Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Broseph Stalin View Post

New figures are in and tell a different story, apparently.
    Is west mercia like the center for police in the UK, or is that just one precinct representing about a million people? Because I'm pretty sure it's the latter. It also would probably make sense to compare the incidents not to the week prior to the vote, but to the year prior to the vote, you know, how people who bother looking at trends tend to do. This isn't so much about what happened after the vote, but how the vote in general affects the UK with regards to hate crimes. At least, I think that's what it's about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Is west mercia like the center for police in the UK, or is that just one precinct representing about a million people? Because I'm pretty sure it's the latter. It also would probably make sense to compare the incidents not to the week prior to the vote, but to the year prior to the vote, you know, how people who bother looking at trends tend to do. This isn't so much about what happened after the vote, but how the vote in general affects the UK with regards to hate crimes. At least, I think that's what it's about.
    They are only having 4-10 incidents, I am not sure you can read too much into any comparisons when a couple of people can make a huge impact on the figures.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    You do realize you're setting up a segregated society and inviting race-wars, right? Because that is the only outcome of NOT being politically correct leads to,
    I don't see why nationalism entails race wars, but that would be a frustrating conversation with lots of assumptions that would never go anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    The Leave side is racist xenophobic ignorant bigots. And no matter how hard you try and pretend they aren't...they are.
    What a close-minded blanket statement and what an even more lazy, obnoxious and intellectually dishonest "argument".

You're literally Hitler. And no matter how hard you try and pretend you aren't... you are.

Hey, that's pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    But that makes you look ignorant and petulant. Yes a % are what you say but not 100%
    I don't care anymore.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

This issue is an absolute for me. If you voted Leave you are either xenophobic, racist, ignorant or stupid, or any combination thereof.
    If you are incapable of grasping the pros and cons of both sides in a clear and pronounced controversy, you are not a deep thinker.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care anymore.
    You doing exactly what you accuse the people you are castigating of doing, nullifies any argument you may have had.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    You do realize you're setting up a segregated society and inviting race-wars, right? Because that is the only outcome of NOT being politically correct leads to,
    "The Insane" is a very apt forum title for you.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

This issue is an absolute for me. If you voted Leave you are either xenophobic, racist, ignorant or stupid, or any combination thereof.
    Looks like someone gets his facts from facebook.
    Are you british? Did you vote remain? if so did you vote remain because david Beckham said so....bwahaha.

Only thing hilarious about all this is the pure whine from the remain voters and how they hide behind the 'racist' arguemnt because its all you have got.
    Way to go though sticking all 17million voters into the same basket just because a minority of fucktard kids with bad upbringing goes around making threats.
    You no different than the people you talk about.
    You fucking Bigot!

Stopped taking the post seriously when I seen the name Sadiq Khan. Who the fuck is he to preach about tolerance? Seen his rallies where the women were forced to stay in the back? Plus hes banned images showing scantily clad women on subway ads.

How tolerant of you muslim mayor

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    They are only having 4-10 incidents, I am not sure you can read too much into any comparisons when a couple of people can make a huge impact on the figures.
    I was pointing out how stupid that graphic was as an argument of anything. You shouldn't be looking at one district, you should be looking at countrywide figures. The discussion should be revolving around the increase year from year as opposed to week from week. The reasons I mentioned (although, looking back, didn't quite explain thoroughly enough) basically revolve around dealing with too few numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Than I am not sure what you are talking about, other than pure xenophobia. The US is a country of immigrants, unless you are a Native American you have no case to stand on.
    This is a fallacy. The immigrants you're referring to arrived in the U.S. when it didn't have any national (or international) identity and was essentially a wandering ground for hunter-gatherer tribes. These immigrants then turned the U.S. into an established nation with things such as laws, borders and civilization that did not consist of mobile leather tents.

We still accept legal immigrants, obviously, but there are rules now. We don't have some obligation to take you in if you have no interest in obeying these rules.

I'm kind of trying to figure out why the topic of Brexit isn't moving along to the logical next step: How long until Germany leaves the EU?

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I'm kind of trying to figure out why the topic of Brexit isn't moving along to the logical next step: How long until Germany leaves the EU?
    Germany is more interested in turning Europe into a bunch of unified states under a single national banner. Makes it easier to flood the place with poorly-educated vagrants who you can then tax into (continued) poverty.

And then we got morons on these forums that say racism towards white people doesn't exist...

Absolutely disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by hachidori View Post
    This is a fallacy. The immigrants you're referring to arrived in the U.S. when it didn't have any national (or international) identity and was essentially a wandering ground for hunter-gatherer tribes. These immigrants then turned the U.S. into an established nation with things such as laws, borders and civilization that did not consist of mobile leather tents.

We still accept legal immigrants, obviously, but there are rules now. We don't have some obligation to take you in if you have no interest in obeying these rules.
    Just because people from europe ignored that they had nations doesn't mean they didn't have nations. It also ignores all the unchecked legal immigration that happened after the US was established.

Quote Originally Posted by hachidori View Post
    Germany is more interested in turning Europe into a bunch of unified states under a single national banner. Makes it easier to flood the place with poorly-educated vagrants who you can then tax into (continued) poverty.
    Well, I'm not super up on my European politics but, with the UK gone, doesn't that kind of leave Germany to sort of pay for it all, if you will? To be the financial security and stability behind it all?

You take your frustrations out on those right in front of you (Immigrants) Rather than the powerful Govt who would squash you in a second (right or wrong it makes no difference) .

Seems to be normal through History.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Just because people from europe ignored that they had nations doesn't mean they didn't have nations. It also ignores all the unchecked legal immigration that happened after the US was established.
    No, the native Americans did not have nations. They had tribes they belonged to, but these were plentiful, small and rarely cooperated with each other. They had no sense of territory or law. They did whatever got them and their tribe more access to food and land right now and never once formed a system even resembling a government. They were literally nothing more than a scattered mob of hunter-gatherer societies.

When European settlers started doing things like building real architecture and establishing permanent settlements and trade systems, 99% of the native tribes wanted in on it because they acknowledged it was way more beneficial than what they were doing. They retained some cultural and traditional tools, yes, but the amount of natives who gladly gave up their way of life in exchange for things like guns or wagons was massive. They only began to form a sense of contention when they (correctly) began to realize that it would be inevitable these foreign settlers would outbreed them, take up all the land and casually drive them into extinction.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    This is not about illegal immigrants. He just said immigration. As for the other stuff, that is not how the Native Americans see it. Talk to some, I have.
    Losing wars has consequences. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You doing exactly what you accuse the people you are castigating of doing, nullifies any argument you may have had.
    I've said before. I refuse to be reasonable on this issue. That option went away for me last week Friday morning. This has become an absolute black and white issue, in my mind, and I consciously chose that, because I believe that is the best way to strike back at what happened.

Nuance and reason failed. Time to be unreasonable.