Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Man who tried to buy toddler in Tijuana sentenced to 16 years

A former seminary student from Ohio, who traveled to San Diego to try to adopt or purchase female toddlers in Tijuana so he could sexually molest them, was sentenced Friday to nearly 16 years in federal prison.

Joel Alexander Wright, 23, pleaded guilty in April to attempted enticement of a minor.

Wright admitted that he was the author of numerous sexually explicit emails in which he described to a cooperating witness and an undercover federal agent how he intended to sexually assault various children in Mexico, up to 4 years old.

The defendant admitted that beginning in November, he placed ads on Craigslist Tijuana purporting to seek a female tour guide. When he received a response from a cooperating witness, Wright confided that he wanted to "adopt/own a baby girl (under the age of 3) and I want to have intercourse with her after I own her but don't be telling people that ... I won't pay until I have seen the baby and I will pay the parents then ... the cheapest baby under 3 would be good.''

In another email to an undercover agent, Wright wrote he had "picked up an infant pain relief med and a pretty outfit which I think should fit the 1- or 2-year-old.'' Wright also wrote that he had purchased an American Airlines ticket to travel from Ohio to San Diego last Jan. 29.

Wright got off a plane in San Diego and called a number provided by the undercover agent, saying he had arrived. Wright was in possession of two cell phones and a duffel bag containing baby clothes, sleep aids, bottles, toys, candy and lubricant, prosecutors said.
    http://www.cbs8.com/story/32354733/m...ed-to-16-years

Makes you wonder how many sick fucks get away with these kind of crimes.

Hope he gets to do the time in Tijuana to, see how long he last in prison there.

Deleted
    16 years?

Let's make that 160.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    16 years?

Let's make that 160.
    /10chars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    /10chars
    That's the spirit.

We'll fucking imprison his ghost.

Pun intended.

16 years?

Let's make that 160.
    Unless he will sit in isolation for 16 years i think he's life is fucked either way, could be forced to join a prison gang, do things for them that expands the time and on and on it goes. I have seen people going to jail for fraud or possession for some months, then ends up doing shit for gangs ending up on life in prison.

I wouldn't want to got to Mexican prison especially with that crime.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

At first I thought he just wanted a kid. I felt bad for him cause adoption laws suck and a single man will colinize mars before he gets a kid to adopt.

Then I read the molestation thing. How does that work? Has he done that before? It so, what does he do with the kids? They aren't ineven use and able to be "trashed". The way it reads, it seems like he's done this a lot.

God, I'm rarely moved by human behaviour, but this is just disgusting. He should never leave prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Then I read the molestation thing. How does that work? Has he done that before? It so, what does he do with the kids? They aren't ineven use and able to be "trashed". The way it reads, it seems like he's done this a lot.
    There's full criminal complaint here
    http://heavy.com/news/2016/01/joel-w...ice-san-diego/

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the spirit.

We'll fucking imprison his ghost.

Pun intended.
    I appreciate this pun

Also. I hate to take it there but I have a question.

This man is dispicible. However, why is outrage reserved only for male pedos? I mean, even in a situation as this, the child's parents (whoever accepted) have some accountability.

It's not meant to detail. It's just that I never get a chance to ask all the outraged people why they are so salient/ approving when a grown woman molests a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Hope he gets to do the time in Tijuana to, see how long he last in prison there.
    And they didn't give him death? There are so many attempted crimes in that, that he deserves so much more time.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    And they didn't give him death? There are so many attempted crimes in that, that he deserves so much more time.
    If he is forced into some gang he will most likely be a lifer after a while. Alot of people go to jail for stuff like possession or fraud and ends up doing life after they are forced to do shit for gangs.

Or maby he will hang himself.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post

To be fair. They probably have their hands full with whatever else is happening.

Drug lords randomly chopping up dozens + a weak / corrupt police force = I'm honestly impressed they locked him up at all.

But man. If I had two grand to burn I'd do what that suicidal guy did. Spend it all on blow and hookers until I have the will to live again. Lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Drug lords randomly chopping up dozens + a weak / corrupt police force = I'm honestly impressed they locked him up at all.
    The case is being prosecuted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of California.
    https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/oh...ng-sex-infants

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    The case is being prosecuted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of California.
    https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/oh...ng-sex-infants
    But wasn't he arrested in Mexico? Or just on his way?

I don't know where Lindbergh feel of is and I honestly don't feel like hopping around on multiple articles for info.

But your source is more to the point without all ty "media fluff" the others have. So thank you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wright was taken into custody by HSI special agents after his plane landed at Lindberg Field Friday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    http://www.cbs8.com/story/32354733/m...ed-to-16-years

Makes you wonder how many sick fucks get away with these kind of crimes.
    A lot of sick fucks, most of them aren't stupid enough to tell people that they want to adopt a child because they want to rape them.

The tipster asked him if he had sexual experience with infants and Wright replied, “I have not gone all the way before but I have made it very close in the past so I do have experience,” according to court documents.

From the link Kontinuum posted. Don't think I want to know what he means by that.