Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    Do you prefer the passive show up and fuck shit up/Heal/whatever else or the cooldown on demand combat allies?
    Personally, I haven't tried too many classes on the beta, but, I found that I liked Combat Allies better for the classes I DID try (which would be DH, hunter, and warrior). For instance, as I stated earlier in the thread, Akama is a nice bodyguard in terms of damage for DHs, but he tends to knock enemies around with his lightning attacks. That's not very fun for a melee class. Altruis, however, is a Combat Ally, and he simply shows up and does an AoE randomly during combat, which did a TON of damage. However, there were times I had important missions, and couldn't even really afford to have a Combat Ally with me anyway.

For the record, if you didn't choose Altruis, you can choose Kayn Sunfury, and you get the Shade of Akama. No real difference in terms of combat at all, just different voice lines during combat, and the story changes ever so slightly due to your choices (but not too much, overall).
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    It's odd, Rogue (as far as I've seen) is the only class with three Combat Allies (Garona Halforcen, Mathias Shaw, and Jorach Ravenholdt for those curious) and only one Bodyguard (Vanessa VanCleef). Most, if not all other classes tend to have 2 of each, I've noticed.
    Warlocks also have one bodyguard and three combat allies.

As a druid, who are my bodyguards?
    Hamuul?

Interesting Death Knight champions ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Oh wow, I wonder what bodyguard Warriors get!.. oh, some random iron dwarf that no one cares about still using a wotlk model.

Yay.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

I wish there were more bodyguards. I'm really not a fan of Rehgar and I'd rather not be stuck with him the whole expansion.

Not every class gets 2 bodyguards, btw.

Warlocks, for example, only have Ritssyn as a bodyguard. The other three are cooldown-based.

i'm loving that everyone gets bodyguards, i'll always have mine with me i think.

i love companions in swtor, so anything like that is 100% awesome for me.

Deleted
    I'd almost like to ask "why only X race as bodyguard" in next weeks Q&A but they will never answer questions like that.

Edit: huh, there would be so much potential in quest chain like training your own "apprentice" or something for bodyguard. Just imagine it, choosing race/sex/face/skill preset combo you like, and then doing quests together, teaching things you like for your apprentice. Of course it would have to have some personality too.

Maybe next expansion... lol, who am i kidding. Too much customization in that! Better force one shit npc for everyone...
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2016-07-02 at 08:08 AM.

Not trying to advertise my channel outside of the one/two threads I usually do, but since this is relevant, I've recorded all the effects of the DK and Warlock combat followers:

15+ Year Old Account
    What do priests get? :3

Quote Originally Posted by Firen View Post
    What do priests get? :3
    Their Combat Allies are:
    - High Priestess Ishanah, leader of the Aldor. She does a heal that heals all allies for 75% of their health, and it does damage.
    - Alonsus Faol, an important character from old lore and Legion lore. He has a chance to cast Searing light, healing you and damaging nearby enemies.

Their Bodyguards are:
    - Zabra Hexx, one of the more notable Troll priests.
    - Sol, a Light Elemental. This is the one I've seen the most while questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Zabra Hexx is such a massive lore failure in Legion. He is very explicitly a priest of the Holy Light in the lore, yet they made him a shadow priest for some reason.
    Blizzard has never been known for paying attention to their own lore.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Zabra Hexx is such a massive lore failure in Legion. He is very explicitly a priest of the Holy Light in the lore, yet they made him a shadow priest for some reason.
    It's odd. Some characters are spot-on and really cool, like Natalie Seline (who wrote the actual offhand item for Shadow Priests). But then others...not so accurate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Most Bodyguards have something to say and have lots of moves - personally for Akama, I hated using him on my DH. He tends to knock enemies around and use large lightning effects that seem like they're enemy move instead.
    They removed the knockback more than a month ago. Akama is pretty solid as bodyguard now.