Deleted

New graphic card

So my old one a r9 290 has a problem it randomly crashes the computer when not under load ( never happens while playing video games)
    the question is what to buy for 250-300€ is the xfx 480 8gb worth it or is it better to buy a gtx 970. Thanks

For you budget, get the new AMD RX480. $199 for 4gb and $239 for 8gb.

If you want more power, I suspect the GTX1060 (when it is released) mightbe a bit better similar price (which is based purely on nothing). If you aren't bothered at all by tech and just want to play games, then get a 970.
    Last edited by willtron; 2016-06-30 at 10:34 AM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    the 8gb here is 296€ and the 4gb is 246€ i already ordered a 8gb one but canceled the order after seeing the rewievs so i came here to see what u guys think is it worth to get one

Quote Originally Posted by alexis232991 View Post
    the 8gb here is 296€ and the 4gb is 246€ i already ordered a 8gb one but canceled the order after seeing the rewievs so i came here to see what u guys think is it worth to get one
    But the reviews are really good?
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

Deleted
    lots of people selling their old cards atm so you can probably get a used 970 at amazing price. you might want to check that out first.

Deleted
    they were good pre realase :P
    lots of people selling their old cards atm so you can probably get a used 970 at amazing price. you might want to check that out first.
    dont want a used one :<

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    There was a lot of concern that the 480 is drawing more power from the PCIE slot than the specifications allow (>150 watt). This risks poor performance or even damaging the motherboard.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    There was a lot of concern that the 480 is drawing more power from the PCIE slot than the specifications allow (>150 watt). This risks poor performance or even damaging the motherboard.
    Yeah just read about that. Damn, that's bad. Reports of ~200W peak in Witcher 3 with no OC. AMD done goofed.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

Deleted
    yea it sucks its really hard to replace a r9 290 with that money all the cards for that money are close together damn