Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hero League: worst experience I've ever had in HoTS

This is absolutely miserable. I got placed Silver 4 and I thought well, I'll just work my way out of it. Some 30+ matches later I'm about to flush out of Silver 5. Every second game is a complete curb stomp because the people on my team are unbelievably retarded. Just had a game with a Zagara who went Nydus on BB and tried to sneak lanes all game, dying obviously. Told me Devouring Maw wasn't a teamfight ulti.

The problem is that your ability to influence the outcome of the match in a positive way is really low, but your ability to influence it in a profoundly negative way is really high. At the draft stage, for instance, picking heroes that are grossly unsuited to the comp or begging for a counterpick. Or banning the wrong heroes, or failing to ban the right ones. Or laning like an idiot and avoiding teamfights like you've never played HoTS before in your life. Or feeding or AFKing or trolling. Those things are guaranteed to throw a game whereas good play merely keeps you on even ground. So when your teammates are Silver 4 or below, the odds of that happening are extremely high and your chances of doing anything about it is slim to bupkis.

Half the time I can spot a failed game in the draft screen, and I know it's basically already over. Last game someone complained about Li Ming being banned. He was 3rd and we were second pick. Clearly has no clue how HL works, and sure enough it was GG from the get-go.

Honestly, the standard of play I've had in the time I've been playing HL this season is considerably below QM levels. No exaggeration. So what can you do about it? Give up and hope to get placed better next season? Or is it just pointless to try ranking solo, I need to find good players to group with or don't bother?

At the moment, I'm ready to throw in the towel. Every time I try to recover some rank it's worse than the last, it's actually making me hate HoTS right now. I love this game, but Jesus Christ I hate the players.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2016-07-04 at 01:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Best way to move up in ranks is to play Tanks and drive your team to win. I know not always possible I experinced the same thing a couple of days ago in diamond 5. Just try to keep a positive attitude and don't bash your teams and you'll move up eventually.

At the very least, find someone to play with. Do not queue alone: there are many reasons for this.

Just do you best and pray you don't get garbage team mates next game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually i started feeling lately, that most people who play HL is just an bunch of trolls or something.

Okay i admited this before and again. I am not pro, i do my best to win, but one person can't do everything right? I am again close to demote back into Silver 3, and i not going even try again HL, because is filled with trolls. I barerly even yesterday in TL get this bronze 1 after 8 loses and 2 wins.

So yeah, i am done as well with rankeds, is really sick. However i noticed i got better games in unranked drafts or even QM's.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Actually i started feeling lately, that most people who play HL is just an bunch of trolls or something.

Okay i admited this before and again. I am not pro, i do my best to win, but one person can't do everything right? I am again close to demote back into Silver 3, and i not going even try again HL, because is filled with trolls. I barerly even yesterday in TL get this bronze 1 after 8 loses and 2 wins.

So yeah, i am done as well with rankeds, is really sick. However i noticed i got better games in unranked drafts or even QM's.
    I'm a diamond 5 I got dropped to platinum 1 after 7 game loss streak(back to diamond 5 now ^^). You just have to keep a positive mindset and improve yourself. Don't even think about how bad your team is just try to make good players and drive the game. All games have bad streaks and you'll get trolls and leavers just a fact of online games. But if you let people put you on tilt you'll never progress you just have to play your best every single game no matter how bad it looks like you'll lose. I know cliche right? It works tho.

Best tips I can give you are try to play ETC, he can change the outcome of a game if played right. Try to drive your team to make the right plays with him he has insane mobility and utility theres no bad case to play him... if they counter mosh pit too hard (even then I can usually make some sick plays with mosh) just take stage dive and use it to flank or split push then jump into a fight. And in general all you need to do is get about half of mosh pits duration off to make it useful. Locking the enemy team into posistion is insane all your team has to do is point and click then.

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest issue with people in Hero League is they dismiss any discussion (Well, more often than not).

I had a game on Tomb of Spider Queen where I was playing Xul and we also had Sylvanas. On the draft a player who picks Valla (LOL, really?) starts to moan about "double spec sucks", I tell him just to follow my instructions as Xul+Sylvanas is strong combo if played well on Tomb of Spider Queen. For first 5 minutes I was spamming: "Sylvanas bot, rest rotate top and mid to clear waves. Snowball the game on exp soak and push pressure and then we push with Webweavers and Sylvanas.", of course I got ignored and after seeing that Valla staying whole game in top lane I just gave up.

On the other hand, I play another game on Battlefield of Eternity as Greymane. People actually listen to all my instructions and we win under 10 minutes without losing any structure.

The sooner you realize Hero League is just a Quick Match with draft and massive egos, the sooner you will deal with it's bullshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    Best way to move up in ranks is to play Tanks and drive your team to win. I know not always possible I experinced the same thing a couple of days ago in diamond 5. Just try to keep a positive attitude and don't bash your teams and you'll move up eventually.
    I always thought if anything carried it was assassins.

Quote Originally Posted by flexks View Post
    Not really, unless you can single-handedly wipe the enemy team without much input from your allies. So, LiMing and KaelThas, but they are usually banned. Because bad tanks can just not defend you, or not be in frontline at all - melee assassins will just get blown up. Bad healers won't save you at all, so heroes like Greymane will die even faster. Bad teammates won't coordinate attacks with you, so unless you have some real damage to rain upon the enemy, you won't get far.

If you are playing a tank, on the other hand, you can create easy opportunities for your teammates so that they just have to point and click. You can defend your team, interrupt important stuff, engage when it's needed and not pussying around until the very last moment. If you pick one of the damagier tanks, like Muradin or Anubarak, you can even get some kills yourself. Plus if any thing is ingrained in people minds it is "follow the tank". If tank runs around doing nothing, then the healer and other assassins will be too scared to start a fight (or grow impatient and go suicide because they became tired of waiting). But if you pick the fights carefully, disengage and ping retreat when needed (and I do mean retreat, as in get the hell out of there, or people will think you are hesitant and stay too), then you can coordinate them into winning strategies.

Not in HoTS as an assassin with a bad team you get picked off easily no more carrying. As a tank you can drive your (okay)assassins to make good plays along with your great tank plays and win the game. Assassins like to get their egos inflated about how hard they're carrying when the support keeps them alive and the tank breaks enemy lines to more easily win teamfights. ETC after stacking E stacks if you go Groupies build heals for around 300 a tick late game which is insane.

But yeah assassins get picked off to easily, just get stunned and bam dead if you have a bad tank and or healer.

First night of playing ranked, D1 - every single game has been almost unbearably mismatched and over in 15 mins or less.

Just my little rant to help me cope
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    First night of playing ranked, D1 - every single game has been almost unbearably mismatched and over in 15 mins or less.

Just my little rant to help me cope
    I feel you, you helped me stay positive. I'll channel my determination at you. (assuming you mean losing one sided)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    First night of playing ranked, D1
    can't have been that bad a night if you went from platinum 1 to diamond 1 in one session

7+ Year Old Account
    Not the same game, but i feel the same about LOL atm, i was gold 1 last season , took a long break placed bronze 2 (should have practiced before placements my bad) though Oh np ill climb out.

Fuck that thought, Ill go 6kda most matches , have my tower in under 10-15, I'll roam, make plays, but ill get a bot lane that gives up 10 kills between the two of them in 15 mins.

My last game I played my bot lane and JG gave up 3 triple kills before 15 mins, we had an 8-0 vayne (which is a really fucking bad thing) The top laner and I (mid) were crushing and were winning 2v4 2v5 fights. But the bot lane says fuck it and decided to just run forward and feed kills (gave up 30).

TLDR
    my point is even if you try and hard carry the fucking idiots you get placed with sabotage your team anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors are one of most crucial roles in the game. If you have a bad tank, you will have a really bad time. The reason why is that Warriors are controlling when to pick engagements and when to retreat. If you can play Warrior, you will be able to cover up for some of your team mates' mistakes more or less. Granted, this is possible with any Hero role, but the Warrior is specifically made to afford taking those extra hits, so the player can actually take the opportunity to assist the other people on your team.

Mmm, I see what you're saying about warriors, the problem is which role you're playing is often determined by your pick order. Which completely sucks really... man I wish I had a regular team to play TL with instead. Team picking is so much better.

I was mostly just venting I guess, but the sheer number of troll or hopelessly mismatched games is really demoralising. It's seriously like every second game. I don't mind playing a game where people do their best but it isn't enough and they lose (and there have been several of those, fair enough), or if the enemy team is just better, what really gets me is how many games are over on the draft screen or complete curb stomps or full of people playing below QM levels. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Mmm, I see what you're saying about warriors, the problem is which role you're playing is often determined by your pick order. Which completely sucks really... man I wish I had a regular team to play TL with instead. Team picking is so much better.

I was mostly just venting I guess, but the sheer number of troll or hopelessly mismatched games is really demoralising. It's seriously like every second game. I don't mind playing a game where people do their best but it isn't enough and they lose (and there have been several of those, fair enough), or if the enemy team is just better, what really gets me is how many games are over on the draft screen or complete curb stomps or full of people playing below QM levels. Sigh.
    In most cases if you say you'll tank early you'll get tank. Not many people actully want to tank in HL lol.

Don't spam queue ranked matches, use QM and unranked to warm up, practice, and build your individual skill. Queue ranked matches only when you will not get distracted by others and you are focused on winning. It's that simple, focus on what you can control, because a single player CAN make an impact. Confident plays will win over your teammates and bad decisions will bring criticism.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is it wierd that I hate this ladder system? I liked ranks much better. I can't for the life of me win a promotion match, it is total bullshit. I feel like most of the people I am playing with are not at my level(silver 1), when I was around rank 16-4 before.

Im tired of people being toxic and not playing as steam being rude to people. Also, people with lower mmr have shittier network/computers, loading screen takes forever.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Is it wierd that I hate this ladder system? I liked ranks much better. I can't for the life of me win a promotion match, it is total bullshit. I feel like most of the people I am playing with are not at my level(silver 1), when I was around rank 16-4 before.

Im tired of people being toxic and not playing as steam being rude to people. Also, people with lower mmr have shittier network/computers, loading screen takes forever.
    I don't mind the ladder, however promotion matches shouldn't exist IMO. Overwatch does fine without them. It feels crap having to play an extra match to move up and have your progress munched. One time I thought I'd ranked up enough to hit a promotion match, but was off by like 5 points or something. Felt horrible.

They can keep demotion matches though :P