5. Lost

Deleted
    1. Game of Thrones
    2. Breaking Bad
    3. Better Call Saul
    4. Vikings
    5. The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    1: Orphan Black. Nothing comes close, an absolute masterpiece of a show that doesn't get anywhere near the recognition it deserves. Season four was stunningly good.
    Oooh, yeah Orphan Black!
    I've seen everything except the most recent season I really like Felix as a character.

Deleted
    Spartacus < Best one. Lost count how many times I've seen Blood & Sand
    Lost
    Game of Thrones
    The Walking Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    Oooh, yeah Orphan Black!
    I've seen everything except the most recent season I really like Felix as a character.
    The most recent season is BY FAR the best season. It more than makes up for the slightly lacklustre season three.

Also gets me hyped as fuck for the final season.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    The most recent season is BY FAR the best season. It more than makes up for the slightly lacklustre season three.

Also gets me hyped as fuck for the final season.
    Really? I need to catch up on it, if I'm honest.
    I only found out about this show because when they very first released their Pop Vinyls, I saw them and it made me want to go watch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all on Netflix now, so you can jump in any time.

I strongly suggest you do.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    1. GoT - self explanatory

2. Breaking Bad - part of the amazing thing is how it kept getting better and better across all of the seasons.

3. The Americans - Hands down the most under-appreciated masterpiece on television

4. Shameless (US). In spite of me not being completely sold on the lead (Emmy Rossum), the show is absolutely brilliant and William H. Macy is the freaking best actor on TV.

5. Better Call Saul. This one is an acquired taste. Writers clearly wanted to avoid being just a spin-off living on Breaking Bad's hype, and instead went in a narrower direction, taking things one step further. Or two steps. Breaking Bad was ground breaking and "weird" when it came out, which is easy to forget in the light of all the mainstream hype it got later.

House of Cards and Homeland would easily have made it to the list based on their first season alone. But both started spiraling downwards in the second season, slowly ruining their overall rating. Homeland has recovered somewat, but House of Cards is just stupidly going off-track, it's just sad to watch the train-wreck at this point. The writers clearly don't understand what was the brilliance of the first season and just keep desperately throwing worse and worse ideas in attempts to fix it.

Battlestar Galactica would have made it to the list if OP hadn't stated the 5 year limit.

Son's of Anarchy honorable mention, but doesn't quite touch the Top-5.

EDIT: Odd. I completely forgot Mad Men. Probably should have made the list, but then again - the fact I forgot it is perhaps an indication that it was less memorable that one would have thought? So I'll leave it out of the list.
    Last edited by mmocef71e99c15; 2016-07-05 at 08:00 AM.

The walking dead
    Game of thrones
    orphan black
    Fear the walking dead
    Breaking Bad

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    There are WAY too many.

Suits
    The Blacklist
    The Flash
    Psych (Hey, it's my all time favorite show)
    Peaky Blinders

15+ Year Old Account
    Game of Thrones
    GoTs greatest feature is its ability to surprise me. It might be due to the immersion of the show, which is unlike any other tv show or movie, but some of the greatest moments in GoT cought me completely offguard. The beheading of ..., the Red Wedding, the Purple Wedding, and so much more. The sheer scale of some of the battles, the dragons, the White Walkers, it all just comes together perfectly. No tv show gets me as emotional as this one, whether it's anger, sadness, joy, hate, love.

Breaking Bad
    What made Breaking Bad stand out from basically every other show, is the way it's being filmed and its usage of music. The entire show has a special way about it. I noticed this during the show, but it became really obvious when I started watching Better Call Saul. I don't know how to explain it, but you can just see the two shows are connected by the way they're put together. Aside from that, Breaking Bad told an amazing story, with superb acting. And, it makes you wonder if you can root for its main character or not because of what he's doing. It went out on its own terms and gave us one of the greatest series finales ever.

House of Cards
    The pinnacle of political tv shows. Great acting, great characters. Much like Suits, this tv show is all about trashing other people with words. The schemes, the end game, the power plays, it's all there. The greatest thing of the show is the main character talking to the audience. It makes the whole thing a little bit more special.

Spartacus
    The death of Andy Whitfield was very sad, especcialy after such a wonderful perfomance. Liam McIntyre did a great job replacing him, but still, it didn't have the same feel. Spartacus was very visual and a lot of spectacle. It's sword fights are top notch and it's action over the top.

Sherlock
    The most intelligent series out there, at least of the ones I have seen. I love watching intelligent characters, and there is no one more intelligent than Sherlock Holmes. The movies were great, but because the show is set in this day and age, it just appeals to me a bit more. The chemistry between Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman is great and Andrew Scott has created one of the best villians I have ever seen in Moriarty.

A few honorable mentions (in order):
    Suits - House of Cards, only set in the legal world. Verbal trashing is awesome
    The Walking Dead - The ultimate survival show, although it's been stalling a bit the last few seasons with keeping its characters alive when they should die and toying with its audience.
    Banshee - The bad guy is the main character, and he keeps doing bad stuff. It's something else than the generally rather boring good guy routine of so many shows out there.
    Hannibal - This tv show has an even more unique way being filmed. It tries to fool the audience with showing things in a very unique way.
    Black Mirror - Each episode is its seperate story, no character is the same. Each of the episodes shows us a very bleak future, but one that ultimately, can be our own future. it's all about the dark side of life and technology and how our every day life is going in that direction.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    1. Game of Thrones
    2. The Walking Dead
    3. House of Cards
    4. Archer
    5. True Blood

1. Banshee
    2. Justified
    3. Agents of SHIELD
    4. The 100
    5. Daredevil
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

For those of you who said Homeland, I've finished 5 (of 6 seasons) of this show, and I can't cope with it. Midway through s1 I was like, "Wow, Claire Danes character is dumb as hell, she should at least be fired from the CIA. Maybe it'll be a story about her growth and coping with her recklessness and rash decisions." But nope, she continues to be stupid as hell and make dumb decisions and only doesn't get fired/killed because "her gut" turns out to somehow miraculously be right, and some insane luck.

I mean, I lost all hope for her as a character when the dude literally helps Nazir KILL THE VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, and Claire Danes doesn't turn him in or mention it to anyone that the death was a terrorist attack or anything. And she continues to love him. Ugh. That, to me, is a character that stretches beyond all credulity.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is really difficult for me to be honest, but let's try.

1. Black Sails
    2. Vikings
    3. The Walking Dead
    4. Banshee
    5. Dexter

And then there are tons that deserve mention like Agents of SHIELD, American Horror Story, Hannibal, The Blacklist, Mr Robot, Spartacus, The Bates Motel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    For those of you who said Homeland, I've finished 5 (of 6 seasons) of this show, and I can't cope with it. Midway through s1 I was like, "Wow, Claire Danes character is dumb as hell, she should at least be fired from the CIA. Maybe it'll be a story about her growth and coping with her recklessness and rash decisions." But nope, she continues to be stupid as hell and make dumb decisions and only doesn't get fired/killed because "her gut" turns out to somehow miraculously be right, and some insane luck.

I mean, I lost all hope for her as a character when the dude literally helps Nazir KILL THE VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, and Claire Danes doesn't turn him in or mention it to anyone that the death was a terrorist attack or anything. And she continues to love him. Ugh. That, to me, is a character that stretches beyond all credulity.
    What are you favorites? (I already posted mine on page 1)

1. Breaking Bad, easily the best written show ever on television.
    2. For comedies, Community minus one off-season
    3. ...and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia for pure absurdity. (Honorable Mention: Arrested Development, the original seasons were way longer than 5 years old, but the last season came on Netflix in 2013)
    4. GoT started strong, but has fallen off in the past two seasons, imo, but the first few seasons warrant mention.
    5. I'd have to say Sense8 or Mr. Robot. Two very well written shows with interesting themes. Both have only had one season so far so no telling where the quality will go from here, I think it's easy to put out one really great season, but harder to continue it over the years.
    6. Edited just to add this: The Leftovers. It is the best show to air on Sunday nights on HBO in the past 2 years. Yes, that's a shot at GoT.

1. Legend of the Seeker - My favorite series out there and possibly one of the most underrated ones sadly it only ended after 2 seasons (Still waiting for season 3 after all these years Q_Q)
    2. Spartacus...RIP Andy Whitefield
    3. GoT - No explanation needed for this.
    4. Friends - also no explanation needed for this.
    5. HIMYM - Would've been #1 for me if it weren't for the last season and last episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    My list:
    1. Breaking Bad – Amazing show, from start to finish, which is something even most other great shows can’t say.
    2. Orphan Black – Cool concept, interesting story, and Tatiana Maslany is crazy good.
    3. Mr. Robot – Phenomenal first season. Another year or two and this might not be on here, like Heroes if I’d made this list after S1. We’ll see how it goes.
    4. American Crime Story – Another remarkable first season. It was riveting and the cast nailed it. Can they do that again with another story in another season? I hope so, but True Detective is a good reminder that it doesn’t always work.
    5. Suits – My guilty pleasure. Love this show and I don’t care what anyone thinks about that.

Honorable mentions: Sherlock, The Flash, Daredevil, Better Call Saul, You’re the Worst, GoT, and The Grinder (which still annoys me was cancelled after 1 season). I also continue to really enjoy both Shark Tank and Survivor, year after year, season after season.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

I don't know how people kept watching Homeland. It was really great at first, but quickly went downhill in the first couple of seasons. We watched though the season that ended with Brody being killed, which I think was S3, then the first couple episodes of S4 before giving up entirely. And really most of S3 was pretty painful to slog through.