Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

What do you do to cheer yourself up?

We all have our down days and feel fed up so when this happens what tactics do you do to attempt cheering yourself up?

Personally I find gaming or writing works as a form of escapism.

Deleted
    Plan for the future I guess.. think about things Im gonna do or buy, how Im gonna get the money to do that, diet plans.. self improvement. Stuff like that.

And another thing is permanently finishing up things and making them part of my history. Say finishing a game for the final time, uninstalling it and deciding that Ive gotten all the enjoyment out of it Im ever going to get and moving on to other things. Sort of for that new chapter in my life feeling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bury my feelings like a man.

Or go do something fun with friends..

10+ Year Old Account
    I put on some make up (to look prettier) and cook something nice (because eating for bad feels is a thing) or draw when havin bad day (monsters and gore ("drawing bad things away from my head")).

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing, just been in a perpetual state of feeling bad for the last 14 years.

Deleted
    It's not nice, It's not clever,...... but I fuckin' love beating my kids at board games mwhahahahahaahah LOSERS!

Deleted
    I think about hugging the kids I don't have yet.

Deleted
    I try to get angry about stupid shit - which cheers me up because of how stupid it is to get angry about stupid shit.

Don't try to understand me, I am crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    We all have our down days and feel fed up so when this happens what tactics do you do to attempt cheering yourself up?

Personally I find gaming or writing works as a form of escapism.
    Go to the liquor store, buy a bottle of whatever is brown and cheap, buy a pack of Camels, and shut off all the lights.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Buy new toys or start a new project.

Masturbate

I try to think that I live (literally everyone else reading this post too) in better conditions than most and that I should be grateful for what I have, because there are so many people in worse conditions and the world is pretty cruel. (I especially mean health conditions, not just what size your TV is.)

Then I try to imagine that there's no one to help you feel better, so you have to grit your teeth through life and take it upon yourself to give yourself the best possible experience even if other people try to bring you down. It takes toughness to want to live, and you have the duty to be tough for yourself.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Masturbate
    Masterbate

I don't cheer myself up, depression is just part of life.

It's like having a really cynical, critical friend that you can trust but you know is cynical and critical about everything. My depression usually lasts a week or two. I do low energy things if I can, reading, watching movies.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I get on the HHHHHhooooooooooooo Train....

Then watch Soul Train with Don Cornelius.

Coffee-Playing a few rounds of CoD Zombies-Taking a walk (if possible)-Click around Youtube- writing.
    A big fat slab of dead animal cooked over fire with some manner of potato based side also is a go to.

Though as I get older I find I am more "bummed" not depressed, bummed is way easier to get out of.
    Bad thing happens,"aHH...THAT SUCKS. Can I fix it? Can anyone else? Will anyone else? No? Fuck it, moving on." my usual method.

15+ Year Old Account
    This chemical structure usually does the trick.

Last edited by Khadgar; 2016-07-04 at 03:30 PM.

Music and wine. Just let the sadness out in the most cliche way.

Talk to my partner, shop for something nice or make especially good dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Come on MMO-C and read some of the retard tier postings.