Poll: Should gear give power, or should it be raw skill?

7+ Year Old Account

gear=strength, or balance

So looking through the responces that have shown up from the revent QnA i have a question... ^^^

as i was ntoicing i saw alot of people saying "gear should not affect pvp at all"

well others say "gear should count 100% i want to be able to stomp people who are not geared, and be able to be stronger with my gear"

so simply the question is

Should pvp be gear based

or skill based?

(and of coarse skill still plays, but more of, if a new player, very good, comes up to someone 100 ilvl above them, they will have no chance)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Gear should not be a big factor, but players SHOULD absolutely be able to customize their stat weights. By default everyone should just have a certain amount of secondary stats, but depending on player choice, this should shift towards a main stat, so you can decide for yourself, which template you would like to play. You choose a main stat and this one gets boosted to maybe 75% of the others, while the other stats get reduced by the amount you boosted the main stat.

Blizzard handing out secondary stats that are set in stone is the worst thing to happen because as you can already see on shadowpriets and their crit based procs, it does not always work out all too well...

I choose 100.00% equal gear without a doubt.
    artifact power and honor talents will be enough "grind"

customize your secondary stats? sure sounds good, but everyone should have the same total amount

...But the fotm rerollers want to have the gear advantage as well as mythic raiders. and bliz seems to want to give it to them eventhough they arent the majority.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer gear to be separate entirely, but this game is largely about gearing up and progression. What they're doing, gearwise, in legion seems a positive solution.

I would like it if they gave us a choice of which out of the four secondaries to favor. Specifically because many class/specs and talent setups rely heavily on certain stat weights for their mechanics to function and feel fluid. I guess we just have to hope for the best that Blizz can handle that.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

7+ Year Old Account
    yeah i agree about customizing stats, maybe even getting the choice of "i want to be the crit demo lock pre-set" or "mastery demo lock pre-set" or "haste demo lock pre-set" so they are still in control ,but you get some choice on your play style

because they were right, with stuff like destro, having INSANE mast and crit was a super duper OP build as you just 1 shot people, and come legion it would be even worse! so they have a point, just some customization on stats would be cool

Removing gear removes a large part of what is an MMO.. If you want that, might as well go play DotA - or any shooter for that matter - if that's what you really want. WoW PvP has always historically been gear-driven. Unless you have the gear, you should not be excepting to perform very well in any activity in the game, including PvP.

Artificially giving every player top gear isn't going to help the game.

The awful PvP-only talents are just the icing on the cake.
    Last edited by Turinn; 2016-07-01 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So looking through the responces that have shown up from the revent QnA i have a question... ^^^

as i was ntoicing i saw alot of people saying "gear should not affect pvp at all"

well others say "gear should count 100% i want to be able to stomp people who are not geared, and be able to be stronger with my gear"

so simply the question is

Should pvp be gear based

or skill based?

(and of coarse skill still plays, but more of, if a new player, very good, comes up to someone 100 ilvl above them, they will have no chance)
    Anyone who wants to "stomp undergeared players" doesn't value competition. They might as well get their fix from farming leveling zones.
    PVP should be skill based, with small rewards from gear and big rewards (honor talents) from time spent playing. Overall better balance is going to make the game better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turinn View Post
    Removing gear removes a large part of what is an MMO.. If you want that, might as well go play DotA - or any shooter for that matter - if that's what you really want. WoW PvP has always historically been gear-driven. Unless you have the gear, you should not be excepting to perform very well in any activity in the game, including PvP.

Artificially giving every player top gear isn't going to help the game.

The awful PvP-only talents are just the icing on the cake.
    idk about the other specs but the warlock ones are really cool, place a felguard that will knock back any players who get near me? so i place it under me and melee cant get me for a few seconds cause if they get close they get knocked back and stunned

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewithnoshell View Post
    Anyone who wants to "stomp undergeared players" doesn't value competition. They might as well get their fix from farming leveling zones.
    PVP should be skill based, with small rewards from gear and big rewards (honor talents) from time spent playing. Overall better balance is going to make the game better.
    well there is alot of people, person above you for example

PvE has an opponent progression you can control.
    PvP does not.

There is arguably enough of an issue with the honor talents.
    We will need to see how much of a barrier getting the first column of PvP talents is.
    But I would perhaps prefer a system where they were available immediately, with the extra 2 columns earned as the honor level increases.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-01 at 06:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.