Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    That's just you being incapable or unwilling to understand the arguments to leave, which makes it very ironic that you're calling them unintelligent.
    There haven't been many coherent ones that weren't based on utter bullshit though.

"There are too many immigrants" is not really an argument. If you consider more than just the number of people entering the country from EU.

"We give them too much money" is not really an argument. If you consider more than just the bottom line we supposedly donate.

If you'd care to provide more arguments then fine. Self determination is also kinda weak, if you consider the inherent undemocratic structure of British parliament.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

That's just you being incapable or unwilling to understand the arguments to leave, which makes it very ironic that you're calling them unintelligent.
    Well they've done polling that indicates that more educated people voted stay, IQ and education level tend to be correlated in developed Western countries. The arguments to leave beyond simple xenophobia aren't very good, as we're seeing via the economic fallout from the decision.

The better solution would have been to try to negotiate with the EU before leaving.

Every single one of their arguments is either simply emotional, utterly unrelated to the EU or migration, or straight up made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad atmosphere? Is this is weirdly disguised global warming thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    How fucking stupid would you have to be, to decide that you hate every SINGLE person that happens to hold a different view than your own, and think that's a reasonable position to hold. Get over it.
    I said it before and I'll say it again.

I have zero tolerance left for xenophobia, nativism, stupidity and ignorance. If you voted Leave you squarely fall into one or all of those 4 categories.
    Which means your views and you are contemptible.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Though technically about BREXIT we won't be going into political reasons etc and more discuss the atmosphere from the people I personally experience.

Firstly I voted for neither IN or OUT but my family voted OUT. What I have noticed however is a really uncomfortable atmosphere that emulates the nastiness of the campaign. I'll try and give examples.

I was talking to a EU resident that lives here who had always being passive. However after the results he's become hostile towards British people and lamenting how nobody wants him here. I also heard another couple trash talking REMAIN voters as traitors. One of my nurses is upset we voted OUT and it's really awkward. Even my own mother talks about it in a way that's uncomfortable. That's not even mentioning FB where alleged friends are turning on each other. I even watched a comedy show about it which ultimately wasn't funny and just uncomfortable viewing.

For me I feel in the middle because I have friends and loved ones from both sides and have to listen to the nastiness. Anybody else feeling this
    Ya, who knew foreigners take it bad when you tell them to fuck off and have an upsurge in racist epithets directed their way. Who knew having many of your colleagues having an uncertain future makes nurses upset (go figure, a lot of your medical personnel is imported). Who knew that people don't like finding out how xenophobic their friends are. Who knew that people don't like others who vote to cause instability. I find it hard to call people immature when they act badly towards people who are actively working against their best interests.

Leave voters who expected anything but discord from this are clueless. If they're calling people who voted remain traitors, remind them that they're the ones who are pushing the UK towards dissolution again.

If you're caught in the middle on this then you don't care enough about the issue.

Genuinely Revi as someone who's proven themselves intelligent, and thoughtful, if you are able to provide a strong argument for this massive bill we're making for ourselves I'm all ears, it will be a lot less depressing knowing that this shit-storm actually has a potential silver lining :P

From what I can tell we've just shown ourselves to be impressionable fools and are running a fee into the billions to pay for showing the world we are impressionable fools. So I'll take anything at this point :P
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    The thing is that Remain side is right and the Leave side is wrong, and those who voted leave are exactly that, unintelligent working class cretins, with a good dose of racists and lunatics on the side.
    Thank you for proving my point, you have zero idea why people ultimately want to get out of EU, you just view them as cretins, you don't like democracy, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Also this idea that it is EU immigration policy's fault for local unemployment just doesn't make sense to me. Why are the immigrants taking your jobs? Because they are willing to pay less.
    This is delusional bullshit, and again show the lack of understanding why people have issues with immigrants taking their jobs at much lower wages.

The fact that people like you spout "Well it's your fault for not working cheaper" emphasis how clueless you actually are.
    You honestly expect people to go down in wages when they have families to pay for? bills? taxes? Something immigrants often don't have to.

Fuck, i can even say this out of personal experience.
    Over half of the companies in my line of work in this city have had to shut down due to poles coming here taking jobs at much lower wages and prices, that native's stand no chance of competing with, people like you expect the companies to go down in wages and prices, completely throwing living costs out of the equation.
    Meanwhile poles can just work in a shithole apartment, send money back home, and go back home when the work season is over.
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2016-06-30 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Thank you for proving my point, you have zero idea why people ultimately want to get out of EU, you just view them as cretins, you don't like democracy, simple as that.
    I'd even take a response or argument for you, if indeed there is one.

It's all very well saying "Ugh the remain voters think themselves so superior" and say we treat the leave voters are cretins but you haven't provided any evidence that they are not... Until you can manage that you won't be swaying anyones feels on the matter.

No it isn't inately obvious that 50% of a country can't all be cretins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atleast you still have footba-oh...
    Wales are still in it, so Britain is still represented.

Not that I would support them in a million years and in fact I hope they get stuffed in their next game, mainly because they knocked out Norn Iron, but nevertheless Britain is still in the Euros.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Wales are still in it, so Britain is still represented.

Not that I would support them in a million years and in fact I hope they get stuffed in their next game, mainly because they knocked out Norn Iron, but nevertheless Britain is still in the Euros.
    Eeesh, have a little grace...

Deleted
    I hope England gonna suffer a huge recession. Your people made a mistake that makes not only you suffer but the Europe as a whole. Selfish pricks, with one retarded decision you have destabilized Europe for years to come.

In representative democracy a referendum like this should have never been called. Universal suffrage means that the only qualifications required to vote are 18 years of age and a body temperature around 37C. A tremendous number of people lack the political acumen, intellectual capacity or education to be capable of making educated decisions on such complicated and important issues as EU membership.

This is why people elect representatives who ought to make an educated vote in a parliament for something that is in the best interest of their constituency.

To quote Bill Maher from an unrelated issues.

10 billions flies eat shit. That doesn't mean shit is delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post

It's all very well saying "Ugh the remain voters think themselves so superior" and say we treat the leave voters are cretins but you haven't provided any evidence that they are not... Until you can manage that you won't be swaying anyones feels on the matter.

Yeah and this bullshit boils down to "they have different opinions from me, so they are unintelligent"

Drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    In representative democracy a referendum like this should have never been called. Universal suffrage means that the only qualifications required to vote are 18 years of age and a body temperature around 37C. A tremendous number of people lack the political acumen, intellectual capacity or education to be capable of making educated decisions on such complicated and important issues as EU membership.

This is why people elect representatives who ought to make an educated vote in a parliament for something that is in the best interest of their constituency.

To quote Bill Maher from an unrelated issues.

10 billions flies eat shit. That doesn't mean shit is delicious.
    Suck it up, the world isn't ending, you don't get to sit there on your high horse and smack talk people.
    Stop fantasizing that you are intellectually superior to everyone else, it's a pathetic display.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I personally hoped people would be mature enough to respect others democratic vote and not get personal
    A fuck ton of jobs are on the line (including my own) because some fucking tits don't like brown people in their country.
    How the fuck do you think we should be responding?

And then we get flooded with exit voters that are sorry, they were trolling because they never thought it would happen or fucking idiots that or fucking idiots like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNK0i9RGGwY
    Last edited by mmoc8b9477f07c; 2016-06-30 at 02:05 PM.

Genuinely Revi as someone who's proven themselves intelligent, and thoughtful, if you are able to provide a strong argument for this massive bill we're making for ourselves I'm all ears, it will be a lot less depressing knowing that this shit-storm actually has a potential silver lining :P

From what I can tell we've just shown ourselves to be impressionable fools and are running a fee into the billions to pay for showing the world we are impressionable fools. So I'll take anything at this point :P
    Take a chill pill and call me in the morning. Within four years, Brexit will have had 0 impact on the UK economy. I predict that within two years UK will at level as to what they were before Brexit, why ? Basic economy, right now the pound has lost purchasing power, but it also means that UK goods are 20% cheaper than they used to be, though the pound is slowly rising again (as is the stock markets around the world) the companies in Britian stand to earn a ton of money from better exports. Over the course of the years, when this has settled, things will go back to what they used to, with one major difference Britian can now act out of self interest, and do what they find is best for themselves.
    The story these days are a massive influx of tourists booking trips to britain from China & the far east, due to now beign able to purchase Luxury goods cheaper, this is good news for Burberry and other such British brands. Hell I've even considered going to Britian again, though having visited London 10 times all ready. So you see, things are never as gloomy as the politicians want's you to belive, and no the sky aint falling any time soon.

Yeah and this bullshit boils down to "they have different opinions from me, so they are unintelligent"

Drivel.
    It's okay if you can't think of one. I just wouldn't have bothered responding though.

I'll wait for Revi and see if he can come up with one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Well they've done polling that indicates that more educated people voted stay, IQ and education level tend to be correlated in developed Western countries. The arguments to leave beyond simple xenophobia aren't very good, as we're seeing via the economic fallout from the decision.

The better solution would have been to try to negotiate with the EU before leaving.
    "Not very good" is completely subjective though. Self determination is a strong argument to me, weak to others. Purely racist arguments aren't very good to me, but having the power to control your own borders is a strong one - an argument that's been abused by both sides a ridiculous amount (we'll drown in immigrants vs. they're all racists and probably love Hitler)

The economic fallout is much to do with uncertainty, and long term will depend on how much the EU want to punish the UK and it's own members to force others to stay in - both sides were well aware of that, but not everyone votes for their own wallet. One side can call that unintelligent, the other can call it having values beyond greed. It's all in how you spin in based on your own position.

I would have voted to stay in if I was a brit, but the level of dishonesty and mud slinging on both sides have been disgusting and unfortunately have made people feel validated in believing that only the opinion of people they agree with are valid and the rest are idiots.

From the perspective of a Norwegian (we're not in the EU, but in EEA and Schengen among others), we're very happy not to be in the EU, and can relate to a lot of the factual arguments of the leave-side. We have pretty much the same trade opportunities and free travel, but we're in control of many areas of structuring and controlling our own areas and laws in ways that EU members are not. We're not happy to be out of the EU because we're a bunch of racists or because we're all uneducated idiots with low IQ.

Honestly, if the arguments to stay in were all so great and the arguments to leave were all so horrible, there wouldn't have been as big of a focus on calling the other side idiots, racists and warning of imminent doom and total destruction if they left. Again, I would have voted to stay, but people need some perspective beyond the fearmongering an propaganda they've been fed throughout the campaign.

It's okay if you can't think of one. I just wouldn't have bothered responding though.

I'll wait for Revi and see if he can come up with one.
    Implying you are putting out any arguments yourself.

10+ Year Old Account

The UK will survive, in a good state as well - leaving means that we will not be in as good a position as remaining, but the doom and gloom is unwarranted.

Lots of people voted out of fear, they saw jobs prospects being taken by foreign people, they saw themselves priced out of housing due to an influx of foreign people into an area.

Not all their fears were justified, but the political establishment were not doing anything for them, they were not even listening to their fears. Just look at how many people who are in Labour strongholds voted to leave, yet how many Labour MPs were in the leave camp? Those people were unrepresented in Parliament.

Hopefully politicians will learn from this and in the future will actually listen to their constituencies, obviously that will never happen, but we can hope.