Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the NES. No game has come close to pure frustration than that game :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmo -- world of tanks ---) Part that pissed me the most was matchmaking system. Here go play a game of 12 artys vs 2 heavy tanks (wich are slow and easy targets).
    Also..pokemon mystery dungeon made me hate all mystery dungeon type of games.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

At the moment I'd say Overwatch. I like the game but the community is starting to get so toxic. It makes me mad and sad at the same time.

Punch Out - Trying to beat tyson.
    Ghostbusters 2 - The game was hard... like most nes games I guess.
    Battletoads - Speaking of hard nes games this is the pinnacle. Trying to beat the 3rd level without using the warp.
    Superman 64 - It was easily the buggiest worst pos console game I had ever seen. I literally put the game in the microwave and destroyed it.
    Banjo Kazooie - This is a recent rage incident. The game is brilliant and it isnt hard! But I was playing through this game a year ago and while completing the 100 note collecting jiggy on the long ass 4 seasons level I managed to drown at around the 90+ note mark. For some reason every single time I would go to surface banjo would kick back underwater before taking a breath and after 5 repeated kickflips I died and absolutely lost it! I was salty for over a week.
    Mario Galaxy 2 - The perfect run!... fuck you perfect run lol
    Hearthstone - Losing a bunch of matches in a row cause of shitty rng can really get you foaming.
    Wow - Getting fucked over by the playerbase. Talking ninja loot and people wiping groups on purpose to get a reaction.

I was an extremely angry gamer back in the nes/snes/n64 era but ive mellowed in my old age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the NES. No game has come close to pure frustration than that game :P

That gap pissed me off the most for a NES game when I was a kid.
    Last edited by Twistedelmo; 2016-07-01 at 10:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Majora's Mask comes too mind. I don't think I can ever play it again. Worst Zelda experience ever.

Also, Starcraft 2 has had it moments.

10+ Year Old Account
    A recent example that I remembered is doing the Mushroom XIII in Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix. There's one where you have to juggle one of the Mushrooms in the air for 30 hits without it touching the ground. The problem is that after you get around 20 or so hits, you start to hit the mushroom very far away from you. There's a lot of strats for it but they are all ultimately inconsistent and there's a lot of luck in determining if you are successful or not.

Took me an hour to finish that single one and considering a successful attempt takes like 1 minute max, I was extremely frustrated by the time I finished it. I shut the game off and didn't play it for a couple days after that.

Final Fantasy XI when the level cap was 75. Not sure if this is still true (many changes over the years) but once you hit 50 you had to do lengthy, difficult quests to unlock the ability to gain an additional 5 levels. I thoroughly enjoyed the concept and the execution of the first 4, the fifth one was ridiculous though. The Fifth quest required you to challenge an NPC, named Maat, to a 1v1 fight and win (different classes had different requirements for winning). To challenge him you needed an item that dropped off very specific monsters in very difficult to reach places in the world and had a relatively low drop chance...and were one time use and you could only hold one at a time.

1v1 doesn't sound too bad, but back then, 1v1 with most monsters that were even reasonably challenging usually ended up with you getting destroyed so the fight needed a lot of preparation and near flawless execution. Needless to say it was frustrating as hell to go farm the item, challenge him get to the arena (because each class had a different area of the world you needed to challenge, and many took FOREVER to get to), lose have to go farm another one, re-prepare, etc....

But finally getting the win was one of the best feelings I've ever had in a video game.

Old Mortal kombat, man those endurance challenges and some bosses spam and overpowered attacks

Earthworm Jim was a pretty frustrating game, especially on the higher difficulty settings.

"What to do? Where to go? Why is everything moving so fast? Oh well, I'm dead."

Deleted
    Only four games have ever left me feeling so pissed off, that I wanted to uninstall
    1) aion - Eu release, spent sixteen hours in queue to login, finally got in and it timed out and kicked me to back of queue
    2) age of Conan - again on release, the map was greyed out so couldn't see where I was going, was riddled with bugs
    3) sims 4 - it's like they took all that was great in the game out, and left a hollow meaningless shell
    4) kingdoms of amalur - left me pissed off for different reason, invested so much time in the game, with the promise of lots more to come, then they announce they are dropping it, leaving a game with so much potential dead in the water

Oh yeah forgot
    EVE - not the games fault, but I just could not get past the tutorial no matter what I tried

Dark Souls series.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Final Fantasy XI when the level cap was 75. Not sure if this is still true (many changes over the years) but once you hit 50 you had to do lengthy, difficult quests to unlock the ability to gain an additional 5 levels. I thoroughly enjoyed the concept and the execution of the first 4, the fifth one was ridiculous though. The Fifth quest required you to challenge an NPC, named Maat, to a 1v1 fight and win (different classes had different requirements for winning). To challenge him you needed an item that dropped off very specific monsters in very difficult to reach places in the world and had a relatively low drop chance...and were one time use and you could only hold one at a time.

1v1 doesn't sound too bad, but back then, 1v1 with most monsters that were even reasonably challenging usually ended up with you getting destroyed so the fight needed a lot of preparation and near flawless execution. Needless to say it was frustrating as hell to go farm the item, challenge him get to the arena (because each class had a different area of the world you needed to challenge, and many took FOREVER to get to), lose have to go farm another one, re-prepare, etc....

But finally getting the win was one of the best feelings I've ever had in a video game.
    Oh that's all changed now, yes you still need the items, but you don't need to farm them, the zones they are in have ??? Which you can click for it
    Also nowadays XI has a trust system, where you can summon famous NPCs to fight along side you, can have five in a party with you, so a full party. Also they can be healer, tank, DPS etc. You don't need to even group up anymore, as trusts are by far stronger than most players. And all old group activity including Maat, you can use the full trust party in , once you have progressed through it's big finale campaign "rhapsodies of vanadiel" as you get key items, that allow it, along with XP boosts and a ton of other stuff
    Is very much a single player game now, even the games gods are solo fodder

Edited to add, cap is now level 99 but gear takes you beyond the cap, my dancer last I played was level 119 due to gear
    Back when cap was 75, I remember having to kill mobs that were a nightmare, had to have full group, and still due to being red Mage at the time, it was pure luck if you won the maat fight, took about six months to beat him
    Last edited by mmoc9bf106605f; 2016-07-02 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Demon Souls - I threw that disc across the room swearing to never play that shit ever again so many times. But I kept trying again because I wanted to finish it just because I didn't want the game to win. I didn't even enjoy the damn thing.

Overwatch - The amount of ragequits after having like 3-4 bad games in a row. Ugh.
    You need to throw it harder (preferably hit a sharp edge with it). I managed to kill dics that way :P.

Probably Dark Souls series, Certain Bosses such as Nameless King or being Invaded by other players at the worst possible scenario.

Honorable mention to Smite, Play a god with no escape and you're gonna have a good old rage if you get focused all game.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post

That gap pissed me off the most for a NES game when I was a kid.
    haha yeah remember that one til i saw how to do it on a old games tv program called gamemaster, was simple to just walk across it >.<

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Paper Mario: Sticker Star

There are no words for how shitty that game is, and how poorly designed it was.

Pokemon soul silver. Ever tried a nuzlocke there? Don't. Just don't. That Miltank...

Dota, or any of the other 2 popular games in that genre.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

... One of the few games I've ever rage quitted permanently.
    The only reason for that would be the Water Temple. The game is easy as hell otherwise, it was then and it is now. The Water Temple is infuriating, but pretty much every other dungeon was fairly linear by comparison. Once you understood the water patterns though, something Nintendo and Grezzo rectified in the 3DS remake, it makes the dungeon a lot easier to finish. I hated the Shadow Temple as a kid though, that and the dungeon in the Well in Kakiriko Village gave me the willies.