Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    So because it's unpopular, it's okay to not include content that exists in the original game? I fail to see how that invalidates everything else that I've written, but okay.

Sure, they never claimed that it was going into the remaster, but that doesn't excuse the fact that it's not present in the remaster. And no, saying "if you like it, go play the original game" doesn't excuse it, either.
    When you want to be cynical just for the sake of being cynical, you lose all sanity and post stuff like this.

Don't be like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    "If you don't like it, you just don't understand it!" is the worst argument ever. It makes giant assumptions and makes you look like you think your opinion is absolute fact.

I understood it just fine, I still don't like the ending. I also think the game's the worst of the Bioshock games (not bad, mind you), but that's more from a gameplay perspective, which I value more than story in FPS games.

I'm not really convinced that you understood it just fine. If you did, I honestly think it'd be impossible to dismiss the story that easily. It was that good. But unless you play it at least twice, play the DLC and read up on all of it, it's difficult to fully grasp and there are definitely things you miss the first time around. In my opinion, it's the best written story in a game, ever. On top of everything, they successfully tied the original game in with it and made the whole series that much more incredible.

Gameplay wise, it was pretty good, but not the best ever. But it was fun if you mixed and matched gear and vigors to create a good combo. I think it's about tied with the 2nd game in that department, possibly a hair under it, with the original coming in last but still good. Now if we're talking about how exciting the gameplay was overall, Infinite wins because of all the cinematic moments it created for you. But I'm just talking strictly about combat. The DLC (episode 2) also completely changes up how you play the game and turns it into a stealth game.

It's by far one of the most gorgeous games ever made and completely shits on the previous 2 in that department. They were both gorgeous games for what they were but they just can't compare to the beauty of Infinite. It also ran 100x better and was very well optimized. Even the new remasters run like shit and are plagued with decade old problems, which is why they're getting destroyed on Steam right now, which is unfortunate because they're incredible games.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Finished the first Bioshock (PS4). Such a good game. The ending was a bit abrupt though, the credits started rolling almost instantly after the final voice over ended. Apart from a few stuttering audio diaries it was problem free and very smooth overall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    They said from the get go they where never putting the multiplayer in the remaster. They didn't remove anything- it was never in the remaster and it's still in the original version. You understand to remove something it has to be there in the first place right?
    Multiplayer was there in the first place? What about advanced video options? Were they not there in the first place ?

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Multiplayer was there in the first place? What about advanced video options? Were they not there in the first place ?
    Typical, have no retort for a point so try to jump through a loop into another issue not even being commented on.

Deleted
    Typical, have no retort for a point so try to jump through a loop into another issue not even being commented on.
    Oh but it was commented on, having trouble reading?

I just discovered that the save files on PS4 are nearly 80mb each. WTF man. I had to delete a bunch of saves from my Bioshock play through so I could continue with Bioshock 2. 80 fucking megabytes for a single save, seriously?

So far I'm ten hours into BioShock 1 Remastered.

I've had the game launch at 1024 × 768 for some reason (after setting my resolution to 1920x1080), I've had the mouse disappear entirely (with the only resolution to relaunch the game), I've had no audio at all, I've had the game crash on me twice (with the game window persisting, 'above' the task manager, so that was fun), I've had subtitles disappear for no reason, one area cut my FPS to a constant ~10 FPS until I left it, and I've had the difficulty change on me (from Survivor to Medium, which very well may invalidate my 'I Choose the Impossible' run, thanks for that...) without my input.

I can't say I'm impressed with this version of BioShock. I can't recall a single issue I had with the previous version, but this remastered version has me fighting it every step of the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's nice and all, but we're talking the games being redone in Unreal 4 not the original games that you could max out on a toaster.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure he is going to buy the game on PS4 first of all, and 2nd of all Bioshock 1 and 2 didn't age well at all and getting remastered is a god send.
    Bioshock holds up better than many games that came after it. As for B2, clearly if the first one holds up the second does so as well; stop being a meandering graphics cunt. The Bioshock series didn't need a "remaster". The differences are so modest that a tiny incremental patch for those of us that own the originals would have been more than enough. This is a small compatibility style patch implemented as a "New Release" for the same chumps that will buy the PS4 Pro or will buy the ultimate edition of any number of titles even though they own the original.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

7+ Year Old Account
    OMG thank you thread! I had no clue we were getting these remastered!!! All 3 Bioshocks remastered, Skyrim remastered AND Legion in one year? What crazy time portal of gaming have I stepped into? Sorry family, I got no time for you for the next couple months.....

Also, does the newly remastered bioshock 1 have achievements now? I can't remember if the original did or not. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Bioshock holds up better than many games that came after it. As for B2, clearly if the first one holds up the second does so as well; stop being a meandering graphics cunt. The Bioshock series didn't need a "remaster". The differences are so modest that a tiny incremental patch for those of us that own the originals would have been more than enough. This is a small compatibility style patch implemented as a "New Release" for the same chumps that will buy the PS4 Pro or will buy the ultimate edition of any number of titles even though they own the original.
    LUL, 1 and 2 where made in UE2. UE2 holds up about as well as booting up your ps1 on an HDTV. They're literally ps2 era games running at a higher resolution for pc/360/ps3. They don't even look good for the years they came out in. Compared to Infinite they're both a joke graphically and artistically as they where made by at the time a much smaller team with far fewer artists.

LUL, 1 and 2 where made in UE2. UE2 holds up about as well as booting up your ps1 on an HDTV. They're literally ps2 era games running at a higher resolution for pc/360/ps3. They don't even look good for the years they came out in. Compared to Infinite they're both a joke graphically and artistically as they where made by at the time a much smaller team with far fewer artists.
    I think that's personal opinion. I love the changes to visuals that remasters brought, but I thought originals looked wonderful already. meanwhile, I actualy have ps2 with ps2 games to play on it and no, its not even remotely close, graphically. yes, Infinite looks better, it had better look better. but its not night and day better.

Well, it's a nice surprise that these remasters are free for users that bought the originals back in the day, i never paid too much attention to the announcement because i passed over it as another "re release of good games for cashing in". Too bad it seems they didn't fix the problems of mouse control, FoV and other bad porting issues of the first release, yet.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

I have mixed feelings. It's really cool that I'm getting it for free on Steam since I have the originals, but... I honestly couldn't get through these games. I might give them a try again once the remaster is out, but it was the gameplay in the first one that I just didn't like. I don't think I made it more than 6 hours in. So I dunno... I'm definitely willing to give them another shot, but I have a feeling these are games that I'm better suited to just watching other people play.

Quote Originally Posted by RickNick View Post
    I have mixed feelings. It's really cool that I'm getting it for free on Steam since I have the originals, but... I honestly couldn't get through these games. I might give them a try again once the remaster is out, but it was the gameplay in the first one that I just didn't like. I don't think I made it more than 6 hours in. So I dunno... I'm definitely willing to give them another shot, but I have a feeling these are games that I'm better suited to just watching other people play.
    The hacking in the first game is absolute dogshit, I hate it. Both that and the gameplay were improved considerably in Bioshock 2.