Poll: Are you excited for the Prestige System?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are you excited for the Prestige System?

Now that we have a great deal of infomation regarding it, how many people are excited for the prestige system in Legion?

For those unaware, Legion adds a new PvP reward systsem in Legion known as prestige. The game launches with 4 levels of it, with four more each season. Essentially, you level up prestige by leveling up a PvP reward track which, as you get higher, you unlock more PvP talents. Once you are at max, you then unlock the next prestige level, lose all your talents, and start over again to unlock the next level of prestige. Each prestige level has a corresponding reward. So far we know that mounts, weapon skins, pets, toys, and flair for your portrait are part of this reward system.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    For me this is the best thing that couldve happened to pvp overall, so Im super excited. I LOVE flavor rewards and stuff, and I love doing battlegrounds. I always hoped for some new things to do on bgs since they said there wont be another "get xxx.xxx honorable kills" - achievement. I had my 250k in 2012 or so because I love playing bgs so much, and nowadays I still do bgs every day more or less, depending on the time I got.

I also do love playing arena, but arena has always been fine for me, especially since mop, because the stupid pve legendaries went away. So Im super excited for this! hypehype!

EDIT: Before getting flamed offtopic for saying arena was fine, I never felt like the balance issues matter to me since Im no Gladiator. The best I could do in 3s was barely 2200 in Mop, and in wod i only got to like 2050.
    Last edited by mmoc5b08c1f47c; 2016-07-03 at 03:50 PM.

No.

The Prestige system has nothing to do with PVP. You willingly gimp yourself in order to have some stupid reward. That's as if they added a "loot" button to each arena which would give you a chance at some rare mount at the cost of 10% less stats for the duration of the arena - these kinds of things are for achievement and item whores who perhaps wouldn't even PVP if it didn't have achievements or rewards, and who would be busy jumping off walls if there was a series of achievements and a mount for getting yourself killed by jumping off a wall 5,000 - 10,000 - 50,000 - 250,000 - 1,000,000 times (and would get themselves all wet if Blizzard added a new achievement with some title in 7.1 for getting yourself killed 2,500,000 times).

Now, given what other things they are doing to PVP, Prestige - or the "loot" button, or achievements for getting yourself killed in various ways - might be great things to add. Because Legion PVP is utter shit and nothing more than long grinds for the sake of grinds with rated PVP being a desert and unrated PVP being two-button face-punching match ruled by things like the number of healers or AFKers. So, yeah, Prestige is perhaps a good fit for Legion.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-07-03 at 04:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. Just another skinner box treadmill at the expense of gear acquisition we can self-pace. Bugger it.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    First, i'm not a pvper. I know that many players like this kind of "show-off" things, but i personally don't get it. I don't have even titles/guild name showing on, find 99% of the mounts ugly, 100% of the artifact skins ugly, and i'm quite sure i can remove "flairs" from the nameplates with whatever nameplate addon i will use in legion. And they are not automatically mark of "good" pvper?

But yeah, it's just like cash shop. Some people are willing to spend money in crappy (imo) mounts, and some people are willing to grind and grind and grind (and by doing so, paying monthly sub) to get their new battle pet. No, i'm not one of those who stay subbed only 2 month and unsubbed for 5 months repeteadly. Also, i know again many people won't do those just for to show off, they may simply LIKE these things and don't care what others think.

I know there's this kind of cosmetic thing in many different games already. My co-worker once showed me videos of some whatever-multiplayer-shooter (current version of Call of Duty?) where player had some hideous multi-colored animated skin on his weapon. I was like what the hell is this diarrhea on the weapon and co-worker said it's super rare mega ultra pro prestige skin. What the fuck, disgusting. Yeah, i know, i'm not the target audience...
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2016-07-03 at 04:35 PM.

I truly loathe and detest PvP, but I am going to try my best in random BGs. Just want to prestige and get my vanity rewards, then immediately bow out. Apologies to all the great PvPers out there who will have to put up with my newbieness. But I will try! ><

I expect I'm going to be doing very little PvP in Legion, compared to earlier expansions, so I don't care much at all about the prestige system. It's about as relevant to me as pet battles.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really looking forward to it, as it's a glorified honor farm that will attract even more bots to battlegrounds.

Unless melees are being heavily nerfed for release, it would be pointless to even start playing pvp with more than half of specs. So, I am definitely NOT excited. Not a tryhard pvper though, just a person who occasionally plays rbg and arenas, and very very rarely - random bgs.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    No.

The Prestige system has nothing to do with PVP. You willingly gimp yourself in order to have some stupid reward.
    This.

Many Honor talents are required to make classes not completely gimped in PvP. A few of them require higher honor levels. Spending over half your time grinding while not having a key ability is a hallmark of a bad system. They just replaced the gear grind with a worse skill grind.

Worse yet (and this is more the honor talent layout), some skill choices in the first column have trade-offs which make their affected skill(s) WORSE overall.

Get to lv50 - Never Q for a BG again.

Not really, they're splitting up the ranks and spacing them with seasons. If Honor gains are anything like they were in MoP or Cata, ~50k will still only take a couple of days. Unless they're increasing the amount needed by say x1.2 or x1.4 per Prestige rank, Prestige will just mean "Hey look at me I ground out 700k Honor over the expansion", which isn't exactly a lot. Just from doing Ashran Dominance once a week my alts are all around 100k this season alone.

And if they don't nerf Ashran, that's going to be like 2 weeks of grinding.

No. PvP is a mini game. And on top of that it's a dead mini game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I look forward to it, I like having something to keep doing in PvP.

Deleted
    The system itself? Yes, I am looking forward to it.

The PvP Changes - esp. the Gearing and the Gameplay resulting out of the purning look pretty bad to me. Let's hope I am wrong.

Deleted
    I got High Warlord in Vanilla. This system reminds me of that. I will farm bgs none stop and hopefully be the most prestigious person on my server, given that I can keep prestige'ing past the cap for no reward, just a higher number. I am looking forward to it; I want to say my only tidbit is that RBGs award this honor as well, which might go back to the pre-mades you had to be in to get your title, but as long as the different is small (not twice as much) then I don't mind.

As a Rogue I feel I am able to carry BGs more than most classes, as long as they don't disable engi tinkers and item in random bgs (Holinka said it was too much), then this should still be the case. I welcome the honor system with open arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptnic View Post
    I got High Warlord in Vanilla. This system reminds me of that. I will farm bgs none stop and hopefully be the most prestigious person on my server, given that I can keep prestige'ing past the cap for no reward, just a higher number. I am looking forward to it; I want to say my only tidbit is that RBGs award this honor as well, which might go back to the pre-mades you had to be in to get your title, but as long as the different is small (not twice as much) then I don't mind.

As a Rogue I feel I am able to carry BGs more than most classes, as long as they don't disable engi tinkers and item in random bgs (Holinka said it was too much), then this should still be the case. I welcome the honor system with open arms.
    Last we heard, prestige caps at four until the second season, then it caps at 8 and so on.

You're also not likely to be welcome in RBG's unless you have the proper talents. Which you'll be resetting.

It seems that performance in random PvP will be a factor of two things: which honor talents you have, as they are huge boosts. And which limited use potions you have as they are adding significant performance boost potions that randomly drop from BG boxes.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why they keep changing a PvP system with the next great idea... If they just combined a few different things from the past concerning WoW PvP it would be fine. They keep butchering it to the point where players are quitting the game because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Nah. Just another skinner box treadmill at the expense of gear acquisition we can self-pace. Bugger it.
    I never thought of Prestige system as a skinner box system, but if you look at the rewards and what you sacrifice it seems to be a pointless grind to nothingness.
    Last edited by Mafic; 2016-07-06 at 12:10 AM.