Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Favorite Video Game character of all time?

Kreia/ Darth Traya
    This woman is so inspirational, so mysterious. This character is unlike any female character i've ever encountered in a video game. You see, shes old, she doesn't have to be skimpy or young or adventurous to be awesome. She doesn't wear any cool outfits, she wears a simple brown robe. Dont get me wrong, those aren't the reasons of mostly what makes her such an awesome character but the things she says, her backstory, etc. They all can relate to things to what are happening in real life. One of the things she taught the PC was how such a small act of kindness or cruelty can echo and cause far more destruction than one could ever imagine. But seriously, just look at some things she says and how easily you can relate them to real life situations going on today:

But anyways, whose your favorite VG character?

I'm not quite sure I could easily pick a favorite, I have so many different games I love, and each one I have a favorite character of course, but it's hard to compare them all.

I'll just cheat and go with my avatar, Rintarou Okabe (or Kyouma Hououin).

Spoilers for Steins;Gate, but he jumps through timeline after timeline after timeline just to try to save his childhood friend, and almost goes insane/breaks down from seeing her die over and over again without him being able to do anything about it.

Overall though, he's just a really enjoyable character. I can't really go into much more details without spoiling things, but he starts off as what they call a "Chuunibyou", which for the google definition is "is a derrogative colloquial term in the Japanese language used to describe a person which manifests delusional behavior, particularly thinking that one has special powers that no other person has.", and you can see along the entire story how he drastically changes.

7+ Year Old Account
    HK-47
    Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds.

Illya, because best girl.

Link from Zelda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Abel from Star Ocean 3

Geralt of Rivia, probably. Since I'm mostly into RPGs I would otherwise have to say Haidaes, the character I usually play in these games, but they don't really have their own character as just a placeholder for myself. Since I'm not huge into villain worship there is not much going in that way either, at least not on top of my head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk I don't really have a favorite. They're all stupid in their own ways because video games never have good characters. Regardless, I have a list of contenders but no real favorite.

Loghain Mac Tir from Dragon Age Origins. I haven't played those games in a long long time but I remember liking him a lot.

Siegfried from the Soul Calibur series. Super emo yet stupid but he's cool I guess.

Then there's Mercer Frey from that horrid thieves guild questline in Skyrim. I have no idea how this guy was ever considered evil when they're all fucking thieves anyway. He just outplayed all of their dumb asses even that draedra idiot Nocturnal that for some reason in that game your character is basically sub servant to them no matter what.

That butler guy from the Shivering Isles expansion was cool too. Idk his name but whatever.

Darth Thanaton from Swtor Sith Assassin's storyline was cool. His whole development from becoming a Sith Lord to being a Sith Lord depended all on him being a coward and always trying to win by playing completely unfair, yet he demonizes your character for doing the same. He's like hypocrite x1000 lol.

Captain Falcon from F-zero Gx is the man . If you've played the cheesy story mode, the guy literally defends his F-zero Grand Prix Championship, then beats the Devil for the Underworld title to become champion of both worlds and then beats God (the game creators) and after all of that he just takes his helmet off and walks out the door like its another normal day of racing.

I can't think of any other characters right now. I'll have more later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wario
    B.B. Hood: Vampire Savior/Darkstalkers series
    Kirby
    Mail: Popful Mail
    Bayonetta
    Duke Nukem
    Tron Bonne: Misadventures of Tron Bonne/MegaMan Legends series
    Earthworm Jim
    Larry Laffer: Leisure Suit Larry series
    Terry Bougard: Fatal Fury series
    Giygas: EarthBound
    Gex
    John Marston: Red Dead Redemption
    Tingle: Zelda series
    Q: Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
    Dan: Street Fighter Alpha series
    Skullomania: Street Fighter EX series
    Mike Jones: StarTropics series
    Banjo & Kazzoie
    Dirk the Daring: Dragon's Lair series
    Eddie Riggs: Brutal Legend
    Raz: Psychonauts
    Neptune: Hyperdimension Neptunia series
    Jazz Jackrabbit
    Tempo
    Headdy: Dynamite Headdy

Garrus Vakarian-Mass Effect trilogy. Total bro to your Shep, total badass to the galaxy.

Reuniting with him in ME2 is so amazing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Omg80k6VZKY

The guy from Splinter Cell is pretty cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ratchet and Clank are the first to come to mind.

Also Ellie from The Last of Us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Hard to say as far as 'good guys/gals' go.

But as for antagonists, definitely Gaunter O'dimm from the hearts of stone witcher 3 expansion. He's just so mysterious and evil without being your typical moustache twirling kind of evil. CD Projekt presented him so well, to the point where you can't help but like him even though you should be hating him. Plus he can kill people with wooden spoons. That's pretty bad ass.

Garrus Vakarian (Mass Effect)
    Varric Tethras (Dragon Age)
    Imoen & Minsc (Baldur's Gate)
    Tyrael (Diablo)
    Ringabel (Bravely Default)
    Sheogorath (The Elder Scrolls)

Lyle, Phantasy Star III

7+ Year Old Account
    My favorites is Sylvanas Windrunner Jaina Proudmoore from world of warcraft cause mage humans and hunter-like elfs(formally) now banshee are just so lovable
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you read my mind? I would also name Kreya as my favorite!

Geralt would probably be 2nd favorite. Those sarcastic remarks...

Last edited by May90; 2016-07-05 at 01:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sephiroth from FFVII.

My perfect vision of an ultimate badass. Some villains are smart and calculating, some are brutal and overpowering. Sephiroth is both. He is efficient enough with his sword to take you out with the most effective strike, and behind that he wields the power to destroy planets. Sephiroth is like a sniper rifle that can fire everything from non-lethal sandbags to nukes without fail. And that's just him combat wise.

His role throughout the game further emphasizes how above the average mortal he is. Every other Final Fantasy villain has had some human aspect to them, Kefka was a mad jester who schemed to attain godlike power, Jecht was a simple warrior forced to become Sin, but from the beginning Sephiroth was meant to be better. He was genetically engineered with the DNA of an alien god, showered with condensed mako energy, (the stuff that provides nearly infinite electricity to the people of Gaia) and trained to be the best. Throughout the game, you are told how powerful he is, even shown in a flashback how powerless Cloud is compared to him. He casually kills off a main character, making you wonder if he will do it again. Suddenly your invincible party isn't invincible anymore.

When Square designed Sephiroth, they definitely had a theme in mind. The theme was that he would be unreachable, in a different class, because...

"because you are a puppet"

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgot about Jameson Locke from Halo 5. He has the potential to be cool if he's the main protagonist in the sixth one and does some more heroic shit for being a measly spartan 4.

Gabriel Rorke the guy in my avatar from Call of Duty Ghosts. Major badass and his voice actor does a good job. Too bad the game will never get a sequel.

Victor "Goddamn" Sullivan