10+ Year Old Account

Question [HELP]Random Screen Black Outs

OK, Starting a couple hours ago one of my two monitors randomly black out.

The Screen that blacks out is my Primary screen that is attached with HDMI while the other is DVI. The black outs lasts for a second or two and it also cuts out the sound that i have assigned to play through the monitor however the secondary screen doesn't black out and the other sounds still plays through. I upgraded my video card to at Geforce GTX 970 last year so I'm hoping its not that.

Can anyone shed some light for me please.
    Last edited by Twistedelmo; 2016-07-01 at 02:09 AM.

3 questions ~

In upgrading your GPU, did you fully uninstall all the previous drivers, and re-install new ones (and then keep them updated)?
    Do you get any messages, such as "NVIDIA drivers failed blah blah and have recovered"?
    Is it possible you can swap out the cable of the primary monitor to check that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    3 questions ~

In upgrading your GPU, did you fully uninstall all the previous drivers, and re-install new ones (and then keep them updated)?
    Do you get any messages, such as "NVIDIA drivers failed blah blah and have recovered"?
    Is it possible you can swap out the cable of the primary monitor to check that?

1) yes I haven't had an issue with it till today,
    2) I didn't see any, my spouse get home before I do and she said she it was working fine.
    3) Not at the Moment, i do not have another HDMI cable lying around and i don't have any digital display adapters.

EDIT: I've been playing my PS4 for an hour so far and no problems since i use the same cable.
    Last edited by Twistedelmo; 2016-07-01 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    1) yes I haven't had an issue with it till today,
    2) I didn't see any, my spouse get home before I do and she said she it was working fine.
    3) Not at the Moment, i do not have another HDMI cable lying around and i don't have any digital display adapters.

EDIT: I've been playing my PS4 for an hour so far and no problems since i use the same cable.
    You use the same cable, I assume you keep swapping them between the PC and PS4 - is it possible it just wasn't connected properly and small nudges make it lose connection briefly?

Other than that all I can suggest is you just keep an eye out for error messages, or if it's happening on the PS4 as well (meaning it's the monitor/cable not the PC). I can't really think what else it could be specifically. Maybe someone else can in the meantime.