Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zdarr View Post
    shouldn't every country disband and only city's have control? and companies are the thing's that bind city's? wait. let's make nations disband and only have companies left that'll work.
    Nah man don't need to hyperbole it, I'm genuinely curious.

And for a fact I kinda support the brexit myself - as I believe as an entity you have the right to go to hell and perdition if you choose to (I'm an atheist myself), but you just don't have the right to drag the unwilling with you - and as per that, I support UK's dissolvement if Scotland and Ireland chooses to.

I know it's a fucked up view but it works for me in my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by zdarr View Post
    shouldn't every country disband and only city's have control? and companies are the thing's that bind city's? wait. let's make nations disband and only have companies left that'll work.
    Don't give the American elite any dreams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Mississippi would turn really really strange if left on its own.
    yeah American ISIS strange

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    On a different note, I kinda want to echo the whole referendum question: Land of the free indeed, but why aren't you allowed to leave? Like, I'm European, I don't know the specifics but what's the exact reasoning why you can't leave the US if you wanted to?

Isn't it pretty the chicken and the egg?
    Because the US is indivisible similar to an electron.

Deleted
    But what are you going to get when you leave the hole? more taxes on your export goods? taxes on the power grid that was setup to share power across europe. and there is even more if it was for the us stats. water? power? army? all those are for the us and for you in "uk" i do think england should get a rough time and get taxed with no under the tabel deals. and 2nd no more MGP for you. wait i want me country to leave if i could get out of the MGP..

It can be like hunger games. The victor can leave.
    You joke, but that's basically what happened in the American Civil War. The Confederate States seceded, but could not prevent themselves from being militarily forced back into the Union.

S'why former Confederate states actually have two admission dates: one for the initial formation of the United States, and one for readmission during Reconstruction.

Deleted
    you realize that if this 'dissolution' was even possible USA is transformed from world's most powerful nation to a bad joke with nukes right?

i wonder where do all those anarcho-liberal-hyperegionalist beliefs come from...

Quote Originally Posted by vassilisz View Post
    you realize that if this 'dissolution' was even possible USA is transformed from world's most powerful nation to a bad joke with nukes right?

i wonder where do all those anarcho-liberal-hyperegionalist beliefs come from...
    You know North Dakota has 1/3rd of the world's nukes? You'd have to be nice to them.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely. The elite in Washington have no idea on how to rule each state and their laws clearly violate the desires of each state, thus taking away their Sovereignity

Our system seems to work pretty well for moving decision making up or down from state to federal pretty easily while still maintaining individual democratic representation and we spend a good chunk of our earnings supporting states that aren't doing very well and providing services and employment in areas that couldn't do this for themselves. I don't think there would be much point.

We already fought that war anyway, and I hate reruns.

It can be like hunger games. The victor can leave.
    I just feel that a state doesn't feel that the federal gov't is adequately representing their bests interests, they should have a mechanism to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by vassilisz View Post

I think your humor detector is malfunctioning, please install new batteries. Unless you just upped the game here....man the lack of tone on the internet is frustrating.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    A vocal minority want to leave which is why it's not a legitimate question. There are 27 million residents in Texas and polls show only up to 18% of the population supports succession. I honestly don't care if the do or not as long as all the Federal property and monies held in Texas are returned to the remaining United States it will be fun to watch Texas founder and fail. Hell, Take the other leeching states like Louisiana, Mississippi, and Florida too. Hell you can reforge the confederate states if you want those states drain the rest of us anyway.

The whole thing these states forget is this is technically the real reason the civil war happened in the first place. States trying to flex their power over the federal government. If we let states do whatever they want we would have the religious doctrine as law in the Southern states as they have been trying to impose but get shot down by the federal courts. It would be a bad thing for Americans in those states in general.
    What's? Florida is no longer a leach as our economy is pretty good right now. We're on part with Texas according to this research done.

ttps://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/

Deleted
    If you can get past your cultural differences or outright get rid of them, you are stronger as a federal union rather than 50 sovereign nations all doing their own thing.

The last 300 years the United States were busy achieving just that. Of course there are still many cultural differences left, but I'd say it's not as bad as in Europe. We all speak the same language, etc.

Balkanizing the US after all that time spent unifying would be regressive, to say the least.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-07-02 at 01:17 AM.

Yes. All the Southern states can leave and create their Christian Right/Conservative utopia. When it fails miserably and they beg to rejoin the US, we can laugh hysterically and tell them to kick rocks.

If they're lucky we'll consider taking them back as a shitty third-world US territory, like Puerto Rico.

Sounds good the rest of us can wall off California and most of the Pacific NorthWest, Chicago, Atlanta and all of New York and have a decent relationship with the other states.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

If I Were The Devil . . .

I would make threads on how to dissolve the most powerful nation in the world.

I could see it splitting up in the future, unfortunately for me I live in California and would be stuck with the ones I dont like.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    On a different note, I kinda want to echo the whole referendum question: Land of the free indeed, but why aren't you allowed to leave? Like, I'm European, I don't know the specifics but what's the exact reasoning why you can't leave the US if you wanted to?

Isn't it pretty the chicken and the egg?
    Cause the Civil War happened and the Confederates lost. I'm really only half-joking about that. We killed nearly three-quarters of a million of ourselves to determine how much power of self-determination the states have once they join the USA. A state in the U.S. is kind of a strange thing because there are certain things they DO retain sovereignty over, and other things that they surrender to the federal government. One of the latter is the right to leave. It's like this: make sure you really want to join the Union, because once you're in, you're a permanent lifetime member. Yes, even Texas. Texas can't leave even if the majority of the citizens of Texas wanted to (which not even 20% actually do). They can, however, split themselves up into five new states without Congressional approval.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yes. All the Southern states can leave and create their Christian Right/Conservative utopia. When it fails miserably and they beg to rejoin the US, we can laugh hysterically and tell them to kick rocks.

If they're lucky we'll consider taking them back as a shitty third-world US territory, like Puerto Rico.
    The southern states, as a whole, control the bulk of the nation's deep water ports (Houston, Mobile, Miami, Savannah, Charleston, Tampa, Jacksonville, etc.), four of the nation's largest airports (Atlanta, Dallas, Miami, and Washington), the bulk of the nation's energy production/refineries, a significant portion of the nation's top corporations, a large swath of its agricultural produce, a third of its population, a total land area that would have it on par with Mexico (in other words, in terms of size, it would be within the Top 20 for the planet), and one of the largest economies on Earth (with potential expansion into the Caribbean for added bonuses). In other words, your post is nonsensical, but then again, what would you expect from a troll thread, a troll poster, and the Off-Topic forums on MMO-Champion? Please... please... please, support Southern independence, because as a Southerner, I, like millions of individuals across the South, would love nothing more than to break away from the Union. Honestly, I don't know why I'm even bothering to respond to this post.