Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    In my experience, people who actually want to kill themselves tend to do it, not talk about it. I've had several people I know talk about killing themselves and one who didn't say a word to that effect who just shot himself. The fact that he's talking about it and hasn't actually done it could be a good thing.
    well, I knew a dude from wow who talked about suicide twice and 2 years later I read on our guildboard that he killed himself (RIP killahra ). So you never know. To me it even sounded like he just was joking around, but in the end it kinda was a cry for help I guess. So all he can do is probably talk to his friend and try to convince him to look for help...and even help him with that. If he reasons with him and he just does not want to seek help...there is not much else that he could do. As sad as this sounds...but I guess there are always some people who you can not help.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    His body his rules.

Just like abortion.
    Oh look, Titan is derailing a thread with his conservative logic again. This hasn't happened in about 5 minutes probably.

OT: Call a hotline, call authorities. Get him the help he needs.

10+ Year Old Account
    You really should just report it if this is actually true. Just posting on this forum isn't the best idea.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Oh look, Titan is derailing a thread with his conservative logic again. This hasn't happened in about 5 minutes probably.

OT: Call a hotline, call authorities. Get him the help he needs.
    Odd, I'm not a conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    If you can somehow prove you're thinking rationally when you make that decision, sure. Most people are depressed or have mental health issues to the point that they can't be rational. If you're literally bored with everything in life, you probably have some mental health issue.
    Well let's say I've done EVERYTHING I've ever wanted to do in life. I spend a few years trying to think of new things, but nothing sounds fun. I'm retired, I don't owe anyone money, I don't have any kids/pets that rely on me, and my parents have died so they don't require my help in their old age.

It should 100% be my choice whether I want to kill myself or continue with my boring life. Everyone's going to die someday and nobody asks to be born. Is ending it a little bit early really that bad?

If I were born into some sort of sex slave torture third world lifestyle and wanted to end my pain through suicide, it would take a very selfish piece of shit to try and say, "no you can't do that. you have to live in hell every day because life is important because I said so".

I legitimately have never heard a reasonable reason not to kill one's self if they have no responsibilities and they really want to do it (well I have heard reasons, but every time, they come from idiots and are often really stupid subjective reasons).

Think you can give me a legit reason to why I shouldn't be able to kill myself?
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

You like guns, there fore Republican feathering immigrant hating conservative.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    ill keep it short and simple, my friend has been very depressed lately and told me that they felt suicidal during when we were hanging out yesterday but they did not seem suicidal at all, rather joyeous and down to earth. i dont want to call anyone[police is a big no no], i just need some assistance to help with this
    Maybe you can reach him and remind him he's still wanted. There might still be hope for a brighter future. The only way to know is to keep going forward. We can't see the future.

Start by playing this clip to them

https://youtu.be/VPkDFO7WTW4

As someone who's had a family member do it, this rings very true to the effect on those around the person. Then do your best to encourage them to seek help.

7+ Year Old Account
    His body his rules.

Just like abortion.
    Titan, that was totally lacking in class. Though we often disagree, I expected better from you.

Thing is. People with mental illness or depression issues sometimes get really good at hiding it because they don't want to talk about it or they feel they can't talk about it without being judged. I have bipolar disorder and I do it all the time. If he's mentioning suicide I would suggest making sure some one is with him at all times. Or get him to goto the hospital.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

You say that, but you agree with all of their stances and use their buzzwords. Label yourself as you wish, but don't be surprised when we don't agree with the facade.

But again, if this is true, OP needs to report this now.

10+ Year Old Account
    As others have said, call a suicide hotline, who can assist you. Number for the US are as follows:

1-800-273-8255

For international people:
    http://www.suicide.org/international...-hotlines.html