Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post

Reporting of Ashe's death itself isn't what I'm referring to. Your choice of source is. Your half-assed "news" site, which you copy and pasted from, is.
    So everything is correct in the article, you just don't like the site it is from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Because once an idiot, always an idiot, right?
    Typically yes.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    So everything is correct in the article, you just don't like the site it is from?
    I don't "like" that you could very easily have cited an actual news organization's article that provided just the facts , but instead you chose a half-assed conspiratorial one whose introduction is immediately crackpotish.

You weren't merely providing information at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who thinks they "bumped" into each other is hilarious.

Can I have whatever you're on? It sounds amazing.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    Well that's the thing, I don't think he'd be risking anything. There's no concept of mandatory prosecution. They have the discretionary power to choose what they want to prosecute. It happens all the time. As to why he would do it, I would agree that he probably doesn't like Hillary as much as most people would think, but he clearly wouldn't want a Republican to become president. They would repeal the ACA, they'd loosen controls over Wall Street, and scrap the Iranian nuke deal and the Paris global warming accords, not to mention turning over all of his executive orders and appointing 2 or more suprememe court judges. A huge part of his legacy depends on Hillary Clinton winning this election, and he risks nothing by telling Lynch not to prosecute.

RIght, lol.
    That's a nuanced argument that doesn't play for the general population though. If Obama were to be caught having ordered a "fix" people that find him to be a likeable , decent person would change their minds very quickly.

My problem with all this conspiracy stuff surrounding the Clintons is that it requires everyone to be subservient to them...for no particular reason. It seems rather unlikely that a woman who couldn't even defeat a little known senator from Illinois 8 years ago, and who had to wheel and deal for a coveted cabinet position, would wield that much power.

As for his legacy, the Senate almost certainly flipping back to the Dems will secure that. Even still, if what you say were true, he'd be sacrificing his legacy and reputation to save it.

I just believe he's smarter than that.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    That's a nuanced argument that doesn't play for the general population though. If Obama were to be caught having ordered a "fix" people that find him to be a likeable , decent person would change their minds very quickly.

My problem with all this conspiracy stuff surrounding the Clintons is that it requires everyone to be subservient to them...for no particular reason. It seems rather unlikely that a woman who couldn't even defeat a little known senator from Illinois 8 years ago, and who had to wheel and deal for a coveted cabinet position, would wield that much power.

As for his legacy, the Senate almost certainly flipping back to the Dems will secure that. Even still, if what you say were true, he'd be sacrificing his legacy and reputation to save it.

I just believe he's smarter than that.
    He doesn't "order" the fix. At least not formally. It's not even really a "fix." There's not an email or an on the record meeting.It's just an understood thing. Maybe he mentioned something to her about when she got the job. Maybe she voluntarily told when she met with him about the job. Either way, they're going to exercise proscutorial discretion, something perfectly legal and well within their power, and not indict her. Of course that's even assuming that the FBI recommends charges. That's certainly a possibility too. There may, honestly, not really be a case against her.

I don't think Hillary does wield that much power, herself. But through her foundation and when combined with her husband, beyond the sitting President, and with the Kennedys all but gone, who else is there besides the Clintons?

Again, I don't think he's sacrificing anything. There's no one that Lynch has to be accountable to. Even if Comey writes a tell all book, all Lynch has to do say that Comey's wrong, the case had no prosecutorial merit. There's no risk at all. The optics of it get a little worse if Obama pardons her before the inauguration if Trump wins, but not by much.

I haven't looked at that closely, but as of June this year, the headline on 538 was "Democrats have a good map, but early evidence suggests a close race for majority control." But if you're Obama why even risk that? Especially when there is no risk? And even if Dems take the Senate, a new Republican President, especially one named Trump, is overwhemingly likely to take action on Obama's executive orders. In my opinion, Obama's too smart not to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Anyone who thinks they "bumped" into each other is hilarious.

Can I have whatever you're on? It sounds amazing.
    Ask NYC17 he might share.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Ask NYC17 he might share.
    That would be sweet of him. That's for sure!
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    That would be sweet of him. That's for sure!
    You're welcome to it. Don't let the fact I never stated it, or even hinted that's what I believed stand in your way. Lockedout isn't exactly known for comprehending and/or following the discussions he wishes to partake in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    In all seriousness: Don't you think Bill and the AG would have met more discretely if they wanted to do something illegal? I'd give them that much credit.
    Murphy's Government. It's both a cold, calculated and efficient machine that can keep a lid on vast conspiracies with millions of moving parts while simultaneously being completely incompetent and incapable of doing anything quickly or efficiently that can't keep a blowjob a secret.

Even if absolutely every theory about these emails, Benghazi, etc all prove to be true, I still don't see why anyone should give a shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.