Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    His patent was never approved, how can he claim anything at all? And if he indeed does have a case, why didn't he do anything years a go, considering Apple caused "great and irreparable injury" to him by stealing the idea? Kinda hard to believe he only now noticed these rectangular media devices with screens in the middle exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I am confused, the iPhone does not have a keyboard, but his design did.

It looks more like a Palm Pilot than an iPhone.

And IIRC, the Apple Newton came before the Palm Pilot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'm not sure I really agree that tablets were inevitable. They still seem like they have rather limited use compared to laptops and smartphones, being more inconvenient to use than the former and more inconvenient to take with you than the latter. As a device, it seems like you couldn't make up your mind whether you wanted ease of use or portability more, so in the true spirit of compromise you decided to pick the worst of both worlds.
    And yet, despite owning both a smartphone and a laptop, I use my iPad a let every day.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    There needs to be a statute of limitations on frivolous lawsuits.
    There need to be penalties for bringing frivolous lawsuits. Make the bringers of the suit pay the legal fees of the people they're suing.

someone is broke with a house on the line and is reaching for straws at this point lol. Apples lawyers will bury this guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly do you use it for over the other two? The most common use I've seen it for it that's relatively unique to tablets is as an entertainment device for children.
    I read books and comic books on it. I browse the Internet in the bath tub. I use it to check the time in the morning from my bed while my watch and phone charge on the other side of the room. I play games on it while sitting on the toilet. I use it as an entertainment device on airplanes or to show my family videos on vacation. I watched Game of Thrones on it 2 weeks ago while in another city.

It's easier and more comfortable to hold for reading or watching stuff while in bed, and it's screen is large enough to enjoy properly.

What exactly do you use it for over the other two? The most common use I've seen it for it that's relatively unique to tablets is as an entertainment device for children.
    We use them to check architectural drawings when visiting the works.
    Phones are too tiny and laptops are too bulky to carry around a construction site.
    A bit niche, but they do have a place. But once you establish that use, replacing books might be the next step. I'm still using an e-book though.

God luck with that dude, lol. There were a ton of handhelds before the iPhone the palm pilot comes to mind which it resembles more as some other ppl pointed out.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    Think US law would have to require him to have valid and catalogued patent proof that it was his idea, not Apple's?
    And then he would also need to have proof that Apple took / stole said patent?

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't the N64 use Cartridges that were based on Solid State Technology?
    Cartridges predated SSD's by decades, since SSD's are just derived from flash/NAND based memory units.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I guess this guy never saw Star Trek, which invented the devices that inspired is innovation. His own drawing looks like a calculator.

- - - Updated - - -

Well if you lose you might have to pay all court costs.
    The dude didn't even use a straight edge while drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Lots of companies and successful people have to deal with this bullshit. From Donald Trump to successful media pundits. Drawing a picture =/= coming up with the technology and ability to produce a viable and marketable product. Its a fucking rectangle with a screen, like all mobile phones and PDA devices have been.
    That is true; although Apple didn't create any technology that didn't already exist when they made their first iPhone.

lmao #goodluckwiththat
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)