Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    I personally enjoy(ed) Ashran throughout the expansion, so your bullshit conclusion on the topic is invalid.
    i enjoyed ashran too.
    i dont know what the fuck Eleccybubb speak about!
    maybe he is private server player and he just need some attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    So what you liked about ashran?
    probably the same thing people enjoy about bg - oportunity to massacre clueless people who have no idea about their classes toolkit.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeda2004 View Post
    people doing trashran only because its a fastest way to take 700+ gear
    I did Ashran even after getting full 710 gear. Enjoyed it more than BG's when I was soloing. Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean everyone else does/should.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Genuinely worried that even top rank PvPers won't be able to get nearly the same gear level as high-end raiders. If that's the case then how will world PvP end up like?
    When you enter PvP combat in Legion, player stats will be roughly equal.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    The honor you got from kills in a BG was far outweighed by winning so you seem to be talking about stupid people there since honor from kills was pretty trivial. Even if you had a team pinned at the GY in WSG, ultimately there comes a point where killing there is not even remotely lucrative compared to getting into another BG and even losing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Why, people yell that about famous people all the time. It's just when it's SJWs yelling it that it's ok? I guess we should have put a muzzle on the people at Mizzou since they spent weeks disrupting things calling for someone to be fired(we really should have since they ultimately destroyed the school even to this day).
    I saw it all the time.
    It was deemed rewarding enough for people to keep doing it.
    Rarely was there actually a large enough number who cared about the objectives in unrated battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Hard to tell what you've even said here but I'll try my best to respond to what I think you're saying. This exact scenario was brought up before: that spells should do x damage in PvE and y damage in PvP, it was nixed and the reason given was it would be too complicated for players to understand.

I'd say that's a 180 from their previous stance, which is a fairly huge reversal.
    No, it isn't a 180 or anything of the sort.
    Them doing different amounts of damage is a preferable change to a mechanics change, which is actually more complicated for a player to understand than different amounts of damage.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-06-30 at 08:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

To be honest, this was refreshing. Looking forward to the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    What do you want them to say?
    First off I question why interrupts are still a thing... it is an unfair advantage that melee have over casters. (Though casters have the interrupt as well)

Can you interrupt a melee class? No.

Now if casters had disarm spells... then it might be fair.

So I question why interrupts are even still part of design.

More to the point though. Kickbotting is a HUGE problem. Quite frankly all competitive PvP should be put on hiatus until they fix it.

It is HUGELY prevalent top rated PvP. But don't you dare use it, because if you're one of the ones we catch and take action on... oooooh boy are you fucked.

By not taking decisive action you create an even bigger problem: legitimate players weighing the costs of cheating themselves to remain competitive.

Fuck bugs, hacks, cheats etc... by not giving a fuck, you have destroyed the spirit of competition (likely to never be redeemed)

There is a group of people that has a full time job of reviewing player actions and punishing cheaters.
    Bullshit, bull... fucking... shit... I have reported the same players and the whole team (because if you play with a cheater you're just as guilty imo) for weeks on end. Never any action, I take special interest in the individuals I know for a fact are cheating, and end of the season comes and these fuckers still get rewards. Its horseshit.

Revamping the PvP system should be secondary to maintaining the spirit and integrity of player versus player activity.

Cheating (all forms) should be a no tolerance issue, and if you have a problem you know about, it should be all hands on deck until a solution can be found.

So finding a solution to kickbotting is a challenge... fuck you and your challenges. The players have been ones enduring that "challenge". I can't believe we didn't even get an apology... just a "its soooo hard!" Other companies hell even other Blizzard franchises take a hard stance on cheating and it shows and the game(s) are better for it. What really shows in WoW is how lax they have been on cheating.

If it is such a challenge and taking longer than expected... they should (at the very least) suspend competitive play and PvP rewards until it is resolved. There is no reason that these players should continue to play and receive rewards from an admittedly, broken system.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-06-30 at 08:46 PM.

Deleted
    There is a group of people that has a full time job of reviewing player actions and punishing cheaters.

Bull fucking shit, I see the same flyhackers wallhackers in arena that still get rank 1 achievements etc every season gonna be the same in legion

even cdew stopped reporting when the players got glad etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Them doing different amounts of damage is a preferable change to a mechanics change, which is actually more complicated for a player to understand than different amounts of damage.
    Once again they weren't talking about mechanics changes, it was this exact same scenario. Spell does x damage in PvP and y damage in PvE. This is a complete 180 from what they said on this exact same topic, that it would be too complicated for players to understand. Besides that obvious point, we've had mechanics that work differently in PvP and PvE for years.

I'd call that a fairly huge reversal. Even if you wouldn't I'd say most other people would as well.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

They care about cheating so much that they only do it in waves and very rarely.
    Why does it feel like their tone is a copy from Trump's speeches? The faux sincerity.

Genuinely worried that even top rank PvPers won't be able to get nearly the same gear level as high-end raiders. If that's the case then how will world PvP end up like?
    What is this world pvp thing you are talking about?

Keep it up guys, you're doing a good job, content creators. One nitpick too: in the "Prestige 3" part, it is "Courser mount", not Corsair :P

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Once again they weren't talking about mechanics changes, it was this exact same scenario. Spell does x damage in PvP and y damage in PvE. This is a complete 180 from what they said on this exact same topic, that it would be too complicated for players to understand. Besides that obvious point, we've had mechanics that work differently in PvP and PvE for years.

I'd call that a fairly huge reversal. Even if you wouldn't I'd say most other people would as well.
    It is not a new thing having different modifiers, so why this obsession you have with the "complexity" to justify your argument.

Where is this "scenario" you talk about.
    Give me a link that states that different damage is confusing, more so than different behaviour.
    Then you may have an argument, but still won't convince me or anyone else with common sense that it is less confusing to have a mechanics tweak before a numbers tweak.
    You dismiss my view constantly with that "scenario" but provide no reason why that is better.

Even if there were a reversal, why is it actually a bad thing.
    People change their minds.
    And if your entire complaint is that someone did change their mind, rather than arguing why is it actually a bad decision, then that speaks volumes about your determination to complain about something for the sake of it.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-06-30 at 09:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account
    "The Arena Master is becoming a Legacy achievement in Legion. It would be wrong to just remove the 5v5 requirement, as players actually earned it in the past. A replacement achievement and title is possible."

Its funny how blizz flip flop so much, how many unfair things have they done in the past to other achievements that people have earned? They need to pick a side and stick with it...

"There is a PvP multiplier for many spells in Legion, so the team can tune spells individually for PvP without affecting PvE."

How many years did the Devs either scream at us that they didn't want to make this game where PvP and PvE had either different spells or PvP modifiers to existing spells?

How many years were we told that it was too complicated or too much work and thus had to deal with broken classes and wicked terrible imbalances that structurally couldn't be fixed because that would mean breaking a function spec in PvE?

And now? We have what people were talking about all along... a PvP modifier... About damn time.

And no way I believe that this is Legion tech that is so super complicated that they could only included it in this expac. They've had spell modifiers in the game for ages. Heck, an analogy would be Ele Flame Shock/Lava Burst. With Flame Shock applied, the modifier is that Lava Burst is a guaranteed crit. That's a conditional modifier, but still. Even if they might have liked to do it a bit differently than they are doing it now, it is doubtful that such modifiers would have been the technical hurdle it was portrayed as being.

It was just work they didn't want to do. I'm glad they're finally...FINALLY doing it...but admit to resenting a little that for so long so much crap hasn't gotten fixed that could have gotten fixed and didn't for no other reason than didn't wan't PvP and PvE to be different even though even as the most casual PvPer maybe ever, even *I* know that the playstyle, setup, gearing and just about everything is different from PvE.

It was like trying to feed a dog and cat the same kibble.

I just hope they can get it to the point where it doesn't feel like specifically there are a few super strong PvP specs and unless you learn those, forget having fun in PvP. PvP could really benefit from having an increased diversity of viable specs.

Why do PVPers care so much about world pvp? It's never a fair fight, it's some person at 50% hp fighting 3 mobs and someone comes and ganks them, that is world pvp. Even then, world pvp rarely happens anyway

My primary concern is how severely are people like me - pvp'ers who never play rated content - going to be punished in our chosen content for not playing rated? How much lower is my gear going to be than my opponents' because I don't want to play rated pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    My primary concern is how severely are people like me - pvp'ers who never play rated content - going to be punished in our chosen content for not playing rated? How much lower is my gear going to be than my opponents' because I don't want to play rated pvp?
    I mean im going to just take a guess here and say pvp gear normally will probably be on par with normal raiding gear, and the higher rated people will be in heroic/mythic ilvl gear

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    "freedoom of speach is cancer of internet" internet community 2016 :/
    That only applies to the US government, not a company. The company can do as they please, you agree to their terms when you make an account.

Take that weak argument home please.

PS: Not sure based on your bad grammar if you were just trying to be funny or serious. Either way, bad argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    I got perma-banned for asking what's so compelling and fun about PvP Lockboxes. Nothing else. Kind of sad you can't even say something serious anymore.
    There is a 0.00, repeating of course, % chance that you asked it in that nice of a manner.
    Last edited by Sinyc; 2016-06-30 at 10:04 PM.

cycle out BG map?
    are you stupid? how about you just add things and not remove for once.