can't be bothered to spam chats for that... I wonder why they still put them in since it's again about finding a high density rift and some money pylons in good positions.... bah.
    best bet is just running random t13 rift games - more than once you'll find pretty strong people as they're the only ones still interested in playing - you should be able to do it in a short time. Also, you'll have to be the ass that ports to town as soon the boss pops out and close th rift immediately (it can net you 20-30 seconds).

I gave up a a couple of weeks into the season after getting the stash because of OW I think. Don't like that the same season is still going on, they should be faster with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I gave up a a couple of weeks into the season after getting the stash because of OW I think. Don't like that the same season is still going on, they should be faster with them.
    Imho it's more a problem of "there's nothing much to do and power creep is too fast" than of "seasons are too long".

Well, my stubborness paid off and i managed to do the speed run solo. I rushed the last augument and finished this journey... Too bad i have no more reasons to play D3 until next season, which makes me sad. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    Well, my stubborness paid off and i managed to do the speed run solo. I rushed the last augument and finished this journey... Too bad i have no more reasons to play D3 until next season, which makes me sad. :S
    Which is the whole D3 problem XD Seasons are actually fun at beginning but while i'm fine with journey being doable in a short time, i'm totally not fine with the game basically revolving around this or ladders.

Well, i guess i was "barely" on time to finish that journal; season 7 will end on the 14th of October and 8 will start on the 21th of the same month. Point is, there is no ptr or new patch on the horizon, so it seems season 8 will be on patch 2.4.2 again...

Yeah, i've read it. To me is a pretty bad announcement. New season with no new stuff and until they're reserving everything for the one after blizzcon, well, it's too late. Everything starts to look more and more maintenance mode and i don't like it at all.

Yeah what a lazy 'mail it in' season before Blizzcon. At least change up some item sets so it feels a little different. I am not playing s8, just not happening after s7 was pretty lackluster with top wiz builds being variations of archon.

A lot of diablo staff were working on legion. Now that is done, they will focus on d4 and d3 will just have to suffer sadly

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    A lot of diablo staff were working on legion. Now that is done, they will focus on d4 and d3 will just have to suffer sadly
    I don't think it will ever happen. Especially like this - it would be admitting the game was a design failure and it would be an incredible bad reputation hit.

If anything is going to happen, it's more likley to have a new game in the Diablo universe but that has nothing to do with the ARPGs. Metzen did even mention that Diablo was meant to be a trilogy, so i don't really get all the D4 bandwagon.

As if D4 will magically solve any issue. They would have to trash all the structure made for D3 and develop an entirely new game.

If anything happens at Blizzcon, it would be 2.5 or an expansion if they pull it out of the hat (which is VERY unlikely). Or D2HD.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I don't think it will ever happen. Especially like this - it would be admitting the game was a design failure and it would be an incredible bad reputation hit.

If anything is going to happen, it's more likley to have a new game in the Diablo universe but that has nothing to do with the ARPGs. Metzen did even mention that Diablo was meant to be a trilogy, so i don't really get all the D4 bandwagon.

As if D4 will magically solve any issue. They would have to trash all the structure made for D3 and develop an entirely new game.

If anything happens at Blizzcon, it would be 2.5 or an expansion if they pull it out of the hat (which is VERY unlikely). Or D2HD.
    I think they can probably concede their rep already took a big hit with d3 and its launch/initial player retention.

Its not blizzard north, we don't have to wait 10 years for a new game now. D3 got 10mill+ physical sales alone. Thats tempting to make d4 just to get the sales alone.

What can they add to the current d3 system? I'm really not sure how you drag out life in games like diablo/exile etc.

The GR grind gets tired quick though. Seasons are probably a good start. Also some form of PVP would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I think they can probably concede their rep already took a big hit with d3 and its launch/initial player retention.

Its not blizzard north, we don't have to wait 10 years for a new game now. D3 got 10mill+ physical sales alone. Thats tempting to make d4 just to get the sales alone.

What can they add to the current d3 system? I'm really not sure how you drag out life in games like diablo/exile etc.

The GR grind gets tired quick though. Seasons are probably a good start. Also some form of PVP would be nice
    Well, THIS http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=16000WX just came out.

It specifies "Diablo 3" so definitely something is coming. The dimension of this "something" are unknown.