Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Gonna ignore the ignorant bias from the OP.

Your're not forced to vote here, you're forced to attend a voting booth. Half my friends just turned up, got their name marked off and left. You're not forced to make a vote for anyone.

It's been an odd one, usually a result is called by the end of the night but we're forced to wait until postal votes etc. this time. Closest it's been in my living memory.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    australia's got it right with voting it seems, you should be forced to vote in the US too.
    It's an irony in many ways, though. True democracy should enable you to choose nothing (or not vote) if you wish.

Part of the reasoning of why nobody wants to get rid of it is because there is nobody who would benefit from not voting here.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that should net you a fine, too.
    But it cannot. Since the vote is confidential (no names or details on the ballot paper) and nobody can watch you in the booth, they have no way to determine who did what.

[QUOTE=derpkitteh;41189724]australia's got it right with voting it seems, you should be forced to vote in the US too.

angry anderson sounds good imo.

I like your Avatar BTW..dunno what it is , but it makes me smile

Pauline Hanson is in Parliament should be interesting

Angry Anderson is the Bald little guy & lead singer of his band "Rose Tattoo"
    he was a candidate is this years Australian Election.

Last edited by Blobfish; 2016-07-03 at 08:19 AM.

Deleted
    Australia is like that one kid in class that you never remember being there.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I really don't know how the Yanks deal with such a long political process. I've been well over the election campaigns and its only been 8 weeks.

I'm a little worried about the Liberal Party. Turnbull has been a big let down, but I'd really hate to see its leadership move further right movement.

No surprise about Pauline Hanson either. My favourite of her ideas

"Hold a Royal Commission (or similar) into the corruption of climate science and identify whether any individual or organisation has misled government to effect climate and energy policy."

It will be an interesting couple of days regardless.