Thread: Arms macro.

Deleted

Arms macro.

Is there a macro that will use cs if it's up otherwise use ms,pretty much the bread and butter of arms.

- - - Updated - - -

And if not can you do it with a weakaura.

No. Macros can't tell the cooldown on abilities. They can display it, but they won't dynamically change their action to meet it.

The best you can hope for is a cast sequence macro, which only works for things on static timers, it won't do anything for you once procs resetting the CD of MS/CS come into play.

Deleted
    Is there a weak aura that will pop the bilateral yellow arcs on your screen whenever cs is available?

Quote Originally Posted by smn View Post
    Is there a weak aura that will pop the bilateral yellow arcs on your screen whenever cs is available?
    Sure, you can make weak auras pop up whatever you want when CS is off CD. An icon, a splash, text, noise, pretty much anything. Click new and figure out what kind of alert you want. It's only an alert though, it's not going to cast anything for you.

Deleted
    To make a texture appear I go to textrures set the name of the spell and the texture of my choice,how do I get them to Only show when the ability is available and dissapear when it's not?

- - - Updated - - -

I think I've got it god bless weak auras.

- - - Updated - - -

I've tried making an execute wa texture having succesfully made a ms and cs one.So I've selected Status-> cooldown progress and show not on cooldown but it turns out it's awlays visible in combat.What did I do wrong?

Deleted
    I've tried action usable works now thanks for the input.

It's not a macro, but one thing you can do is bind two buttons for the two abilities next to each other and then hitting them in quick succession as one gesture a-la plinking in fighting games or the insane speed-typing technique.

As an example: relax your left hand and hit 3 with your middle finger and 4 with your index finger together in the same motion. Because your middle finger is longer you'll always hit 3 just before 4. So you can bind CS to 3 and MS to 4 and you'll get CS if it's up and MS if it's not in what's sort of like one keypress. There are some subtleties with some keyboards because of technical stuff but if you experiment with different combinations you can probably find something you can work with.

The gcd or something similar is necessary to make this work though, so you can't use it on Focused Rage because it'll go off every time if you've got the rage.

Quote Originally Posted by toolsv View Post
    It's not a macro, but one thing you can do is bind two buttons for the two abilities next to each other and then hitting them in quick succession as one gesture a-la plinking in fighting games or the insane speed-typing technique.

As an example: relax your left hand and hit 3 with your middle finger and 4 with your index finger together in the same motion. Because your middle finger is longer you'll always hit 3 just before 4. So you can bind CS to 3 and MS to 4 and you'll get CS if it's up and MS if it's not in what's sort of like one keypress. There are some subtleties with some keyboards because of technical stuff but if you experiment with different combinations you can probably find something you can work with.

The gcd or something similar is necessary to make this work though, so you can't use it on Focused Rage because it'll go off every time if you've got the rage.
    Easier just to get a programmable keyboard and tell it to simulate pressing two buttons when pressing one. It's easier, but of course, doing that is never going to be very optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Easier just to get a programmable keyboard and tell it to simulate pressing two buttons when pressing one. It's easier, but of course, doing that is never going to be very optimal.
    For some reason I feel like the line that defines 'cheating' falls somewhere between my technique and yours, even though they're basically the same thing.

For some reason I feel like the line that defines 'cheating' falls somewhere between my technique and yours, even though they're basically the same thing.
    If you mean literally cheating, it isn't really, as it can't circumvent the action input cap. Just because you "press" Mortal Strike and Colossus Smash together doesn't mean it can use them both.

If you mean Blizzards rules on macros and programmable input, the ToS is archaic, and even they don't care about it. Programs like Autohotkey are beyond common and technically against the ToS, but nobody will ever be banned for it.

It's more of a personal moral line and not something I'd ever try and hold anyone else to.

I had sweeping strikes macro'd to MS, CS, and execute during all of WoD raiding. I thought it worked pretty good. I wouldn't macro any more than that other than a CD macro. Some automation makes sense to me, but it's always a trade off. I was messing around with macro'ing Focused Rage to WW and then to MS & CS on the PTR, but it didn't seem to be all that great.

It's more of a personal moral line and not something I'd ever try and hold anyone else to.
    Well arbitrary rules can be all well and good, but has nothing to do with the merits of the conversation at hand, so thanks for stopping by.