Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

[Megathread] Dead By Daylight.

Dead By Daylight is a 4v1 pvp game and I figured I would make a thread about it. I have played abit of it and have enjoyed myself. There is a few bugs and tuning does need to be better. But it seems to me that the devs are actively supporting the game and trying to fix any issues that may come up.

If anyone has a interest in a 4v1 pvp game I recommend at lease checking out a stream that's playing it.

It is a game that just got released out of early access.

I hope to see more of those types of games and I can't wait for the Friday the 13th game

Post any questions, Your Experience or whatever
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It is nice game my only grip is survivors who work with killers to rat for their hidden other survivors to farm points. This became absurdly problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    It is nice game my only grip is survivors who work with killers to rat for their hidden other survivors to farm points. This became absurdly problematic.
    I haven't noticed anything like that.

I did have a really odd game tho last night. I was the last one alive and making it to the exit and then the killer got me. He decided to take me to the exit and drop me at the edge so I could leave.

So whoever you are Mr Killer thank you
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I haven't noticed anything like that.
    I had today round where I got injured and I found another survivor, so basically I let him heal me to discover that he spam M1 on and off so he never actually finish healing you but he locks you in your place till he call for his killer friend on TS and reach to kill me. They need to introduce option to give you the ability to cancel getting healed if you want.

Also they need to fucking introduce a feature to players test their connection if they are suitable to host a game or not, you can't imagine who many ultra rare items and add-ons I lost because I end up in games I stutter and rubber banding all over place because Killer's connection sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    I had today round where I got injured and I found another survivor, so basically I let him heal me to discover that he spam M1 on and off so he never actually finish healing you but he locks you in your place till he call for his killer friend on TS and reach to kill me. They need to introduce option to give you the ability to cancel getting healed if you want.

Also they need to fucking introduce a feature to players test their connection if they are suitable to host a game or not, you can't imagine who many ultra rare items and add-ons I lost because I end up in games I stutter and rubber banding all over place because Killer's connection sucks.
    Ya they really do need to fix/add a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Bumping this cuz I just got the game, is anyone still playing it?
    I still play it every now and then. I really don't like playing as the nurse or fighting her LOL.

I'm having huge issues with frames, everything on low got like 20-30 frames >.<
    What is your pc spec? Also try turning on Auto Adjust Res and see if that helps.

Deleted
    what's up with all the 'failed to join the game' moments when I try to join a lobby?

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    what's up with all the 'failed to join the game' moments when I try to join a lobby?
    It happens due to matchmaking still being buggy. If it happens a lot relaunch the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It happens due to matchmaking still being buggy. If it happens a lot relaunch the game.
    thing is, it starts to happen a lot pretty much either right away or when I've just had my first match.

wouldn't be so bad if it would look for a new game automatically if something goes wrong, but now I constantly have to check the game to make sure it's still looking for a match

thing is, it starts to happen a lot pretty much either right away or when I've just had my first match.

wouldn't be so bad if it would look for a new game automatically if something goes wrong, but now I constantly have to check the game to make sure it's still looking for a match
    Ya its a really common issue, All I can say is keep trying.

- - - Updated - - -

AMD Athlon (tm) X4 760k Quad Core Processor 3.80 GHz, 8,00 GB RAM, Radeon RX 480 4GB

...and yeah, I tried =(

Edited: Kay today I got a that card, I was using an nvidia before, my frame rate raised after deleting the game's settings and running the game again, now I'm up to 40-50 frames. Much better...
    That's good no clue what ur issue was really. Happy you can play it tho

Anyone know if they fixed the queuing issue? I really really wanna buy and play this game but the reviews for the past few months have done nothing but complain about queues and matchmaking issues. Do they have the ability to group with friends? Are queues quick or are they like 45 minutes+?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    God, some of these people make me wish I was a woman so I could go around aborting babies all willy-nilly just to piss them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious9876 View Post
    Anyone know if they fixed the queuing issue? I really really wanna buy and play this game but the reviews for the past few months have done nothing but complain about queues and matchmaking issues. Do they have the ability to group with friends? Are queues quick or are they like 45 minutes+?
    Queing issues are still there but even with que issues you can get into a match quite quick.

Last checked there are a average over 20k people playing and yes you have the ability to que with friends. In public u can do survivors with friends in private you can do 4 friend survivors vs 1 friend killer.

But like I said even with the queing issues you can get in quite quick as both a killer and survivor.

Deleted
    A new DLC has been released

Also, matchmaking seems to be fixed as it keeps searching instead of throwing you out of the queue when it can't find a match.

A new DLC has been released

Also, matchmaking seems to be fixed as it keeps searching instead of throwing you out of the queue when it can't find a match.
    Ya for the most part Matchmaking is fixed. The reason killers have high que times right now is because everyone wants to play Michael Myers. The patch has fixed a lot of issues and ya good luck doing a infinite on someone who knows how to play Michael lol.

The grind for blood points and the new currency is still shitty as fuck tho.

- - - Updated - - -

The price is a joke imo =/
    I don't mind the price. They had to pay to use this IP. Michael is quite fun to play IMo.

Roflmao, just got myself banned from the DBD forums xD

What a piss of poor excuse of moderation going on there, apparently now “camping” is considered “poor game behavior”, and shouldn’t be “promoted” or “admitted”, don’t get me wrong, that thread you made was completely unnecessary, but Jesus fuck, locking it up for such reason is freaking ridiculous, one day you have game developers claiming that it’s a legit tactic the other you have moderators closing threads for “admitting” to use it.
    Wow did not know that was what happen. How can they ban anyone "forum use or not" for camping. There on videos on the game tell you to do it lol. The dev's have there head so far up there ass, I'm surprised they can breath at all. Also I made that thread because I have had just enough. Getting into games where its PWYF groups that do shitty tactic's and the only way to combat it is to BM yourself.

Also got to love that no matter how you play at the end someone always runs there mouth.... The community reminds me so much of other community's I just lose interest in playing.

These dev's don't even ban people for using speed hacks ffs.

Console version releases tomorrow.

Even tho I got issues with this game, I have considered getting it because I do enjoy this type of game. $30 and comes with all the current DLC isn't a bad price. I do wish they would fix the game more before releasing this or more DLC.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/de...aylight/147919

(Releases on both XB1 and PS4)
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-06-19 at 11:45 PM.

First game ever as a Survivor on PS4 and I had to throw the match........

(Uploaded the wrong one, Longer version I just give up and let the guy kill me)

Stay broken DBD.....ffs

Necro time because its been interesting to see that the devs have left their publisher and instantly changed from their "we need to make this easy for survivors, its a game to make streamers feel good" ethos that got the game a lot of criticisms last year. Maybe those were orders from higher up?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/252144465

The new change in direction should be interesting.

I don't get it, what is exactly changing ? o.O;
    first off a lot of balance changes so you have to play it properly instead of trying some form of 'strat' like opening the gates but just running from a beginner killer for up to 30 minutes just to annoy them. Survivors are going to be less able to stunlock and get away with ease, killers are going to be more competitive instead of struggling to catch up like the fat kid in gym class. They also started banning assholes in significant numbers. I forget the name but one beginning with O was infamous as the worst asshole that stream sniped and asked his viewers to body block or report killers that managed to get him.
    I'm only mentioning the loosest stuff mind you since its been a few days but its kind of clear that so soon after leaving they were either forced to make the game a survivor favouring, casual experience or its become so lopsided that its harshly effected player retention and now they are going alone they have to focus more on solving the issue without a safety net.