Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

World of Warcraft: Legion Comic #1 - Magni: "Fault Lines"

A really fantastic, short, 10 page comic about the un-petrification (or un-Diamondification?) of Magni and Ironforge and his daugther's reaction to it. Its really great, the ending of it with Moira legitimately got me teary eyed.

Read it here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/201...ines-6-30-2016

Or watch the awesome animated version of it here: http://content.madefire.com/s-298c57...dcb/index.html

If anyone cares, my short review on it is here:

Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-07-01 at 03:43 AM.

Definitely checking it out. Thanks bro

EDIT: Really good read, I like the art style they used with Moira and the rest of the dwarves.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2016-07-01 at 03:40 AM.

Yeah if there's one thing Blizzard is really good at, it's the ancillary lore things for their games.

Even though I don't really like Overwatch or care about its stories, the animations and the comics of it are great.

Same with Diablo, Starcraft, and Warcraft.

Even with Warlords of Draenor, the animations and the short stories (and the Gul'dan comic) are phenomenal.

This one was just as good. Also animated by one of the best Blizzard-affiliated people. He also did Curse of the Worgen, which is easily the best Warcraft comic imo.

I don't feel like this comic really told us anything. It's just, "Hey, Magni's back," and that's it. Cool, he's back, but that's not much of a story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moira has that bitter backhanded aspect about her still but she has definitely evolved into a softer character. She was mad crazy and scheming like a proper villainess should but seems like she is a good person now, if at worst an antihero of sorts. Makes me wonder with the spoilers of Legion I have seen if Sylvannas is going to be a 'good' person of sorts. Granted the Legion trailer showed her as a good person, but the fan base loves to hate the forsaken because they have a moral compass that is different due to their circumstance.

Overall pretty cool comic, I liked the traveling through Ironforge seeing the different quarters of it in comic form. Though I am wondering who is Magni referring to as 'her' is it the unborn pantheon titan sleeping in Azeroth, Elune, or maybe even the greater Naaru that seems to be playing a prophet like role now.

Overall pretty cool comic, I liked the traveling through Ironforge seeing the different quarters of it in comic form. Though I am wondering who is Magni referring to as 'her' is it the unborn pantheon titan sleeping in Azeroth, Elune, or maybe even the greater Naaru that seems to be playing a prophet like role now.
    Well first of all, Elune isn't the name of the Titan or the Titan itself, Azeroth is the Titan. But he's just calling Azeroth (The planet and Titan) a "she," as he does during the Ulduar parts of the pre-expansion stuff.

I don't feel like this comic really told us anything. It's just, "Hey, Magni's back," and that's it. Cool, he's back, but that's not much of a story.
    That's kind of the point. Also showing what the Dwarven reaction to it was since in the pre-expansion event, we already cut to Magni showing up in Dalaran, with his awakening already dealt with in Ironforge.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    That's kind of the point. Also showing what the Dwarven reaction to it was since in the pre-expansion event, we already cut to Magni showing up in Dalaran, with his awakening already dealt with in Ironforge.
    Their reaction doesn't matter since Magni isn't claiming the throne. With this little information in the comic it could have easily just been gossip text for Magni in Dalaran.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Their reaction doesn't matter since Magni isn't claiming the throne. With this little information in the comic it could have easily just been gossip text for Magni in Dalaran.
    We didn't know he wasn't going after the Throne. It's equally as possible that he wanted to come back after warning people about the Legion and lead the Dwarves against them after he finished his business in Ulduar.

It's a free comic that provides some background information with some great animation and a nice reference to the Moira/Magni relationship that was left on sour terms when he was petrified. It's not going to be a grandiose story with a bunch of new information.

But I guess it is your prerogative to be upset over a, free, nice bit of background lore.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-07-01 at 03:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say the unborn titan was Elune. I said the titan, Elune, or the naaru; 3 different things. I can understand that some might think nothing happened but really if you look deep into it you see that most the dwarves don't want a king and Moira has a lot more heart overall. Helps flesh out the characters a tiny bit more. Maybe its leading to their untimely Game of Thrones fate and getting murdered or possibly lead to a spot light in game in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Their reaction doesn't matter since Magni isn't claiming the throne.
    I love how you say there was no lore or new info in the comic then immediately start by referencing a big piece of new info we got from this comic

I didn't say the unborn titan was Elune
    Right you are, sorry I misread.

Well first of all, Elune isn't the name of the Titan or the Titan itself, Azeroth is the Titan. But he's just calling Azeroth (The planet and Titan) a "she," as he does during the Ulduar parts of the pre-expansion stuff.
    is that pre-expansion stuff? i went to snoop around ulduar on ptr just a while ago, and i'm not seeing him anywhere and i've found no quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lame I wanted him to return an take his rightful place on the Throne. The Council of Three hammers is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    The Council of Three hammers is stupid.
    Agreed, Moira should become the High-Queen of the Dwarves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    is that pre-expansion stuff? i went to snoop around ulduar on ptr just a while ago, and i'm not seeing him anywhere and i've found no quests.
    Broken Shore and its immediate following parts will be part of the pre-expansion event, they're just tagged as on the beta atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    It's a pre-patch event. You can see it on the beta, but I don't think it's on the PTR. It's part of the weekly quest chains which introduce Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    Agreed, Moira should become the High-Queen of the Dwarves.
    *barf*

Shes a TERRIBLE ruler her first act was to imprison her own people and allies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    *barf*

Shes a TERRIBLE ruler her first act was to imprison her own people and allies.
    Yeah, she also learned from her mistake.

I forgot, this is World of Warcraft where characters can't develop.

Don't mind the crazy idea that characters have arcs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    Yeah, she also learned from her mistake.

I forgot, this is World of Warcraft where characters can't develop.

Don't mind the crazy idea that characters have arcs.
    It takes more than one good deed to make up for setting armed thugs on you own people

Broken Shore and its immediate following parts will be part of the pre-expansion event, they're just tagged as on the beta atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    It's a pre-patch event. You can see it on the beta, but I don't think it's on the PTR. It's part of the weekly quest chains which introduce Legion.
    well then, that's pretty damn cool.